video games ruined my life

DüM

Oculus Rift is a very strange experience. Friend bought one and Virtual Reality Sickness is a reality. Messes with your head in a very weird way, makes you feel way more aware of your peripherals when you take off the rift. Lots of experiments to mess with your stomach especially. First game I tried was falling down through moving obstacles.

Don't see any competitive applications as of yet. Honestly made Tf2 nearly unplayable as it completely eliminates rocket jumping as an option. I dunno. Intrigued, but definitely not convinced on its application. I suspect it will become another sub-genre of gaming.

^lmao is that all it takes??

+

i'm truly sorry for having enjoyed a game (experience‽‽), especially seeing as it it's also apparently well-liked by those disgusting individuals belonging to the cyber-underclass. feminists and redditors, oh dear. regret and a noose.

" a r t g a m e " looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

embarassing

its okay if you liked it and enjoyed the shitty story and the lame way its told, but yeah there are better alternatives for walking simulators 

still, its not a pretty cool game, and it is targetted to tumblr feminists and redditors.

Edited by hated

I agree, quite embarrassing.

i had a look and it seems i'm lumped with those blasted critics who came to the same conclusion, but it's confusing because they obviously did it for the clicks—how can i validate my preferences now?

oh, maybe i can also try just… saying things? *ahem* this is a good game. oh look! i can. now i just have to learn another language and it would have been a very productive year.

peddlers of misandry and redditors never had it so good

^lmao is that all it takes??

+

i'm truly sorry for having enjoyed a game (experience‽‽), especially seeing as it it's also apparently well-liked by those disgusting individuals belonging to the cyber-underclass. feminists and redditors, oh dear. regret and a noose.

" a r t g a m e " looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

I have no quarrels with feminists, it was the redditor portion that set me over the edge

I agree, quite embarrassing.

i had a look and it seems i'm lumped with those blasted critics who came to the same conclusion, but it's confusing because they obviously did it for the clicks—how can i validate my preferences now?

oh, maybe i can also try just… saying things? *ahem* this is a good game. oh look! i can. now i just have to learn another language and it would have been a very productive year.

peddlers of misandry and redditors never had it so good

I don't know why you keep calling Gone Home a game, it isn't. Last time I checked games had a definitive objective (with a reward) that was furthered with the use of the story and gameplay. Gone Home is an interactive movie, there's no reward from playing it and I hardly had fun playing it either. The story wasn't that enthralling either, and I assure you it wasn't because Sam was a lesbian (it had more to do with her being whiny and obnoxious).

If you had enjoyed the game, then fine different strokes for different folks but don't act like an ass because someones clearly trying to rile you up.   

Edited by canadafaf

PSA don't play gone home, guys

it's about a woman, and a woman, and she's a lesbian = feminist propaganda. /PSA

brought to you by /v and youtube comments

gg hated and fycus, you made me see the light.

I spent four years in the state of washington, I have had enough of whiny lesbians. (10)

But seriously, as other users mentioned the story was "try too hard" in my opinion and i got nothing from the game. I felt and understood some of the emotions going on, but not enough to make me feel at all satisfied by the experience. I just shook my head and asked "thats it?" when it was all done. I'm somewhat tired of games trying to push some agenda or be overly deep. Half the time it just comes off as contrived and forced, trying to seem as if they are ahead of the curve.

Edited by Fycus

So who else played this?

It felt shorter than the previous episodes but still worth a playthrough

bought it during the steam sale

it did kinda feel short to me as well. most likely because there wasn't much talking except towards the end of the episode. i liked how shit gets real pretty much right from the get go, but at the same time T_T. the part where clementine finds the can of beans caught me way off guard lol

Edited by Jokez

i still need to play 400 days first, but did you notice any references to your loaded saves if you did that?

Nothing in the first episode... but the teaser for the next episode hints to what happens after the events in 400 Days converging with Clem's story. That and a character from the first season will be back

bought it during the steam sale

it did kinda feel short to me as well. most likely because there wasn't much talking except towards the end of the episode. i liked how shit gets real pretty much right from the get go, but at the same time T_T. the part where clementine finds the can of beans caught me way off guard lol

lol same here.