video games ruined my life

DüM

^^ Bring us back some knowledge.

i tried it out, made a few characters. the graphics are decent for an MMO, though it's still clearly a beta that isn't ready for retail. naturally, they've got the star wars vibe down pat.

that said, it is brutally cookie-cutter MMO gameplay. new character? go endure the trial of attacking some creature. thanks, now go gather 5 things for me, and kill 10 creatures while you're at it. don't forget to visit that guy over there who will teach you some new skills every X levels.

i mean... if you want to waste your time on an MMO and you're into star wars, i guess this is the MMO to get into.

The only real MMO I am looking forward too

I was invited to the Star Wars beta over the weekend but my PC is busted and can't run anything. Chances are I will play for a few hours over my friends house after the game is released to see if I am feeling it at all.

^^interesting, with the wii u coming out, i'd expect sony and microsoft to be on it. i remember reading way back when the ps3 came out, that the 360/ps3 would be on the market for at least 7-8 years before the next generation would be out. It's already been 6 for microsoft, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a new console from them.

^^ Bring us back some knowledge.

i was only able to log a few hours of game time during the swtor beta test weekend. played as a sith warrior up until i got the lightsaber. i found the imperial agent a little bit more interesting to play with the guns and cover system. combat is pretty standard as far as mmorpgs go. the conversations and voice acting are top notch and infinitely better than clicking through giant walls of text. you can skip to the choices like in mass effect/dragon age. i'm going republic when the game launches and roll a trooper on a pvp server. i think there's a planet with open world pvp, where both factions end up around the mid-teens level-wise. anyone looking to beta test can go to http://www.swtor.com...icle/20111111-0 for a bunch of links to sites giving out weekend keys.

also, this game owns on an ssd. loading times were minimal to non-existent.

Edited by daphneYOUfindME

other than the planet there is regular PVP too I believe. I am still apprehensive about all the cutscenes, it seems more of a bother especially while watching videos.

Hopefully I get a chance to try out and play before it is released.

what are you builds like, dudes?

i think i'm spreading my skills/perks out too thin, i mainly use one-handed weapon + destruction/conjuration. Actually what's the level cap on this? perk cap maybe?

not gonna play it tomorrow, od'd on it today fml

spent half an hour+ with a shield and restoration levelling up armour and shield, easy levels up there if you guys want to try.

+

glad I didn't buy sonic generations (for £20 at least) — it's really good for a modern sonic game though

Edited by Magnetic

what are you builds like, dudes? i think i'm spreading my skills/perks out too thin, i mainly use one-handed weapon + destruction/conjuration. Actually what's the level cap on this? perk cap maybe? not gonna play it tomorrow, od'd on it today fml spent half an hour+ with a shield and restoration levelling up armour and shield, easy levels up there if you guys want to try. + glad I didn't buy sonic generations (for £20 at least) — it's really good for a modern sonic game though

If you level every skill up to 100 then you get about 80 perks/levels. I've been playing a sneak thief/archer mainly but now I'm trying to level up my magic a bit as I hit level 50 and apparently you start to level slower after that.

what are you builds like, dudes? i think i'm spreading my skills/perks out too thin, i mainly use one-handed weapon + destruction/conjuration. Actually what's the level cap on this? perk cap maybe? not gonna play it tomorrow, od'd on it today fml spent half an hour+ with a shield and restoration levelling up armour and shield, easy levels up there if you guys want to try. + glad I didn't buy sonic generations (for £20 at least) — it's really good for a modern sonic game though

destruction/conjuration mage here too. saving perks for dat atronach branch. got bored with my sword/shield character so i restarted a few days ago. kinda bummed that offensive magic isn't as powerful as melee at later levels and i get iced in 2 hits by bosses but the combat is a lot more satisfying imo so i'll stick with it.

^very, very cool

I played through saints row: the third over the past few days, with cheats on to hasten my time with it. the whole idea that you're free to do whatever you want is bullshit and the customisation options are a joke. the game is plagued by dev laziness, making you do really stupid stuff to prolong your suffering.

nursery gta

^very, very cool

I played through saints row: the third over the past few days, with cheats on to hasten my time with it. the whole idea that you're free to do whatever you want is bullshit and the customisation options are a joke. the game is plagued by dev laziness, making you do really stupid stuff to prolong your suffering.

nursery gta

was never a big fan of saints row, good to know this one isn't spectacular either.

played the demo for PES 2012 for PC. so disappoint. 2010 was the last good year. the new passing system feels so awkward and the fucking graphics are so fuzzy because it's just an xbox 360 port and designed to be viewed on a big screen like 10 feet away. there's seriously this thick layer of fuzz on everything. i know it's been a console port for years, but this is the worst.

anyone else play PES for PC? i play 2010 and i've always had trouble controlling the spin on the ball when taking shots in open play. never been able to really do it consistently, don't really know the trick to it. on set pieces i have no problem though.

Edited by Rob060