video games ruined my life

DüM

can anyone recommend some PC games? the only thing is, my computer is old as shit and the last thing i played was half-life 2 (which ran on medium fine, from memory) which will give you an idea of how 'powerful' it is. i'm after a FPS or RTS game, even if its 10yrs old it doesn't matter - as long as its good.

edit: or even an RPG? i've never played an RPG on PC before.

gothic 2 is one of my all time favourite RPGs. a bit old but still beautiful imo. very challenging but rewarding at the same time. it's very non linear and you can play it at the pace you want to

my laptop can handle HL2 on medium too and i've been playing tf2 a lot recently. on the lowest settings it can still get a bit slow if there is a shitload going on at the same time

i finished that when i had a playstation. i'm really just after something i can...'obtain' for PC, i don't wanna mess around with emulators.

I guess you already played through it so it doesn't rlly matter, but emulation isn't necessary for FF8. There was a PC release as well. I've owned 2 copies of the PC release (they're probably kicking around somewhere at my parents' house), still have my PSX copy and have been playing it at work via emulator the past week :P also had the strat guide at one point that was the shit but its long gone unfortunately

interestingly 7 and 8 were released for PC but 9 never was.

You could always start playing dota, though. ;)

edit: new tribes looks sick.

I finally had time to finish this thing. I'm waiting on pulls and some stained glass. I need to ventilate and black out the shelving once the cabling is 100% to my liking.

SCPH-1001 as my cd player

fin1.jpg

Wave 6 shrine

fin2.jpg

The most important thing:

fin4dc.jpg

fin5dc.jpg

fin6dc.jpg

fin7dc.jpg

^ I couldn't agree more! I'm very impressed with it. Everything sounds soft and full on it. I don't even use any other equipment; the bass and treble knobs are all you really need with this.

Anybody who has one laying in the attic should really revive theirs.

*btw xSavant, if you care, the speakers are old-ish teakwood DLK Model 2. This is the cd player and my Technics SL-Q3. Not really a head, I just like basic decent stuff.

fin3.jpg

can't see it in the Store anymore..?

wow how sleazy is that, making it expire after what a month?

doesn't matter if its available for a week or a year, I don't see any point in ending the sign up a day early..

probably late pass but

udEAEARD-Fo

Buying a desktop at the end of summer so I can get back into PC gaming. Senior year in college is the one where you don't have to do any work right?

if only I could use my Steel Battalion setup.

New dude in ME3 looks like shit. James Vega Gears of War guy.

Is it better/worse than Audiosurf? Audiosurf is "tailored to your music" but most tracks end up playing the same anyway.

yeah i think audiosurf is a bit hit and miss in terms of really matching music - i've found some tracks that work really well though.

beat hazard is more shooter oriented so i don't think it's as tempo oriented as audiosurf, but the music determines the ambience of the stage. like bass is represented as colourful gas cloud things.

I have to say, if you stack you multipliers, the game becomes fucking MENTAL:

zcKfQr9umZM

I really like audiosurf because you can just play a couple of 'rounds' with your favourite tunes and then get off when you're bored. this is like a companion piece, but with the ultra pack it goes much deeper. online play, more enemies along with dozens of perks and shit. Impressive considering one guy developed this :cool: . Bargain.

oh for fucks sake.. I read that the 30 day playstation plus for free offer expires "after july 3rd", today when I log in in the afternoon its no longer there?

nevermind, it was extended to the 5th but I still couldn't access it so it just wasn't showing up for me.

yo la noir kinda sucks

haha ya, I was really surprised that so many people were hyped for it when its so linear and not really a sandbox game at all

this shit always happens with Rockstar games though

people said the same shit about RDR and GTA4

time for Team Ico HD remake hype

Iz8jQ4ATlAI

ZJ-8E_s7Thw