What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

Hour or two later...

IMG_7967.jpg

Cut branches off the not so good trees to sell in bunches.

IMG_7973.jpg

Finished cutting, wrapping and loading trees for someone else. About 300. Almost filled a 53' trailer.

IMG_7987.jpg

WAYWT

IMG_8005.jpg

Dry off and take a break.

Starting wholesale orders...

IMG_7989.jpg

Hilton Hotel wants 40 8.5". Have to combine 2 6" pot to make 1 8.5".

IMG_7990.jpg

Put foils on the pots.

IMG_7996.jpg

Package them up to protect them from the cold weather.

IMG_8001.jpg

Deliver them and thats about it.:)

So I am a bit late in posting pics, but I didn't take my own camera, and am relying on the friends to send me what they got.

Thanksgiving was nice this year. A friend who owns a deli/bar decided to buy up 100lbs of turkey, some roast beef, fix up some sides, and for dessert... an open bar for the Americans away from home.

As such, I thought we needed to add some flavor by inviting friends from other parts of the globe. I mean, that's what Thanksgiving is about anyway, right...?

You Ren has more pics to show off the spread, but he left his camera at work, so here are the pics from other friends:

Having a beer with my Shanghai Sufu bro:

IMG_4261.jpg

Reviewing You Ren Adam's photos. Notice the BR MA-1 (You Ren) and BR Chambray (me):

nyc2.jpg

With the Ball and Chains:

nyc3.jpg

Sporting my new Post O'Alls from last weeks trip to Tokyo:

IMG_4299.jpg

Then a couple of days later ole' You Ren decided to pay me a visit in my current hometown of ZhuJiaJiao, and bring along some of his friends/family.

I tried to get the dogs walked before he arrived, but he got here before I was finished. As you can see, the boys were excited to see everyone. I almost ate it in my new DVs (that's Ben and Toby)... they're monsters :o

IMG_4512.jpg

As tour guide, I had to lead the way to the Old Town. It is only a 10 min walk, but You Ren brought babies and the elderly, so he opted to drive. My Chinese tractor led the way (BR Pea Coat btw):

IMG_4516.jpg

Everytime I turned around they were all taking photos. I had to constantly wait till everyone caught up.

IMG_4581.jpg

Once again, we didn't get a chance to ride the boats. I am sure the ladies won't fall for my promises of "later, later" next time:

DSC_8921.jpg

The youngest member of the crew decided to ham it up for the locals.... And man did they fall for it... hook, line and sinker.... As such, we didn't get thru 1/4 of the old town before it was time for them to head back downtown.

IMG_4748.jpg

Even though it was a cold day. It was nice to have some visitors out here. It is on the outskirts of Shanghai, but still a bit of a haul. If any other sufu'ers are in Shanghai, let us know. We got the hook up for fresh chicken and "zhongzi".

busy day today...went to the mill district and Guthrie theater to take some pictures with the little one...

The old mill here exploded, and they turned it into a museum...

4147597723_f053b95a0c.jpg

sitting down by the river

4148356202_7df18bbe70.jpg

Grain stacks

4148358694_93b5710e43.jpg

4148358206_77c63203e8.jpg

She had a good time playing on the boardwalk that used to be inside of the mill train station...

4148354780_ed2a06ed3b.jpg

The modern Guthrie theater is next to the mill museum

4147599939_43d7fc11d8.jpg

4147601983_31af142ac2.jpg

4148361648_7603312018.jpg

4148363986_d7f9214103.jpg

4148366292_26c33677e6.jpg

Great day in the city...

Shangers, love the pics from China!

Fantastic photos, Shangers and -Z- (your daughter is ridiculously cute)!

Farmer, is that a GLI you're driving?

EDIT: R32s are amazing cars. Very nice.

Great stuff -Z-, Farmer & Shangers!

day in the life of my jeans....

Part 1...

Stayed up late last night with out-of-town visiting friends.... 6AM came early...

Time to feed the boys:

chowtime.jpg

Then it was breakfast for the family - and a quiet moment with a mocha: expresso & choclate milk..Mmmm!

mochaccino.jpg

Now my favorite part of the day: time to hop on the bike & take our daughter to school. If the weather is nice, she is on her trailer bike. If it's miserable, she stays comfy inside the child trailer.

ontheway.jpg

Much of our route is on a paved trail, avoiding streets. The city is criss-crossed with quite a large network of trails. If we leave early enough, we can stop and take in the scenery.

byriver.jpg

It's an amazing way to start the day...

thetrail.jpg

Sure beats sitting in the middle of this:

traffici.jpg

One of the highway overpasses. Our daughter is convinced there is a troll under this bridge.... So we keep our eyes peeled and bomb through as quickly as we can!

trollbridge.jpg

But the woodland creatures are her friends! From earlier in the year:

deer1.jpg

deer2.jpg

Today another deer bounded by us - too quick for my point-and-shoot....

On one of the many wooden bridges we cross. We carry bread crumbs for the ducks, but they weren't around this morning...

onbridge.jpg

part 2....

Back home, and time to take the pups out for a walk.

Then most of the day was spent on conference calls and doing emails.

I had to run a bunch of errands, and have a quick, informal meeting with a client. I made one sartorial concession.... :)

nstboot1.jpg

This stuff is like crack:

nstboot2.jpg

The day went by quickly! I found some nice ducks at the grocery store, on my way home... Dinner was roasted duck and vegetables.

The cooking area:

cooking2.jpg

The bird:

roastduck.jpg

Over the weekend I had time to poach some pears, and today, they were ready to be removed from the liquid, to be wrapped in their pate brise shell... And voila! (with freshly made raspberry coulis)

poachedpears.jpg

(This was our belated anniversary dinner!)

Is it R&R time yet? Wait! What's that I see over there? Oh oh. Time to clean up....

gerbiemess.jpg

Gerbie the gerbil is a shredding maniac! She can go through an empty paper towel roll in about 5 minutes flat. When she's got nothing to shred, she expresses her displeasure by shoving everything out of her cages... Yep, she's got two cages, and a "county club", all joined together by tubes...

This is what happens when your child convinces you to get a $10 gerbil, and you then find out it comes with $300 worth of "accessories"! :P

Now to help with homework, bath and reading a bedtime story. Planning to spend the rest of the evening browsing through this:

fsat.jpg

G'night! :)

nightcap...photo editing, rocking out to some great tunes, and wine drinking.

The best cheap Cab i've ever found for drinking in large quantities while digging into a new record, editing photos, or writing...

4148848371_d1c9e95acb.jpg

4149613770_67fd68608d.jpg

the essential iMac

vintage football practice jersey

501's

slippers!

Night!