What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

Ranon I've been to one of his exhibitions in NYC. It was amazing!!!

Beatle nice IH meet up. I got my Hawaiis yesterday. thanks for the help on the sizing. Soaked them already and they came out spot on :)

Pics are from yesterday. was gonna take fit pics today but I woke up feeling sick as a dog.

IMG_1544.jpg

Love the details on these

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

Indigo soup!!!

IMG_1550.jpg

Cheers!!!

Great fucking installations Ranon, love modern sculpture / mixed media visual art. couldn't rep but it looks like a heck of a fun day

lunch today at the Cheeky Monkey Deli, on my list of places around town to try so we decided to do so. great sandwiches.

4925044151_83dbdfff6d_z.jpg

4925043029_cbee8560e9_z.jpg

4925041999_45e157910b_z.jpg

I had a Cubano and a tall boy

4925635924_a76f9a49a4_z.jpg

4925636340_06188c1c05_z.jpg

got home this evening after some shopping (nothing of note here) and had an icy glass of corralejo, tasted good.

4925635236_b31c99cd67_z.jpg

rooftop garden beginning to show a lot of progress!

4925039889_0d38f84135_z.jpg

grilled out for dinner, fantastic weather in the 70's tonight!

4925038443_e72ac3e8da_z.jpg

and went out to the "backyard" to capture some of the last light.

4925629234_9a0fea428d_z.jpg

Guest I LOVE LFC

I wish I could man. I will be in the future, me and the Mrs have always said we want to take our daughter there, show her where we used to holiday in our early 20's. The only downside is, we want her to be old enough to want to see stuff over there, so it will be a good few years yet.

Although not staying where we used to stay would be sad, because it was so handy for places. My auntie had a place in the costa del sol apartments, Bayshore road.

Just a quick question, 5 minutes walk from there, there was a restaurant called the red house, it is the best food I have ever tasted, have you ever been?

ahhh that would be good to bring your little one when shes older. I can imagine that there would be more places to bring her to in a few more years since we always have "touristy" places sprouting out every now and then. past year we had our universal studios (which embarrassingly i havent been to) but it would be nice to come.

bayshore road was really close to where i did my national service (which is basically 2 years of mandatory military service for males who reach 18) a few years back but somehow that place evades memory. a quick google search shows me that they have been around since 1976 which is mighty long by our standards, so they must be good. I have to try this place out (among other places that i have shamefully never been to!)

if you're looking for places for seafood, there are no shortages of places to go to though! my personal moto is "the dingier the place, the better tasting the food". there are many such upmarket seafood places to go to but i believe that there are many other places that serve equally good food at lower prices too!

let me know if you do pop by (even if it's in a few years). I would be more than happy to show you around! (or you could show me around. ha!)

Guest I LOVE LFC

No, this is a way more dingier place than what the google search comes up with. It's basically a tent with plastic chairs and tables, haha, but like you said, they seem to be the best.

Yea will defo let you know if we end up coming, hopefully sooner rather than later :-)

get well soon man. im sure they'll look so much better on you than on me. ;):D

Thanks ranon. I'm sure they looked good on you but you're not used to a looser straight leg fit. I''ve been wearing slimmer jeans as well, it takes some getting used to. I'm digging these though.

BTW strange that we both posted about the same jeans on the same day. LOL!!!

I was damn close to buying a pair of either Oki's or Hawaii's in Japan, but I couldn't convince the wife I needed 3 pairs of $$$ jeans. they were the cheapest jeans at Hinoya (almost...) was surprised that they were so cheap domestically, the denim freakin' rocks.

^ Yeah, for some reason the pricing of the some SC denim are hugely inflated overseas. The price of the basic Hawaii's or Ryukyu's outside Japan are the same as the price of the higher-end Hawaii's or Ryukyu's in Japan...

I don't know how they expect to compete with brands like Dry bones or TFH with pricing like that...

^ I was referring to their Satobiki line - that ain't repro.

SC fulfils quite a few niches within it's label - Toyo is a giant company compared to TFH and DB - that's why I don't understand their less than competitive overseas pricing on certain models outside the Japanese market, given their excellent value-for-money in the Japanese domestic market.

Guest I LOVE LFC

Thanks for the 1000 pomata! Must spread like usual!

What type of dog is that?

I'm desperate for an Akita but I'm weary until my little princess is older!

Moved into my new dorm today at the University of Pittsburgh. Couple pics of the room itself and the view from window

IMG_0233.jpg?t=1282870136

IMG_0232.jpg?t=1282870136

IMG_0231.jpg?t=1282870136

View from the window is of the Cathedral of Learning and the local park. The Cathedral is the second tallest educational building in the world. It's pretty awesome inside, but pics will have to wait until a later wayjdt.

a while back I shared some pics of the canoe I'm building with my dad. I left off when we had it fully stripped... it looked like this:

vy8g2p.jpg

next step was to sand it down and then lay the fiberglass cloth over it:

otgjdx.jpg

next step was to epoxy it, which makes the fiberglass translucent and really makes the color of the wood pop

hvuzih.jpg

pretty good feeling after getting the whole thing epoxied...

a9v77b.jpg

you can see the variation in the Red Ceder here:

29y5mqe.jpg

and finally, once the outside dried, you take it off the forms for the first time, flip it over and it's ready to sand the inside before fiberglassing it...

5l6xqd.jpg

just got back from a trip to the beach with my parents, sister, and a friend of mine. forgot to bring my camera along for a number of the fun things we did, so sadly i am missing a lot of good photos

here's what i did get though:

the first night (august 24th) there we were treated to an amazing oregon coast sunset

4931070893_faa59ae92a.jpg

and i got to play around with some more lighting after the sun went down

4931663096_76e6df8fc6.jpg

then read my new book a little bit before hitting the hay

4931071691_c00839d72c.jpg

the next morning we got up at around 1030, hung out and played scrabble, then went to cannon beach. where we were staying was fogged in, but it was sunny in cannon only 10ish miles away :confused: weird stuff..

4931072081_168d574c05.jpg

while at the beach we saw this dude flying a huge kite

4931664046_72e6c441b8.jpg

had he not been really yanking on that thing he would've gone flying with it

4931072745_6449ab8bff.jpg

then played around with some night lighting for a waywt

disney

tg/tg/tg/tfh

aw cougar

vans

4931072981_24b75e3aa7.jpg

today (well, technically yesterday now) my family headed home and my friend and i went to the tillamook cheese factory. it's pretty small, but still fun to see every once in a while

4931665332_5ab038869d.jpg

i bought 8 oz of smoked black pepper cheddar (no vis) and 8 oz of the hot habañero jack (the white with red). thinking about making a grilled cheese out of it tomorrow.. yumm

4931666018_ee81f89cb2.jpg