video games ruined my life

DüM

has anybody shared games using the family sharing option on steam? i have amnesia: the dark descent, analogue: a hate story, gone home, hotline miami, a lot of the sid meier's civilizations, and torchlight II. pm if you want to share, highly recommend hotline miami and gone home to anyone, great games!

How is that game now?

I stopped playing after the initial p2p was introduced. Was fun while it lasted

I remember party hats, jewelry and rune items 

It's ok. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. Sure it's different than it used to be, but now with legacy mode option it's more similar to how it used to be (in the sense of RS2), but with more items, skills, quests, etc. Idk I mess around on it a bit. Currently trying to make a completely maxxed out pure. 

I spent way too much of my life playing runescape.  But god damn did my friends and I have some great times on that game.  

Back in jr high my best friend at the time was a player mod on runescape.  He was quitting the game for good so my other friend and I watched him go next to the varrok west bank on world 1 (where all the high level trades were made) and mute everyone there.  We got such a kick out of watching the huge area of buying/selling macros dwindle to a few confused players wondering why the bank was so quiet all of a sudden.  

I also had a bad habit of making a ton of "pure" accounts instead of just leveling up everything on a main.  at one point I had a 1def 40atk 62str for pking, a 1def 1atk 1str 42mag 50range for lower-level pking, and a ~70 mining 54 smithing pure for god knows what reason.  getting up to 54 smithing was stupid difficult and i never even managed to make decent money off of that account.

In other news, I'm eagerly awaiting any new gameplay trailers for bloodborne. 

Edited by Schoon

All I remember when playing runescape (probably around 2001 or some crazy shit) was getting scammed hardcore. I played for a couple hours on 56k with a buddy, ran across some guy who said he would upgrade our gear if we gave it to him. He did a quick demo to show he wasnt ripping us off (or so I thought). After that, I gave him all my armor and weapons, and he fucking walked off hahahaha. That was one of my first forays into online gaming, surprised I stuck to it. 

All I remember when playing runescape (probably around 2001 or some crazy shit) was getting scammed hardcore. I played for a couple hours on 56k with a buddy, ran across some guy who said he would upgrade our gear if we gave it to him. He did a quick demo to show he wasnt ripping us off (or so I thought). After that, I gave him all my armor and weapons, and he fucking walked off hahahaha. That was one of my first forays into online gaming, surprised I stuck to it. 

hahaha the "I'll trim your armor for free" scam was the oldest trick in the book

i cant even unlock that foo!

im still using the commando. 

the jellyfishes are jst a bitch to kill. when thers a bunch of them plus some groundlings im instantly fucked. if jellyfishes arent in the game, i just chill in the ladder.

Edited by mr.invincible

yeah I've spent a lot of time riding it out on a ladder with that one power up that spawns ghosts of every enemy onscreen. it's really useful when shit gets hectic.

I think you get him by repairing so many drones.. 45 iirc. he was one of my first unlocks.

game becomes pretty addictive- I think I've got about 40hrs logged.

im not a fanboy and try to stay impartial during all console wars. PS4 has better hardware and more planned exclusives. Most of the xbone exclusives suck, sunset overdrive looks like butt and there isnt much on the horizon. tbh the only thing holding me back from ps4 is that this generation of consoles is generally underwhelming. I really wish they updated the controller is well, the xbox controller is actually ergonomic and comfortable, the ps controller is still shit. Going to wait until more games are out to pick up a console, if at all. If I were to go with a console now though ps4 hands down.

Edited by Fycus