What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

although some people may know me as a social butterfly or a crazy levitation girl, my current job is a boring researcher. i'm still pursuing my MSc degree in petroleum engineering, doing the research of enhanced oil recovery technology for heavy oil reservoir and the method is called "in-situ combustion".

the Tshape quartz reactor is filled in with sand and hexadecane (C16H34) as oil reservoir model. the reactor is heated up to desired temperature (150-400C) and injected with air or nitrogen to see which hydrocarbon gases appear as result of combustion reaction. (kids, dont do it at home!)

nfxmomo2.jpg

and another rough day in the lab :(

yes, i broke my last reactor tube...

nfxmomo3.jpg

nfxmomo5.jpg

oouuuchhhh....

nfxmomo4.jpg

a rough day can't bring me down. oh dear kayo, what are you gonna do next?

what you see is what you get people LoL...

nfxmomo6.jpg

i need to release all negative aura by doing something; relaxing a bit at my cubicle, chilling, having a cup of coffee and sufuing? :D

nfxmomo7.jpg

looking for some inspirations is what i'm doing right now. it's not easy to race with the style everyday, yeah ya know.... ;-)

but today is just another casual wrywt outfit, IH tee, cardigan, NFxMomotaro, and vans.

nfxmomo8.jpg

Hey... it's Masahiro Suwaki, the Vice President of Japan Blue Group and the mastermind behind Momotaro Jeans. i think he's talking about his personal style, Momotaro and Collect.

nfxmomo1.jpg

ps. sorry people, bad quality pictures this time.

jeans are Skull I believe, either the 7x6 model or the anniversary model?

to add to that...jeans just got back from Vic's Beijing...definitely not my favorite spot i've been to in China but worth it for the 100 kuai open bar tonight....friends had a good time, i'm shuffling though photos at home now at 3am...blah blah i'll have some junk to post up at some point in the near future...

Great to see lots of new posts... 'cause I've been away.

We took off for three weeks to one of our favourite areas, the north coast of Spain. It's a 24 hour ferry ride, which is in itself an adventure. You leave from Portsmouth, a great town which might, I believe, be a haunt of The Clerk. the last stretch of ferry journey is along the Bay Of Biscay, which forms the Eastern Edge of the lower Atlantic and is a playground of many marine mammals. In the last few hours we spotted the spouts of a pair of sperm whales, as well as two or three pilot whales and a little school of dolphins. Then later that evening we were all set up at a little town called Comillas - the campsite has its own private beach, with good waves for bodyboarding, there's a sprinking of interesting Modernista buildings by Guadi and others, and an excellent restaurant all in walking distance. After around four days we took off for the Spanish mountains, the Picos de Europa. Another great place, an hours drive along a narrow road winding alongside the main river, the Deva, on which we went kayakin later. A couple days in we went up for a cable car ride more or less to the top. It's 800 meters up… you can see one cable car on the way up, one on its way down in the distance - at the top, you literally disappear into the clouds. Then as you explore, up in the peaks, you walk in and out of them...

picos3.jpg

picos4.jpg

picos5.jpg

Levi's and Roys made it up there safely…

levis.jpg

This was our favourite bar, El Bodegon, - the bartenders are terrific, the nipper and I duscovered it last year - the bartender would bring our drinks, give him the beer and me the orange juice, do a matador impression with a tablecloth, then when it came time for the bill, brought out a till roll around three feet long and pretended it was ours. It was gret to see he was still here…

elbodegon.jpg

Soon after we drive way out West to A Corunna, on the Atlantic coast. This was where we stopped for lunch…

cuatroventos.jpg

CV2.jpg

And this was another place we stopped to admire the view…

picnic2.jpg

A Coruna, like many Northern towns, has lots of cider bars. They pour it from several feet up to give it a decent foaming head. Two bottles, 6 percent or so, were around five Euros. Plus a hangover next morning of course...

cider.jpg

A Coruna boasts the world's oldest working lighthouse - according to legend it was built by Hercules, boring history says it's Roman.

torredehercules.jpg

we ended up on the Eastern side, in the Basque region, in a town called Zarauz. It's known for its blue canvas beachhuts, and the oddly shaped rock which flanks it, known as El Raton - the rat. It also boasts more amazing bars, where you can snack on seafood all evening, and swig the Vino Rosado, at a Euro a glass. Mmmm...

elraton.jpg

beachhuts.jpg

Great surfing, for the nipper, who after four lessons managed to learn how to catch the wave the stay on it for a few seconds…

surfingboy.jpg

Finally, last day, in Bilbao. An old Basque town which used to be grim, full of factories belching smoke. Now it's been totally revived thanks to the Guggenheim.

guggenheim-1.jpg

The Jeff Koons puppy looks rather sinister…

doggy.jpg

And there's aother great bar, the Cafe Iruna…

cafeirunamain.jpg

iruna1.jpg

And then - the ferry home. The weather was amazing - the sea looked glossy and limpid - we spotteda a minke whale and then, near sunset, pod after pod of dolphins, hundreds of them skipping in the wake, enjoying themselves...

The joy of being alive…

dolphins2.jpg

And the last sunset:

lastsunset.jpg

Great stuff everyone! Loved to see all of the places and things everyone has been experiencing lately.

here are some from the last two days...

6058310170_701b6d8da0_z.jpg

6057762887_2fd8022901_z.jpg

6058307048_0cb927a9cd_z.jpg

6058305056_5014a050a8_z.jpg

6058288538_ff721debcb_z.jpg

6058286546_7292f12bf5_z.jpg

6058285506_6efc5788da_z.jpg

6058283622_b41fd0af3d_z.jpg

6058278834_06a5fe0395_z.jpg

6057736845_06090c0fc9_z.jpg

^ Looks like you're making good headway with the repairs Finn!

