What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

my saturday started with a trip to SE/LA:

5006885653_b520e25636_z.jpg

5007494448_10f8901784_z.jpg

then went over to a friend's place for some dinner and fishing off his backyard dock. it was my first time fishing and it was a blast! caught 2 catfishes that night. my buddy throws dry dog food into the lake and the catfish love it. the irony...

here comes the rod:

5007541062_5cae37851c_z.jpg

5006932645_78e74c66fb_z.jpg

first one:

5006886305_47e270b5e7_z.jpg

second one was quite a bit larger:

5006932013_97e591ecdd_z.jpg

crashed out and woke up the next day to chill out back again.

wife's geisha on the left and my pbj007s on the right:

5006888291_a0bfe9911e_z.jpg

tried fishing again but wasn't so lucky today:

5007500572_9c86314cdc_z.jpg

cat:

5006887261_c3e5cb31dc_z.jpg

cat loves dry bones denim:

5006889251_cbec525c2c_z.jpg

-z- say happy birthday to your little girl for me. shes a really pretty little darling and whatever denim she is wearing (japanese or not i dont care), they look really good on her. the picture of her picking the blue flowers is lovely. love stuff like that! happy denim family i see. heh. anw with regards to the website, i love the whole grid system of it but the font is a little distracting for me. but thats just a personal thing. it seems to draw a way a bit of attention away from your pictures, which i feel like should be the main focus. all the best with the website!

lowrider those are some nice pictures, the dry bones jacket fits you great. is it a type III jacket? love the pictures of the self edge hangers. heh.

so today on one of my sydney adventures, i went out with the girlfriend who was taking out one of her friends who was coincidentally visiting, around. we got up early and took her to a place around paddington and oxford street. i dont know too much about the history about the place but my impression is that it is a pretty upmarket place since the residential houses look pretty great. the thing i like about this place are the number of bookstores and cafes around. pretty good.

R1001489.jpg

headed out to one of the stores as i followed the girls around shopping. we went to this place called robby ingham where they stocked stuff like acne, alexander wang and the likes of those but none of that interested me except the cool little pieces of installations art they had.

R1001494.jpg

they had these all around the shop, which i thought was pretty cool. didnt take picturs because no phototaking was allowed (didnt want to end up like almostnice at urban outshitters) but they had a pretty nice little yard/garage out in the back where they had this huge tree with no leaves (??) i dont know if it was a real tree but just looking right out behind it was pretty cool.

R1001500.jpg

walked around more about the area as we visited bookstores as well as a little lifestyle store where we bought misc stuff along the way. this was one of the stores and they had weird stuff for sale. never been to an adult store before but i think it might look something like this, except this was a lifestyle store that also sold things like "kids masterchef kitchen utensils". so i didn't really understand the "mr-X- big-giant-pecker-squeeze-me-keyring". EDC anyone?

R1001502.jpg

had waterguns as well.. but they might not be waterguns. everything just sounded wrong. "water guns give you infinite pleasure" anyone? or is it just me?

R1001513.jpg

enough of naughty toys and went to this cafe just round the corner called cafe alimentari. supposedly an italian cafe but it was a nice little cosy cafe which was right smack in the middle of a residential area with all the nice little houses. nothing like the concrete jungle i live in back home. ordered a little danish swirl thingy (i think). wasn't sweet enough for my liking but the gf liked it.

R1001517.jpg

spinach stuffed ravioli with meatballs in bolognaise. this was not too shabby. somehow hit the spot with food like these feeling so homecooked. the meatballs were pretty awesome. washed them down with a hot chocolate (i dont like coffee) but if anyone is planning to visit, i heard that the coffee is pretty good.

R1001519.jpg

nice girl who served us our drinks and food.

R1001523.jpg

more shopping around the area and down the street. i didnt get to do any because i couldnt find any nice stuff although robby ingham (which i visited at the start of the day) had gitman vintage shirts, but they had none of my size and shopping in sydney seems quite overpriced no offence. food is good though. went to a lot of women's store but didnt get any pictures because my hands were full.

after all that shopping, we ended our friends day by bringing her to the city to catch her train home but not before going to max brenner's where they served some lovely waffles with fresh fruit. that hit the sweet spot since i was pretty hungry by then and it was my first time trying. lovely stuff.

