video games ruined my life

DüM

Yeah, it's definitely slower than MW2. Idk what it is, but I feel like it's almost "glitchy" too, like the framerate is low and it's not so smooth.

And I think there's a glitch: Anyone else have me down for 15K+ kills on the boards already? Marathon days on MW2 with overpowered killstreaks would only get me 3-4K kills.

Grateful for team brobocop. I couldn't get a decent score to save my life before you guys hopped on.

Heres how my launch day went :o

Went to gamestop around 10:30 and there was already decent amount of people, no line yet because they were running a mw2 ffa tournament right outside which I thought was pretty cool.

The bracket was huge and I think the champion received a copy of the Prestige Edition.

They had pizza, soda, and a funny looking xbox 360 shaped cake.

Now about the game...

-- I think its pretty okay so far.

-- The graphics [meh] seem like one half step down from MW2 (edges are too jagged, needs more anti-aliasing!).

-- The framerate does seem jittery.

-- I too enjoy the fact that there is no juggernaut/painkiller and especially commando, I feel it made the game somewhat balanced.

-- Maps seem bigger than MW2, also theres a lot more stairs/elevation changes.

-- Haven't tried the other killstreaks yet, but I was hearing someone lastnight on the mic having a ball with the RC

-- I like the little hop you do when you sprint -> prone

-- OH and the money making, I like that.

tl;dr overall its pretty good, need to play more of it. GOGOABROBOCOP

nV01n03Sk7A

yeah I saw those kills, Solix, and I was thinking you must've not slept for awhile.

So far I'm not a fan of the graphics and I can't judge the maps until I get used to them.

The spawns are absolutely terrible though. In the few hours I played last night I can't tell you how many times I got into their spawn only to have 5 dudes spawn around me and shoot me immediately. And Nuketown is the worst obviously. It's as if the spawns are completely static.

the lobby system is horrible so far. I've frozen about 5 times and I make it into about a third of the games I try to join.

the feel of the multiplayer is mehhhh. I'm not having much fun with it yet to be honest. hate the slowness too. I'm at 10 sensitivity and it's still annoying

yea it seems a bit messed up. I was playing with a few friends and half the time everything worked fine, half the time our party was broken up, some or all were disconnected, couldn't join/create games etc.

also noticed that "leave with party" function doesn't seem to work, seems like there is no way to leave a game with your party so you need to reinvite everyone if changing game types etc?

I'm a bit on the fence on whether or not its as much fun as mw2. it seems more balanced, but on the other hand its missing the speed and this sort of rush that mw2 has.. I guess time will tell.

bigger maps + "slower" than mw2? wtf guys, thats what i loved about mw2, running around with marathon and a tact knife.

amazon better hurry up with my copy, need to brobrocop asap.

ok FAMAS is beast and in having fun with it. knife lunge still pisses me off

one thing that's sticking out to me is that it feels like teams are a lot more important in this game. it seems a lot more difficult here to dominate by yourself in this game compared to MW2. I find myself avoiding running out in front of three dudes where in MW2 I could probably make it out of that.

Pros

- The maps are far and away, much better thought out than MW2, i like skidrow and karachi as much as the next man but those are 2 prime examples of unbalanced maps in mw2

-Sniping requires skill, no more quickscoping, montage making 6th graders gettin busy

- The challenge system seems more practical, some of the mw2 challenges were plain ridiculous

- the removal of commando pro and danger close has essentially crippled a large precentage of scrubs

- marathon+sleight of hand, that's a pro all by itself

- killstreak campin has been eliminated

- handguns are handguns, no more getting erradicated by that damn magnum

- no tac knife or aa12

Cons

- The ultra customization options take away from the easy access MW2 allowed

- the knifing mechanics are horrid, knifing someone puts you at a disadvantage even if you're successful

- the party/lobby system seems bad but that could just be a case of ironing out the early kinks

- grenade trajectory could use some work

That's all i got right now

with the new COD out ladies be prepared to play your roles

meaning

* keep chips and drinks refilled at all times

* dont expect attention

* dont bitch about not gettin attention

* dont attempt conversation

* NEVER TOUCH THE CONTROLLER OR ASK HIM TO TEACH YOU HOW TO PLAY

* dont take anything he says personal i.e. “FUCKING NOOB, DIE, WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY CAMPING,” ect

* just because he states he hates the game doesnt mean hes gonna stop

* keep a vibrator/your hand in reach because they will choose COD over sex 99.9% of the time

remember: you are no longer their #1 priority

Got Black Ops a day early (thanks Amazon).

It exceeds my expectations for a Treyarch game. Though those expectations were the equivalent of finding fingering my anus with a nailbat as being fun, so anything better than that meant that BO would be good to me.

The game is fun. Not as fun as MW2 though. It lacks the zing and fun that MW2 had.

I'm shitting on everybody I come across still.

- Game looks worse, owing to the fact that they went back to the CoD4/WaW engine instead of the IW4.0 engine with MW2.

- Sound effects are much worse. You can't hear anything in the background, the guns sound like paintball guns.

- Maps blow balls imo.

- Menus are way too complex. Too much faffing about to do something that would have taken half a second in MW2.

- The Stoner63 is amazing. It dicks on everybody at every range.

- The Chopper Gunner fucking rocks as well.

- I'm still dropshotting like nobody's business.

PS3 posse rolls pretty deep. ;)

I unlocked the Stoner based on his response too. It's alright.. Works well with burst fire though. It's shoots like an AR (overall dmg, recoil wise) with the weight of an LMG.

I think that the AK47 is still my favorite gun that I've used thus far. Really wanna try the CAR-15 Commando. I think it'll be a winner.

And FUCK knifing. I swear, I always get shitty whiffing swipes while everyone gets a commando-esque lunge. It's bullshit.

right now I'm FAMAS or AK74u

I miss stopping power :( it takes so many shots to take people out. I tried sniping for a bit and I kinda like the Dragunov. I was scared the snipers would be weak but I was putting most dudes down in one shot.

Just put in about 5 hours of multiplayer. Pretty fun, but it seems a lot easier to me than MW2 did. Maybe it's just the experience of having played so many CoD games. Who knows. That and I keep getting stuck with moronic teammates who don't know how to plant/defuse when playing Demo. I need the brobocop posse for some real games.

Its kinda lame they did not use the new MW2 engine as tab mentioned... That said, they really did a lot of amazing work with such a old set up. I cant imagine what they could have done if they got the new goods though.

Cant wait to unlock HC and be done with this normal mode shit.