video games ruined my life

DüM

Just played my first two matches of TDM Hardcore with Astrowolf... first match I joined more than halfway through and we were on the same team and I promptly got my ass kicked. Second match we were on different teams and I went 12k/9d maybe?

I only played Hardcore way on World at War waaaaaayyy after I got bored with the normal mutliplayer, and I cant really see myself getting into that mode so much.

I also started using the TAR and I think I prefer it to the SCAR even because of the larger clip and faster fire rate.

FUCCCCK. I was going for a nuke and a nigga just got his chopper gunner with 0 deaths. End up leaving the chop with 23 kills and just need two more kill. I check the game score and I see one death. My peeps I was playing with told me I just killed myself.

kills in choppers and such don't count toward your killstreak rewards

yup, if its from a package it doesn't count.

what he said.

the random box does not count, but if its a called in attack like the helo or the gunner your gold... i heard there is a glitch right now that pavelow does not count towards the nuke, that will be fixed in the patch, whenever that gets here...

idk if thats a glitch so much as its just lighter than everything else... the lighter the gun you carry, the faster you run...

but thanks for the tip ill try it out.

I really need to unlock the tactical knife attachment for a pistol so i can get a quick second stab in if i miss the first which has often been the case :(

So I finished campaign. One sitting.

Shit was rivetting the whole way through.

Tried getting the 30 sec run through the course achievement.

Missed it by .30 secs like 5 times.

Gave up.

Bullshiiiiii so hard.

Tips: 2 pistols (M9 and G38 seemed to work best), sprint the whole time, try to get two birds/one stone and "aim down your sights, private!".

Anyone just play pretty much for the titles and emblems?

I just got "friends with benefits" and the Infinity wards emblem today.

haha iv been trying to get that title, but i keep over throwing or my team mate can't stand still :(

I might play again tonight but all my games today have been horrible. won a bunch of sabotage thanks to royale, semaj, and raulishere but my k/d today was terrrrible fuck

and when we win we all go "HAA HA" to the other team LOL!

also that horn when someone gets a javelin kill is funny as fuck, was that you royale?

so, evidently, i am a idiot.

for a long time i have had huge lag problems with my box, since i got it more or less... so i googled how to make your game quicker, and found this...

Networking:

1) Assign your 360 a static IP if applicable. This isn't really a must do as it won't necessarily improve performance in itself, but there's really no reason to use DHCP for a device that will be physically in the same spot & connected to the internet frequently. Plus, this will make step 3 much easier.

This is done via the 360's network configuration screen. You can find all the requested info in that screen by hopping onto your computer connected to your router, open the Command Prompt, & entering ipconfig /all.

2) Enable UPnP if your router/switch supports it. This will help achieve an 'Open NAT' & improve your ping & connectivity. Sometimes this alone is good enough, but if you don't have this option, or if this alone doesn't help, you should also...

3) Enable port forwarding to your 360. Google 'Xbox Live port forwarding' to find the specific ports Xbox Live uses, then enter this data & your 360's IP address into the appropriate fields in your router's configuration screen. This ensures your 360 has unhindered communication with your router & the internet.

Enabling UPnP for me wasn't enough, I had to do 2 & 3 to finally get an open NAT & noticed my ping was basically cut in half afterward. That said, UPnP can probably be disabled if you use port forwarding, since effectively UPnP does the same thing, the difference being it opens ports on-the-fly upon application/hardware request, rather than having those ports statically enabled.

This is all relatively basic or common knowledge & easily researched; if you don't understand something, Google it or check your router's help documentatoin. I'm only posting it because I recently had to reconfigure basically my entire home network & figured this may help anyone go thru the same process if it's their first time.

i tried the static IP part, but it fucked with my compters connection, so i just switched it back to auto... but setting up my router with the UPnP settings this dude suggested turned my ALWAYS 2 bar yellow connection to 4 Green right away.

At the main menu of the MP screen, under all the options, there is a area that tells you about your NAT settings... mine said that my NAT settings were STRICT... now it says UNLIMTED or something... so if it says STRICT, perhaps there is some stuff you can do to get a better connection...

i am sorry if this is not the most detailed or insightful guide to fixing this for yourself. but if you google it, there is some more info out there... it worked VERY well for me.

EDIT- it made a huge difference in game...