Xpost from RxC - I'm in catch-up mode - first chance I've had to edit thru some recent stuff.

We went with friends to visit Black Creek Pioneer Village, a massive tract where life in Canada's pioneering days is re-created in painstaking detail. The "town" has all of the typical businesses that would have existed then, including tinsmiths, milliners, shoe/bootmakers, leather smiths, etc. We literally couldn't visit them all in one afternoon, but I'm sure we'll be back to catch the rest!

All of the folks who work there are in period-correct clothing, which is manufactured on the premises.

The ever popular wagon ride - the horse is a Clydesdale.

5cce0950.jpg

Pics from the tinsmith's, where you can try your own hand at making things

b361c701.jpg

58148e58.jpg

The mill, where the flour is milled for the bread that can be purchased at the bakery.

120d862c.jpg

b1d66662.jpg

02a4ab27.jpg

That afternoon, they had a dance - timing was good, because the skies suddenly got dark, and we had a massive thunderstorm - good thing that we were in a covered area!

4906207c.jpg

cee09b2d.jpg

Wilbur - is that you???

4651f9b4.jpg

Interesting exhibit on fire prevention

7d32e89b.jpg

f2889aec.jpg

Some scenes

c430669e.jpg

5f666bc9.jpg

What I was wearing

1f7bd2f9.jpg

One of my favourite businesses - the local brewery! :)

3d61ddac.jpg

My purchase for the day - a growler of brown beer!

a2af9842.jpg

The End (for now…)!

f99f08e0.jpg

Friday night -> Saturday -> Saturday Night

been feeing a bit prolific lately so excuse the multiple posts per page I've got going on here...enjoy Beijing.

6062257303_b2b359f0e3_z.jpg

6062809228_d757cfd721_z.jpg

6062266913_2cf9aee67f_z.jpg

6062273333_c6f1dddc3b_z.jpg

6062278883_2fb19d14f5_z.jpg

6062287297_a6b2db84a4_z.jpg

6062314321_1035624e78_z.jpg

6062866682_82abbea315_z.jpg

6062872050_cd933d69bd_z.jpg

6062331813_1bb0e1f078_z.jpg

Just a few more....getting ready to do some apartment hunting monday and tuesday, so hopefully i'll have a real home in the next few weeks.

6062341149_fe7ec039cc_z.jpg

6062884982_1841b395f9_z.jpg

6062894252_3f4fc1ea51_z.jpg

6062906300_3449a2d251_z.jpg

6062910106_acc4ed8d79_z.jpg

6062354787_f273f97316_z.jpg

Z, keep the photos coming...I feel as if i'm being transported in viewing them. Just curious, these aren't smart phone pics, are they ?

Hey thanks Shub! no the last 3 or 4 posts are all from my 5DmkII setup. The set I just posted is all with the 50mm f/1.4. The set before that is all with the 85mm f/1.8...and i'll keep them coming for sure. I'm going to be in Shenzhen / Hong Kong between the 7th and 9th of September so I'm excited to finally go to Hong Kong!

nice pictures on this page....

Z; love your street photos

Max; beach, food, girls and jumps are awesome..... wish i could rep you!

i was too tired to post the pictures yesterday....

Dear Summer,

why have you been unfriendly this year?

At the very end i did my last levitation on this cloudy, windy summer day before you turn into rainy autumn.

IMG_5381resized.jpg

IMG_5392BWjpgresized.jpg

IMG_5397resized.jpg

IMG_5409BWresized.jpg

IMG_5410BWresized.jpg

IMG_5345resized.jpg

see you again next year!

xoxo,

Kayo

Now that's what I'm talking about. Whatever the fuck those jeans are look GREAT on you Kayodic. You can pull off punk rock skinny like nobody's bizness !

cheers rapunzel, happy that you like it...

thank you so much Shub... i'm flattered! i'm so lucky that i can pull off the skinny to loose jeans on the other hand, i just cant stop buying jeans LoL....

B; looking forward to your version, ohh... and please make it super mighty cool :D

Ok, well yesterday I went upstate NY to visit my moms BFs brother.

first, we left the house. Had the dogs, and my book and that is all I needed.

IMG_4878.jpg

IMG_4880.jpg

Approaching whatever bridge this is.. I believe throgs neck.

IMG_4886.jpg

Unfortunately it started to rain.. heavily after about 2 hours in the car.

IMG_4953.jpg

IMG_4954.jpg

We stopped to get gas (and walk the dogs), and this is after the rain stopped. now we are in the mountains.

IMG_4959.jpg

IMG_4962.jpg

Look at the beauty of this place..

IMG_5015.jpg

Yay! We finally arrived.

IMG_5037.jpg

after chilling in the house for about an hour or so the dogs needed to be walked so we walked them again, but we all went.

IMG_5042.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

About 1/4 mile down the road was the next house, some really nice guy owned it and the dogs even made a new friend!

IMG_5045.jpg

IMG_5050.jpg

The guy gave us some snap pease and he had a beautiful house, my moms bfs brother rented out a place down the road (shit hole), and the guy we were speaking too offered his house to rent it out for even cheaper and it was a hell of a lot nicer of a house. When we just started to walk again he said if we wanted to see the waterfall in his backyard we could, and let me tell you his back yard was beautiful!

IMG_5052.jpg

the stream leading to the waterfall

IMG_5056.jpg

waterfall:

IMG_5070.jpg

It was about a 40 foot drop but my lens wasn't wide enough to show it but I tried taking this picture so you would get the height.

IMG_5075.jpg

Then we headed back:

IMG_5082.jpg

As we were walking back to the house I saw a butterfly!

IMG_5092.jpg