video games ruined my life

DüM

3DS XL worth it right now or should I possibly wait for holiday season? Target's got a $175 promo at the moment.

SMT IV, new Pokemans, new Zelda, Monster Hunter 3, Project X Zone, Soul Hackers immediately come to mind.

For what it's worth, I have a Vita and use it for nothing other than playing Suikoden, Alundra, and Persona 4 Golden. Occasionally Mahvel.

3DS XL worth it right now or should I possibly wait for holiday season? Target's got a $175 promo at the moment.

SMT IV, new Pokemans, new Zelda, Monster Hunter 3, Project X Zone, Soul Hackers immediately come to mind.

For what it's worth, I have a Vita and use it for nothing other than playing Suikoden, Alundra, and Persona 4 Golden. Occasionally Mahvel.

Why not get the regular size 3DS? Is the price difference not that great or do you just prefer a bigger screen?

Also Animal Crossing New Leaf if you're into that sorta thing.

The only downside to the XL in this situation is that it's not exactly portable. However, most of the people I know -- myself included -- never take it out of the house so that may or may not be an issue. I say go for it.

O&S was soo hard until i tried it nekkid then i ripped em upp >:^)

I remember beating them without dying on my first try, killed super smough after running out of estus flasks and dealing babby damage with a spear. It was the most nerve-wracking experience I've had in a while

I'd say it's worth it. There's also a $30 credit if you buy both Fire Emblem (best game for it imo, spent many many hours on it) and SMT IV and register them both before Aug 31st. People on reddit say Project X Zone isn't that great. Monster Hunter is good, and then there's Kid Icarus Uprising. Mario and Luigi: Dream Team just came out too.

I would get the XL since games do look better on the larger screen imo. The XL is also matte compared to the glossy regular 3DS so fingerprints don't show as much. XL also has rounded edges so I guess it's more comfortable to hold. 3DS just got a new black colorway.

Edit: also new ace attorney game coming out near the end of the year, and ace attorney x prof Layton game just got announced for next year, so holiday season got new Pokemon, new Zelda, and new Ace Attorney.

Hope this helps

Edited by Jokez

Yup, looking forward to the new AA and Layton x AA game. One of the main reasons I'm considering the XL now is the Fire Emblem + SMT IV deal and $25 off the XL.

My only thing is I feel like I have no time for portables any more. All I do is play Mahvel.

SMT IV should have been on PS3.

• 2 weeks later...

payday 2 is the most interesting grind fest fps i've played in years

too fun with a full team of friends

had tonnes of fun playing the first one with my friends.  couldn't beat the hardest mode on half of the levels, though. 

i bought payday 2 in a moment of weakness/having extra money in my paypal account/microsoft finally changed points to real money

it's downloading now but i don't usually like games like this but it looks real fun but i don't have any friends on xbox, yoyoeggbo if you're playing on 360 and want to link up

• 3 weeks later...