R1001524.jpg

and after sending her off, we went to this little vietnamese restaurant near our place called "pasteur" where we had mixed beef and beef balls with rice noodles, or typically called pho. not a really clean looking place but the food was champ, hands down. the broth was just right and the proportions of meat was really generous.

R1001525.jpg

also ordered these fried spring rolls, even though we wanted the steamed ones which were sadly already out of stock but these were really good as well.

that ended the day with our stomachs full which managed to get us home. great day today but hopefully a even better one tomorrow! can't wait for mabbe a small little surprise that i have been waiting for, for a while now! goodnight!

What are you shooting with lowrider? I could swear that the cat portrait is really familiar.

this was taken yesterday with an eos 1dmkiii / 24-70 f2.8L shot at 32mm at 1/250 sec at f2.8. iso was 400 and there's a bit of pshop lightroom work done. i guess if you've seen one pussy, you've seen them all! icon10.gif

Lowrider - where you at? Looks like it could be Newport or Balboa...?

i was in lake forest in OC off bake pkwy.

lowrider those are some nice pictures, the dry bones jacket fits you great. is it a type III jacket? love the pictures of the self edge hangers. heh.

thanks! yes, it's the type iii.

After running a 4-hour meeting today, I hit up Bier Stube, the local German pub. I think I could live here!!

photo1oq.jpg

Wurstes!

photo2hi.jpg

Greatest sauerkraut I have ever eaten.

photo3xr.jpg

Prost!!

photoyc.jpg

After running a 4-hour meeting today, I hit up Bier Stube, the local German pub. I think I could live here!!

photo1oq.jpg

Wurstes!

photo2hi.jpg

Greatest sauerkraut I have ever eaten.

photo3xr.jpg

Prost!!

photoyc.jpg

Nice stuff everyone!

-Z-, beautiful pics! Happy birthday to -S- :)

I really like your initial site design: clean, elegant. Only thing I would change is the wording about you - it's a real long sentence, and viewers might get a bit de-focused... ;)

Lowrider, your pics are always so rich! Not to mention - great fit!

Hate it that I can't rep either of you right now :(

Nice stuff everyone!

-Z-, beautiful pics! Happy birthday to -S- :)

I really like your initial site design: clean, elegant. Only thing I would change is the wording about you - it's a real long sentence, and viewers might get a bit de-focused... ;)

Lowrider, your pics are always so rich! Not to mention - great fit!

Hate it that I can't rep either of you right now :(

Damn ranon always making me hungry.

Lowrider- close enough to my hometown for rock and roll!

-Z-... some rambling thoughts:

I LOVE the layout, particularly of the front page, for the reason that when I initially glanced at your post (before reading) I thought it was a book, not a website - gives it a great feeling of authenticity and tangibility normally missing from a website.

My only though on the front page: center the text towards the bottom?

However, I think the "who i am" page needs to be cleaned up. I agree with riff that the sentence on the lower-left is pretty convoluted. I don't know if there was a stylistic/aesthetic intent there, but I feel it visibly and conceptually clutters the feel of cleanliness (in terms of layout) I otherwise get from the setup.

I also think there are too many pictures of you yourself in the "who i am" page. How about breaking them up by replacing a couple with photos you've taken that somehow represent who you are, without necessarily being photos of you - right now it has a bit too much of a myspace/facebook-page "photos of me" feel.

Also also, the color-pattern of the writing on the right is confusing - you have the "i am..." heading in blue, and then the information in gray, then you switch below and have the headings ("the flickr") in grey and the info in blue. I was confused

Lastly (and maybe this would be mitigated by the above), I feel the photos of the "who i am" page disrupt/break the aesthetic established by the front page. I think it's mostly the larger photo that does it - there's too much color and brightness and sharp-edgedness (I just made that word up) - it doesn't visually flow from the header the way the front page does. I suspect that if you swapped in a b&w photo (you in the chair?) or a photo that's darker at the top (you finger-framing a shot?), it would ease the transition and give the page a cleaner, better flow.

