video games ruined my life

DüM

^^ I play older games all the time. It's the way to go, definitely.

In regards to new games, it looks like this year is going to be a good one for the PS3.

Will brobokawp from that list:

1. Hyperdimension Neptunia

2. Shadow and ICO remake

3. Journey

4. Killzone 3

5. The Last Guardian

6. LittleBigPlanet 2

7. Pixeljunk Shooter 2

8. Resistance 3

9. Twisted Metal

10. Uncharted 3

Yeah I'm so fucking excited for the remake of Shadow/Ico plus Last Guardian.. I still haven't played Uncharted 2 yet so I will probably kopp that real soon on the cheap. I also completely forgot that LBP2 comes out next week, which is great because I loved the first one so much.

Alan Wake has a pretty dope soundtrack, and Majora's mask is insane.

I sold my ps3 for rent money while back and gave my 360 to my brother, I don't really miss either tbh, As long as I have a computer, an n64, and a ps2, my gaming is all set. Though I would like to give Last Guardian a shot when it drops.

Alan is pretty solid so far and the music is sick. Majora's Mask might be my favorite game of all time but it's hard to say but I think it's better than OoT to be honest.

The 64 and Ps2 are easily two of the best systems ever so as long as you have those you should be alright

^ I agree. I think Majora's Mask is a more interesting game overall but OoT had such a profound effect on the industry that I think it will always be considered the better game. MM did everything OoT did but with a new story. So in that sense it wasn't as 'new' or 'revolutionary' as OoT was. Both are great, obviously, but prefer Majora's Mask as well.

Glad I'm not the only one. It's been huge fun because we both love this title on Dreamcast. I haven't tried the very latest incarnations, but this version of DOA always trumped PS2 and Xbox so damn hard. It plays so fast and responsively. And yeah, the panty shots :D

I might dig out the microphone and run Seaman for a couple weeks. What a bizarre thing that was.

^ I agree. I think Majora's Mask is a more interesting game overall but OoT had such a profound effect on the industry that I think it will always be considered the better game. MM did everything OoT did but with a new story. So in that sense it wasn't as 'new' or 'revolutionary' as OoT was. Both are great, obviously, but prefer Majora's Mask as well.
The whole timed aspect of it was really interesting, and it's probably the darkest zelda game in terms of how depressing it gets at times, what with people struggling with the knowledge of their impending deaths and all that.

Yeah, I mean I see what you're saying but like Gatefold said I think the timing aspect and the masks brought something to really interesting to that table that I will always remember. It's also a way more original experience in my opinion since OoT is essentially a remake of ALttP.

I also loved how dark it was.. which is a major change up for the series. Also how interesting and weird all the characters were, like the hand that was in the toilet, or the dancer who was already dead.

Yeah, I mean I see what you're saying but like Gatefold said I think the timing aspect and the masks brought something to really interesting to that table that I will always remember. It's also a way more original experience in my opinion since OoT is essentially a remake of ALttP.

I also loved how dark it was.. which is a major change up for the series. Also how interesting and weird all the characters were, like the hand that was in the toilet, or the dancer who was already dead.

I would agree with most of this but the change between ALttP to OoT is a much bigger change than between OoT to MM. ALttP was a top down, 8 bit adventure. Just the change from that into 3D is massive. The way you explore the world, the camera, the battle system, OoT's method of adventure become the frame work for all Zelda games to come. MM and TP mimic all the basic gameplay elements established by OoT. This is not a bad thing either since they should be kept the same but this is also why I think OoT served the industry in a greater way than MM.