What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

There I was admiring the snow in Beatle's scenes, when it arrived just in time for my trip up North to see the folks.

street.jpg

This is a small town called Beverley, in Yorkshire. USed to detest it heartily, but as I have mellowed I have come to appreciate its finer points. THe finest of which is this pub, The White Horse, always known as Nelly's. It dates from the 1700s, and sells beer by a bnrewery called Sam Smith, from Tadcaster. Every time I order a round of drinks I have to check the price... cos it's so ridiculously cheap, half London prices.

The lounge, complete with families and couples taking a break from the Christmas shopping.

nellys1.jpg

nellys2.jpg

it's full of tiny cubby-hole rooms, all lit by gaslight. Nothing has been changed here in a century or two. I think it also used to be a favroued haunt of old fokies, and Nick Drake played here 40 years ago.

nellys4.jpg

nellys3.jpg

Lovely old lead paint:

nellys5.jpg

The pub's opposite an old church which I guess dates from the 1200s. I've always loved this old plaque commemorating a duel:

quarrel.jpg

Sadly you can't see the nipper is wearing selvage H&M, but the wellies are nice & warm.

nipper.jpg

Trickers are holding up well in the wet.

shoes.jpg

I'm glad I bought a hat - a baker's boy, from COlumbia Road. And I brought the old Pea Coat out of retirement; all I need is about 6 inches taking out....

hat.jpg

In Regensburg, DE for vacation / family visits, series of posts will follow over the next few days...here's our first day down:

Besser als das Essen bei die Oma gibt es einfach nicht

img4397u.jpg

Fruchtzwerge (one of the best treats that hasn't made it over to the States yet):

img4398w.jpg

"Gesund mit Bier" (Healthy with Beer) — Only in Bavaria!

img4411g.jpg

Bayern München highlights of the day...4-1 victory

img4415bw.jpg

The passtime that quickly became actiontime

img4419bw.jpg

as every year i went christmasshopping at the last minute.took the old pushbike out,camera on selfshutter and hey presto!

4210373169_5bcc307637.jpg

4211138890_45188c6e83.jpg

4210375037_87a9f5c217.jpg

4210375939_22fb16f10b.jpg

4210377137_e7ec4f399a.jpg

dont know which to choose,zhe german infantry attackgroup or the tigertank... hard to decide!

4211142608_ec3eb4fe17.jpg

only joking. got this instead.

4211143644_87b96d67b5.jpg

this allnighter started 25 years ago ( i was there,ha! ) and is still going strong.

4210379831_0a1ff42573.jpg

or the late deep purple anybody?

4210380853_b825e68bfe.jpg

this would be my choice today,but the family wont let me!

4211146800_33a34bf1bb.jpg

my tour ended in the supermarket nearby to get the last bits of food and drinks.

Aero B10

BuzzRickson

Pikebrothers

and my trusty old Meindl hikingboots.

Merry christmas everyone!

Great stuff guys! I can't believe the snow missed us...

Farmer - would be nice to see your post-wash pics!

Well, today was a really laid back day. Even the pups just wanted to take it easy and be lazy.

We headed out to pick up some groceries and stuff... Hardly any snow left, although it's been really cold :(

waywt241209a.jpg

The boys wanted to come along:

pupsincar.jpg

Always a good place for stocking stuffers:

marksu.jpg

Then it was off to buy food. Halfway through...

groceriesa.jpg

Mmmmmm... No cooking tonight! And the family dinner tomorrow is at relatives, so no cooking then either!

foodcounter.jpg

Then it was back home, to find a quiet corner & wrap gifts - without our daughter discovering...

xmasgifts.jpg

The tree:

xmasstree2.jpg

Every year we buy one or two special ornaments... This is one of my favorites. Notice Pink Panther Santa sitting in the sled our daughter built last year!

snowboardsanta.jpg

Hope you all have a great holiday season! :)

Few days back, went up to Hexenagger for its Kriskindlmarkt...-14ºC was less than enough for us

img4425bw.jpg

So cold that my brother's eyelashes froze:

img4426bw.jpg

So cold that we couldn't feel the heat from the boiling water tank:

img4447bw.jpg

img4453bw.jpg

img4463bw.jpg

Post-dinner snow

img4576bw1.jpg

Florian, great post, i'm jealous of your locale, looking forward to two weeks vacation in January even more now.

the snow came and went...as always, not nearly as bad as predicted. but still a healthy 14 inches at our place. perfect way to get my parents snowed in at our house for the first xmas at our place...

woke up to this...

