video games ruined my life

DüM

anyone pick up drakes deception yet?

played campaign for a few hours yesterday and am also really liking the mutiplayer. anyone want to play sometime im djang87

I thought the campaign was alright but I just reached the boat part last night and it seems like it's really picking up from here. Too many random walking sequences before that...

Still gotta finish up Uncharted 2, may have to do that this weekend if I can find time to. Also, fuck the GTA trailer, I did not take a god damn thing away from it. Storyline sounds like it could be interesting, I just honestly prefer the NYC and Miami based iterations more, though San Andreas has an amazing story. Guess we'll just have to see. also I gott buy MW3 too, huh? fuck.

how so? it looks amazing to me...i don't really care about the stories anymore, just the features that GTAIV were lacking, looks like the graphics (character/ped models, cars, environments) are MUCH improved, also they brought back jets and parachutes, NYC is a nice environment but everything tends to look the same, not much variation in scenery

agreed that graphics look great, but for me video games are supposed to be escapism, especially if it is going to be a primarily campaign based game. I love GTA for the stories, and personally I felt like GTA IV had a great storyline. This one looks interesting and sounds good, just the trailer was very anti-climactic despite being beautiful. I honestly just want Bioshock and MW3 to drop already, impatient as fuck.

how far off is a ps4/xbox 720 (?) - at least another 2-3yrs right? unsure whether to save for a new pc next year or just buy a used ps3 or something. the last game i 'properly' played was san andreas before i sold my ps2.

Sony has been firm on saying that the PS3 is a ten-year console. It dropped in 2006, so it's still at only half it's expected life.

Can't chime in on xbox tho.

Sony has been firm on saying that the PS3 is a ten-year console. It dropped in 2006, so it's still at only half it's expected life.

Can't chime in on xbox tho.

I think they were thinking along the lines of the ps2 when they said that. They still supported it for years after they launched the ps3. They'll probably end up releasing a ps40000 within a few years.