video games ruined my life

DüM

Picked up "Volgarr the Viking" on Steam a few days ago. Gotta say it's one of the hardest games I've played in awhile, NES/SNES difficulty style game. Very similar to Super Ghouls and Goblins, just modernized. Definitely reccomend to anyone who loves retro-style platformers.

PC gamer here.  Have been playing counter-strike: global offensive lately.  Hard to readjust to CS after being ruined by modern FPS games.

Nonetheless I will probably be purchasing Battlefield 4, although we will see just how much of an actual sequel it is.  

so i finally got gta v.  i'm terrible at it. i've never played any of the previous ones. infact  i didn't even get a ps3 until last year.  

any tips for gta beginners?  i find the game alittle difficult.  esp precision driving that is necessary.

thanx

so i finally got gta v.  i'm terrible at it. i've never played any of the previous ones. infact  i didn't even get a ps3 until last year.  

any tips for gta beginners?  i find the game alittle difficult.  esp precision driving that is necessary.

thanx

- use cover a lot. it's way too easy to die in this game. and buy armor at ammu-nation before missions

- roll while aiming (square) if you're exposed in a gunfight and use trevor's special when you don't have cover available

- if you haven't already, change the reticle in the options menu  to "complex" if you have trouble aiming with the tiny dot.

- turn on auto-aim if you have to. although i think for this game they changed it so that if the guy you aimed at is dead you have to let go of L2 and then press it again when close to the next target for the auto-aim to kick in

- when driving don't hold R2 all the time especially in a turn, let off the gas and/or brake accordingly. applies even more for muscle cars + big vehicles. spam franklin's ability if you have to as it's easy to fill his special meter. car chases and races have rubber-banding mechanics so you don't have to drive at top speed all the time, it's better to drive clean

- if the cops are chasing you you can get your car repainted at LS Customs and lose them right away as long as they don't see you driving in

- when you switch between characters they automatically regain health, air (when underwater), and get their car repaired aside from the broken windows

- use the "point of interest" markers on the map if you want to keep track of certain locations (press triangle). useful for vehicle locations or doing this:

don't be afraid to use the brakes on a car, GTA's roads have this scripted feeling that you will learn and learn to exploit to get around faster, for instance if you're on a two lane road there will more than likely be a car in the oncoming lane coming at the same time you want to pass in your lane, also buses and cars will randomly run red lights in intersections just to cross your path, look for openings...if you're running from the cops just duck into an alley or under a bridge to hide out.

good lookin out homies.  

yo how do i sex strippers? seems like none of them hoes hungry for the penis just the paper

keep making it rain until the meter fills for a private dance, then if you get that meter up you can take them home and add their number to your phone for anytime sexin'

oh i actually went into the private room, kept getting dances, touchin & flirtin.

filled the meter.  then the game gave me the option to take them home, but they all don't go home with me.  maybe it's cause franklin is black?  what if i use michael, cause he a white dood.

Edited by SSchadenfreude

oh i actually went into the private room, kept getting dances, touchin & flirtin.

filled the meter.  then the game gave me the option to take them home, but they all don't go home with me.  maybe it's cause franklin is black?  what if i use michael, cause he a white dood.

you have to pick them up in your car to take them home, get to the point where they want to go then get in your car and pick em up

agree with the cs point, started playing bf3 again to practice for bf4 and it's so much easier…

I forgot all about the beta which comes out this week (I think tomorrow if you've pre-ordered, the third for everyone else).  Hopefully I can get an idea whether I absolutely need to upgrade my card.

I forgot all about the beta which comes out this week (I think tomorrow if you've pre-ordered, the third for everyone else).  Hopefully I can get an idea whether I absolutely need to upgrade my card.

Played a couple games.  The level design is superior to BF3 and they've made some excellent tweaks to the gameplay.  I am very excited for this game now, especially since even the beta seems to run well on my current video card.  Anyone else gonna try the BF4 beta?