4215405250_09cb283284.jpg

did some of this, check that. alot of this.

4215386562_a7d3a545c8.jpg

4215378320_6ddbe727fb.jpg

got some good hard work in the STF's

4214614811_515dbce11c.jpg

and as always...she loved every minute of it.

4214626089_9a1d2ac3bb.jpg

had time to snap a few pics

4215376220_8791796ba2.jpg

4214611399_b9bab29333.jpg

then on to the family x-mas day celebration at the in-laws home. complete with my favorite foods, beer, wine, and my favorite cat.

4214628279_3d7dda89cc.jpg

wondering why there is bedding in my office, a bit unhappy...but hey, it's x-mas!

evening chill out x-mas edition WAYWT

4214624855_46fa61bc82.jpg

hope everybody here had a great holiday wherever you are!

cheers.

nice pics florian, so you are in bavaria too. but its warmer now.

paul i loved your pics, the church is really beautiful, so is the pub. and cheers almost, a soul allnighter would be perfect now.

i wish you all a great holiday

I'm afraid of color and there are, in that sense, a few rarities in this batch. Around the 'Old Town' of Regensburg

German X Chic:

img4628v.jpg

Kriskindlmarkt trinkets:

img4665i.jpg

Part of a geometrical something I'm putting together...

img4585c.jpg

img4607bw.jpg

img4734bw.jpg

img4735bw.jpg

img4764bw.jpg

more to come, thanks for the rep

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoQRu22ii2A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoQRu22ii2A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Woke up to snow falling ... a rare sight in Shanghai, as it only snows a few days a year here, if at all

4217875731_2cb6544a15.jpg

Today my jeans (Burgus 770's) went go-karting. $8.80 USD for 8 minutes of thrills & spills!

4218640970_1c8db79768.jpg

The course is really well designed - makes the most out of a small space, and plenty of opportunity to over take, or slam into each other ;)

4218641846_ea6b6f4dc2.jpg

Helmets sitting unused on a shelf - I love Shanghai! Live fast, live dangerously!

4217875153_03d075528e.jpg

Caught a live rock gig...

4217881291_0ef93df837.jpg

4218607162_038d082f8e.jpg

you ren, how do you like your burgus 770? i'm considering getting a pair when i'm in japan in a few weeks, but i've only seen them on hinoya's rakuten site. how is the fabric/cut/texture, etc.?

you ren, how do you like your burgus 770? i'm considering getting a pair when i'm in japan in a few weeks, but i've only seen them on hinoya's rakuten site. how is the fabric/cut/texture, etc.?

Hey Z, thanks for the rep, glad to hear you've got a japan trip coming up!

I've been documenting the evolution of my Lot 770s over on the Burgus by Hinoya thread http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=52202 - there's only a few pages on this brand so won't take you more than a few minutes to read the whole thing

In short though, the Burgus are a good value buy, the denim is really hairy and wears quickly to reveal some rewarding variations in blue. The cut is low rise and relatively slim fit. I recommend you go up one size, TTS leaves no room for balls :D

Good luck with the trip planning! Look forward to seeing your purchases!

My jeans spent part of the day shortening up my new hickory stripe shirt in front by about an inch and a half. I broke my sewing machine in the process, though :( If you look closely, you can see some uneven stitching, but I'm happy with it...

shirt1v.jpg

shirt2t.jpg

At this point, I think the fit is just about perfect. I think the anchor buttons are a much better fit. The front hem is already curling quite a bit.

fit3.jpg

fit2.jpg

It's pretty common on denim shirts. My MFSC denim utility shirt does it, as does any MFSC denim CPO I've seen. It's character, in my opinion.

What my jeans did over the past couple of days haha

went to my grandparents in Indiana for x-mas.

went for a run on x-mas eve, and had to snap a pic of some horses:

downsized_1224091247.jpg

Egg Nog on x-mas morning (fully chalked with Cognac and Bourbon:D)

1225091307.jpg

My g-parents have this lighted sculpture in the house:

DSCN0016.jpg

The shed behind their house:

DSCN0069.jpg

little stream in the back yard:

DSCN0073.jpg

DSCN0088.jpg

my dad and I went out taking pictures last night:

DSCN0091.jpg

hope everyone had a good holidays!