DüM

video games ruined my life

Games I've played recently (and enjoyed): 

Firewatch 

Life is Strange 

Stardew Valley 

XCOM 2 

I was thinking yesterday how much I liked Life is Strange.

Something finally clicked for me with Dark Souls II and I've become completely addicted in the past few weeks. After this I'm going to play Bloodborne and DSIII.

anyone still play cs:source? i've relapsed into full on addiction...

I was thinking yesterday how much I liked Life is Strange.

Something finally clicked for me with Dark Souls II and I've become completely addicted in the past few weeks. After this I'm going to play Bloodborne and DSIII.

I'm assuming you're playing Scholar of the First Sin? I really liked Dark Souls 2 too tbh and am fairly excited for DS3

I think I may be the only one who hates Dark Souls 1. Game is a piece of shit IMO, UI is clunky, hate how you have to walk everywhere, upgrade system is convoluted, bosses are easy, level design is frustrating. Could be because I played the games in order of Bloodborne > Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls 1, but the order I played them in is the order I'd rate them in with Bloodborne being the most enjoyable. 

Looking forward to Dark Souls 3, but I hope that it takes more cues from Bloodborne and DS2 than DS1. Looks like it will draw from all 3 which has me a little worried personally but I pre-ordered nonetheless.

Yes I'm playing scholar of the first sin on ps4. That reminds me, anyone else make the jump to 4K tv yet? Ps4 looks really good on it, and basic 5.1 sound bar has made a noticeable improvement too.

started my ps4 after like a month to play division, realized that two friends (both having just ps3) are not enough for this.

add gamertag: aarghdanii

thx

Edited by danii

started my ps4 after like a month to play division, realized that two friends (both having just ps3) are not enough for this.

thx

adding you, anyone can add me as well: alexei_vronsky

currently jp time, but will be relocating to san diego soon

i just finished mgs3 (and about to order mgs4) - i know i'm over 10 years late, but why is this so adored? i mean, it was great, but pales in comparison to the previous iterations. worst shooting controls (especially in first person) ever.

mgs1 > mgs2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mgs3.

Edited by conqueror

yeah mgs3 is one of the weaker ones in the series for me also. mgs4 is a difficult one to rate because it's not a Good Game but i still love it. it does so many things no other game has ever tried.

did you play the regular top-down view version of mgs3 or the one with the shoulder camera? it's much more enjoyable that way I think.

for me, mgs2 >>> mgs1 > mgs4 >>> mgs3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mgs5

I never clicked with mgs3 right from the off while everyone was loving it, especially the sniper battle. 

i still haven't played mgsv past the prologue, and the more i wait the more its stock seems to deplete. opinions not so lavish in their praise anymore.

the series has been soured for me. 1>2 .

Edited by Magsåvningsreserven

adding you, anyone can add me as well: alexei_vronsky

currently jp time, but will be relocating to san diego soon

thx

Eye_Lids (i play on PC)

yeah mgs3 is one of the weaker ones in the series for me also. mgs4 is a difficult one to rate because it's not a Good Game but i still love it. it does so many things no other game has ever tried.

did you play the regular top-down view version of mgs3 or the one with the shoulder camera? it's much more enjoyable that way I think.

for me, mgs2 >>> mgs1 > mgs4 >>> mgs3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mgs5

i played the ps3 remastered version or whatever, so it had the shoulder camera.

no cigarettes in 3? literally unplayable

lol @ 44 seconds that sounds to me like the scout in cstrike

I managed to win a preorder of Dark Souls 3 today, pretty psyched for it.

Also my PSN name if anyone wants to add me: br0ark_ 

Got such a passion for the Metal Gear Franchise. MGS2 was hated (mostly because of Raiden and the crazy ending) but I loved it. I European Extremed that shit. I love how the timeline jumps around between each iteration too. I still really enjoy MGSV, I left it for a few months and came back to it and I'm gonna try getting my 72% completion up a little now it's kinda fresh again. Could never get into the FOB shit though.

i need a new computer. can run street fighter IV and dark souls 2 flawlessly, but don't even meet minimum requirements for dark souls 3 and street fighter V.

nah. consoles are too expensive these days. haven't owned one since the dreamcast. would rather spend that money on something non-proprietary and that can be upgraded.

Read through the history and haven't seen starcraft mentioned in years, are there are any surviving starcraft fans here who follow the pro scene?

last game i enjoyed playing was The Last Of Us , need a good story to keep me invested  

Starcraft is one of my favorites but I haven't played since the original and def haven't followed any competitive players :)

I used to watch the Starcraft championship streams all the time, but haven't for a couple of years. I never really got that into playing though (mostly because I stink at it). 

I bought Until Dawn recently and am really enjoying it. It's like it's a mashup between Heavy Rain and Cabin in the Woods. I love all the Telltale/Quantic Dream interactive games, so admittedly I'm an easy sell. 

I'm gonna pick that up at some point to play with my wife. Sleeping on some stuff right now, going to have a nice little backlog soon.