That was way more critique than I set out intending to offer. I hope it helps! And your daughter, and your photography of her, is beautiful! I love the smiles.

On a completely unrelated note....

On Saturday I went to Kampala's somehow-annual "Royal Ascot Goat Races". You read right. Why race goats? Why not. Why call it "Royal Ascot"? Because you want to make it sound as British (read: colonial) as possible.

It apparently started out in '93-ish with a handful of locals getting drunk and "racing" goats. It has since been taken over by the biggest business mogul in Uganda and turned into a swanky (sort of...) affair, modeled after classy British horse-racing events.

So obviously I had to go.

The only (massive) down side: Yom Kippur. The Jewish Day of Atonement, whence, even though I don't actually believe in the tenets of Judaism as a religion, I still follow the dogma and fast for 24 hours - that's no food, no drink (not even water) from sundown to sundown. Aaaaand this year it was Friday to Saturday. Sooo I got to watch delicious to-be roast goat run around a track and all of my friends booze it up, and not partake!

IMG_2250.jpg

Some local musicians providing inter-race entertainment

IMG_2251.jpg

Local dancers... just to add to the massively colonial feel

IMG_2265.jpg

Seriously though, these women shake themselves in ways that I can't even quite conceive.

Aaaaand this is what a goat "race" looks like!

IMG_2266.jpg

First you put some numbered bibs on some goats. Then you put them on a track. Then you push them with a mattress on a cart. Inevitably one accidentally crosses the finish line first... thereby "winning".

IMG_2270.jpg

See the fury and determination of the racers

IMG_2272.jpg

Definitely the densest concentration of white people I have seen in a while! We bazungu are into some stupid shit (like paying 15,000 UGX to watch something this inane...)

Figured I should dress the part, so Jeans stayed home. I'm still offended that I didn't win "best dressed man".

IMG_2273.jpg

American Optical

custom-made in Bangkok jacket

custom-made in Bangkok shirt

Red Clay (Bay Area what what?) shorts

vintage Freeman shoes

In the evening we went to check out the Bayimba International Cultural Festival. Pretty rad!

Saw some live music, and attended the "silent disco". Sounded pretty kitschy, but it was AWESOME. Everyone wears wireless headphones and there was a DJ spinning, broadcasting to the headphones. There were actually two channels - the other just playing a play-list. It was rad. The best part was if you wanted to have a conversation with someone, you could just take the headphones off and talk at normal volume! I was surprised by how much fun I had.

IMG_2277.jpg

little green lights dancing around on everyone's ears... like a bunch of Borg or some shit.

IMG_2278.jpg

After the disco, back to live music. This band - part Zimbabwean and part Austrian - was pretty amazing. I had to get a shot of the dude on the drum-box thingy, though, 'cause he looked like a caricature (mid-50s, with earrings, frosted tips and a v-neck tee) was feeling his shit SO hard.

IMG_2282.jpg

Actually ran into drumboxdude the next day and had a chat - nice guy.

I still owe you all pictures of lots of animals.

Damn ranon always making me hungry.

Lowrider- close enough to my hometown for rock and roll!

-Z-... some rambling thoughts:

I LOVE the layout, particularly of the front page, for the reason that when I initially glanced at your post (before reading) I thought it was a book, not a website - gives it a great feeling of authenticity and tangibility normally missing from a website.

My only though on the front page: center the text towards the bottom?

However, I think the "who i am" page needs to be cleaned up. I agree with riff that the sentence on the lower-left is pretty convoluted. I don't know if there was a stylistic/aesthetic intent there, but I feel it visibly and conceptually clutters the feel of cleanliness (in terms of layout) I otherwise get from the setup.

I also think there are too many pictures of you yourself in the "who i am" page. How about breaking them up by replacing a couple with photos you've taken that somehow represent who you are, without necessarily being photos of you - right now it has a bit too much of a myspace/facebook-page "photos of me" feel.

