video games ruined my life

DüM

fuck yea it is. it's like digital foosball but so much more fun. it's fun even when you're shitty, but the skill ceiling is huge so there's tons of room to improve and slowly turn into a badass.

i'm still in the shit tier in ranked because i haven't played many ranked games, but it feels good to carry teams and be the mvp.

Edited by Rob060

XboxOne and Samsung 40" TV for $500.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-40-class-40-diag--led-1080p-smart-hdtv-black/6422016.p?id=1219661888984&skuId=6422016

TV is $400 alone and xbone is $350 so yORO

• 2 weeks later...

Recently finished Borderlands 1 and 2:Game of the Year edition. It was alright, can't say I loved it. Not a fan of how much the game play centers around weapon loot and not your own class skills.

Now I'm looking forward to Dishonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and Starcraft2:Legacy of the Void, whenever development for that is complete. 

• 2 weeks later...

reviews say it looks very good on ps3. I would not buy a ps4 just for MGS5. I made the mistake of buying one for Destiny, and now my PS4 has been a sitting brick for months. All of the huge triple A titles have been a flop for me, with the exception of Bloodborne and Witcher. Battlefront:Star Wars, Persona 5, and the new FF's look promising though. 

Just get it. I thought I was gonna sleep on it, too. Yesterday, I even passed by the electronics area wanting to get some groceries only to just say, "fuck it", turned around and kopped the game. No regrets. At all.

They need to hurry up with fixing their servers, though. I don't really know what Metal Gear Online is but I'm itching to play it.

Did kop, holy shit, it's good. Graphics are great on ps4. I ended up playing most of the day and my wife ended up hanging out watching me, telling me where to go, making me get D-Dog, etc.

I thought I nailed the first few mission but only managed a C rank. Will definitely be spending some time with this game.

Guys am I crazy or is phantom pain not fun... ?

I guess I'm just used to mgs4 since that's the only metal gear game I played... with 5 I feel like it's impossible to take anybody out without alerting everyone, I miss the stun knife and all that stuff :/

Guess they're going back to their roots and making it really meant to be played in a stealthy way?

Are you marking people? It's been a blast for me. If things devolve just change tactics. Evade, hide, etc. the systems all work together brilliantly, I've found the response of the guards to be pretty fair most of the time.

What mission are you on. I found red dot sight helped immensely. Certain missions are challenging too, like the honey bee.

See the thing is I have no clue what mission I'm on or what I'm supposed to be doing tbh.. I think my problem is I'm too used to/like game that have a clear direction they're heading, with cut scenes and things youre supposed to do and stuff... I'm getting bored for I think the same reason Assassin's Creed bored me...gameplay is good but it feels kinda repetitive and like what I'm doing doesn't have any tangible effect on the game

I loved the long cutscenes in MGS4 since I felt like I was really playing into a story... I've rarely had a new "good" game where I don't care enough to play longer than an hour

I'm not feelin Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Ever since I played Dishonored, no first person stealth game has felt the same. I think I just really suck at this. 

Everyone loved Dishonored but I wasn't feeling it.

I really love the Deus Ex franchise and world (and costume design, esp with Errolson involved).. but Square Enix has been doing some gross marketing stuff with the game and I just feel myself not being able to be excited about it anymore.

On a completely different note, I have been playing the fuck out of MGSV: TPP. Love it.

Old games were the best games.

I don't feel any connection to games nowadays. 

MMORPGs are fun because at least I am interacting with other players. 

Have you played the new smash? its super fun and I don't like most new games either tbh

Do you guys listen to all the casette tapes? I know they're integral to the story but somehow like 35 have built up and I havent listened to anything hahah

Melee will forever be #1, I can't believe it came out 14 years ago.

RE4 still my fav though, got it for gamecube, wii, and ps3 just recently