video games ruined my life

DüM

Man, I haven't really played games consistently in awhile now but I almost want a Wii U just for Super Smash and Mario Kart.

Too much nostalgia.  But I know a PS4 would most likely be a better investment down the road if I did want a new console.

Honestly, my next console is probably gonna be a Wii U. Nintendo just made it too appealing this E3. 

Bloodborne looked awesome. The version I saw was super early with terrible framerate but still managed to look, graphically speaking, incredible. My favorite graphical effect is that when you kill something, you get sprayed with blood that realistically drips down your character and reflects light. The game itself looks like it is set in the 1600s, and seems slightly more scripted than Demon's Souls or Dark Souls. For example, there was one sequence where a group of infected zombie/villagers were burning a monster, and then you had to avoid them as they walked away. Felt almost Uncharted-esque. Of course, you had the option of just running in and taking on a dozen guys, but that would basically be suicide. The game itself is, according to the devs, very, very hard, with more of a focus on offense than the Souls series. The example they gave is that instead of blocking, you dodge. The game is supposed to come out the first half of 2015. 

^ A lot of people are saying that "next-gen " don't even happen till 2015

But I agree with your statement regarding Nintendo bringing in really good news this E3... Wii U looking more promising

Downloading that Destiny beta now. What I like about Destiny is that it really has a kind of Borderlands concept to it. I mean, that's how I saw it from one of the recent gameplay videos.

However, I hope I'm not the only one burned out from the hype generated from this game.

Advanced Warfare looks...great from what I can tell. I'd probably end up still playing Battlefield 4; sleeping on this new CoD like with Ghosts

got hooked on Ace Attorney series recently. started AA last month and now I'm on the 2nd Miles Edgeworth game (which got an English patch a few days ago). thinking of getting a 3DS just to play Dual Destinies and the Professor Layton x Phoenix Wright game coming out....

Ended up trading in Watch Dogs for Rayman, didn't beat it but was really underwhelmed by the bits I did play. Was ultimately just not a fun game for me.

Got BioShock Infinite in the sale today, already beat it in 2012 but might play through again (on mac instead of ps3 this time).

Edited by xchen

• 2 weeks later...

@wrong_move, still enjoying it? it's gotten cack coverage, been wondering if it's worth the full price but people who've played the game seem to be raving about it

Absolutely. I'm about 20 hours in but I don't think I'm even halfway through the game. There's a bit of a learning curve when you start but it really opens up when you figure out how things work. Plus Larian is supposedly going to add a real time combat system as part of the modding tools so who knows what crazy shit modders can come up w ith a few months from now.

1iB0NGy.jpg

Is this for real?

twitch.tv/suushisam/profile

Dang

What's for real? Arab money and other fools have been funding girls to stream video games for a while now. It's the same as that Korean beezy who gets paid to eat a lot.

I don't even play dota but this is nuts

smjhYTU.jpg

Is this for real?

twitch.tv/suushisam/profile

Dang

http://www.twitch.tv/alinity/profile

think that's the hottest girl i've seen on twitch, but i can't stand to watch because of her horrible taste in music, annoying voice/laugh and choice of games. i usually watch people that are good and play the games i play, so i can learn a thing or two. some people, girls and guys, make crazy money off that site. towelliee has like 3k subscribers and he gets ~$3 per sub a month. $100k+ a year to play fucking videogames.

also http://www.twitch.tv/kaceytron is the best troll i've ever seen. she does this satire of the typical attention whore ~*girlgamer*~ and never breaks character and there's literally thousands of people that watch her and don't get it and just rage at her in chat as if she's being serious. it's hilarious.

Edited by Rob060

Also played the Destiny Beta. Probably gonna be my last fps game. Getting tired of this genre

Warlock is the best class in the beta

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...