Also also, the color-pattern of the writing on the right is confusing - you have the "i am..." heading in blue, and then the information in gray, then you switch below and have the headings ("the flickr") in grey and the info in blue. I was confused

Lastly (and maybe this would be mitigated by the above), I feel the photos of the "who i am" page disrupt/break the aesthetic established by the front page. I think it's mostly the larger photo that does it - there's too much color and brightness and sharp-edgedness (I just made that word up) - it doesn't visually flow from the header the way the front page does. I suspect that if you swapped in a b&w photo (you in the chair?) or a photo that's darker at the top (you finger-framing a shot?), it would ease the transition and give the page a cleaner, better flow.

That was way more critique than I set out intending to offer. I hope it helps! And your daughter, and your photography of her, is beautiful! I love the smiles.

On a completely unrelated note....

On Saturday I went to Kampala's somehow-annual "Royal Ascot Goat Races". You read right. Why race goats? Why not. Why call it "Royal Ascot"? Because you want to make it sound as British (read: colonial) as possible.

It apparently started out in '93-ish with a handful of locals getting drunk and "racing" goats. It has since been taken over by the biggest business mogul in Uganda and turned into a swanky (sort of...) affair, modeled after classy British horse-racing events.

So obviously I had to go.

The only (massive) down side: Yom Kippur. The Jewish Day of Atonement, whence, even though I don't actually believe in the tenets of Judaism as a religion, I still follow the dogma and fast for 24 hours - that's no food, no drink (not even water) from sundown to sundown. Aaaaand this year it was Friday to Saturday. Sooo I got to watch delicious to-be roast goat run around a track and all of my friends booze it up, and not partake!

IMG_2250.jpg

Some local musicians providing inter-race entertainment

IMG_2251.jpg

Local dancers... just to add to the massively colonial feel

IMG_2265.jpg

Seriously though, these women shake themselves in ways that I can't even quite conceive.

Aaaaand this is what a goat "race" looks like!

IMG_2266.jpg

First you put some numbered bibs on some goats. Then you put them on a track. Then you push them with a mattress on a cart. Inevitably one accidentally crosses the finish line first... thereby "winning".

IMG_2270.jpg

See the fury and determination of the racers

IMG_2272.jpg

Definitely the densest concentration of white people I have seen in a while! We bazungu are into some stupid shit (like paying 15,000 UGX to watch something this inane...)

Figured I should dress the part, so Jeans stayed home. I'm still offended that I didn't win "best dressed man".

IMG_2273.jpg

American Optical

custom-made in Bangkok jacket

custom-made in Bangkok shirt

Red Clay (Bay Area what what?) shorts

vintage Freeman shoes

In the evening we went to check out the Bayimba International Cultural Festival. Pretty rad!

Saw some live music, and attended the "silent disco". Sounded pretty kitschy, but it was AWESOME. Everyone wears wireless headphones and there was a DJ spinning, broadcasting to the headphones. There were actually two channels - the other just playing a play-list. It was rad. The best part was if you wanted to have a conversation with someone, you could just take the headphones off and talk at normal volume! I was surprised by how much fun I had.

IMG_2277.jpg

little green lights dancing around on everyone's ears... like a bunch of Borg or some shit.

IMG_2278.jpg

After the disco, back to live music. This band - part Zimbabwean and part Austrian - was pretty amazing. I had to get a shot of the dude on the drum-box thingy, though, 'cause he looked like a caricature (mid-50s, with earrings, frosted tips and a v-neck tee) was feeling his shit SO hard.

IMG_2282.jpg

Actually ran into drumboxdude the next day and had a chat - nice guy.

I still owe you all pictures of lots of animals.

THIS looks like so much fun...Too bad there is nothing similar in the area where i live and i actually never heard of something like that...Awesome idea!...must spread!...and i can't wait to see that shirt when it's done ;)

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

THIS looks like so much fun...Too bad there is nothing similar in the area where i live and i actually never heard of something like that...Awesome idea!...must spread!...and i can't wait to see that shirt when it's done ;)

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

totally rad dkatz. however you flouted the rules of what are your jeans doing today so unfortunately im going to neg rep you. haha.

Whoa whoa whoa dude!

Come on... don't I at least qualify for a neutral rep, for the effort?

totally rad dkatz. however you flouted the rules of what are your jeans doing today so unfortunately im going to neg rep you. haha.

Whoa whoa whoa dude!

Come on... don't I at least qualify for a neutral rep, for the effort?