video games ruined my life

DüM

I feel like Dark Souls 2 is a step down in a lot of aspects (copy-paste humanoid bosses, melee enemies with insane tracking, added more enemies to fight at once for the sake of being more difficult, unbalanced pvp, lolwut ending) but I keep playing it to collect everything. Fuck these guys especially

Dark-souls-fire-lizards.jpg

Hopefully Beast Souls or whatever can capture the magic that playing Demon's Souls for the first time had for me. I miss the music and atmosphere of DeS.

Yeah I'm about 25 hours into dark souls 2 and it seems to be lacking soul (pun intended) that the first is said to have. I think some of that was lost in translation with the new team. 

So how is it? Worth buying?

I guess if you want another sandbox to dick around in... based on the streams I've watched it's nowhere near as next-gen as it's made out to be. Terrible physics compared to GTAV, hacking seems like a gimmicky mechanic, alright graphics not great, minigames looked pretty fun though. I'd personally just wait til the price drops if I ever bother buying it. Probably not a good idea to get it for PS3/360 either if you can help it, since PS4/X1 are the lead platforms I'm assuming

TWD season 2 ep 3 spoilers, lol

Edited by wrong_move

anyone on hearthstone? ive been trying the "don't pay to win" strategy, with mixed results so far.

takes a lot of arena grinding to get the cards u want but it can be done

couple of days left in the season, was top 3 na :(

Edited by aetherbeast

Picking up Watch Dogs today. Slightly disappointed by the reviews but it seems Ubisoft games are always really good but seldom amazing. There are always a few questionable decisions that bring the overall experience down a bit.

2014 has been one of the worst years in gaming I can remember, while 2013 was one of the best. Thank god for games like Child of Light and other indie titles or I would not even turn my PS4 on.

i played like an hour and a bit of watch dogs last night because i couldn't rent a copy of wolfenstein so i got it instead. it's ok, seems kinda... lacklustre, driving isn't nearly as tight as gtav and i haven't found anything that's truly stuck out to me yet. i'll give it some more time though

walking dead episode 3 is rough as fuck. that's the best game around right now for sure.

i played like an hour and a bit of watch dogs last night because i couldn't rent a copy of wolfenstein so i got it instead. it's ok, seems kinda... lacklustre, driving isn't nearly as tight as gtav and i haven't found anything that's truly stuck out to me yet. i'll give it some more time though

walking dead episode 3 is rough as fuck. that's the best game around right now for sure.

The driving in watch dogs is abysmal. I stand by what I said the other day that Ubisoft always misses on just a few points that drag the overall experience down.

tl;dr ubishit still sucks, watchdogs is a huge pass from me. Went back to playing planetside 2: game of the year, all years. Seriously if you have a good PC and like FPS games nothing even comes close right now. Such a great experience rolling 40 deep into a base with like 200+ people fighting, air bombardment, tanks all firing at the same time. The ability for SOE to give such a responsive experience with true MMO scale is astonishing.

tl;dr ubishit still sucks, watchdogs is a huge pass from me. Went back to playing planetside 2: game of the year, all years. Seriously if you have a good PC and like FPS games nothing even comes close right now. Such a great experience rolling 40 deep into a base with like 200+ people fighting, air bombardment, tanks all firing at the same time. The ability for SOE to give such a responsive experience with true MMO scale is astonishing.

yeah fuck Watch Dogs, Battlefield: Hardline is looking fun, just hope they don't fuck it up again.

Just finished Mirror's Edge on the PC, forgot there were no steam achievements so I just went through all the effort of a no-kill run for little reason.

witcher 3 looks too good to be true tbh

The same thing was said about Witcher 2 when it was previewed. If anybody can pull it off, it's CDPR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVdkA7f-bTs

The full English patch for FF Type-0 is out!! Go get it:

'>http://www.skybladecloud.net/projects/final-fantasy-type-0-psp-english-translation/

:DB) Edited by wrong_move

so project beast was bloodborne?  I was hoping for a new souls game but they didn't show the soul door from the leaked footage so now idk what the game is all about

so project beast was bloodborne?  I was hoping for a new souls game but they didn't show the soul door from the leaked footage so now idk what the game is all about

yes. it will probably use similar animations/combat mechanics as the Souls series so the game seems like just a new coat of paint (which ain't a bad thing since the creator of DeS/DaS is involved)

Vhsw4pu.jpg

2 days after the fan translation comes out LOL

forreal though Type-0 is what FF13 should have been. the setting is a mix of 8 and 12, with Kingdom Hearts and Crisis Core style fast paced combat. 15 looks like it'll use a similar system

Yeah. At E3 today though, they had a gameplay presentation in this theater, but the line was too long. I'll check it out tomorrow and report back.