video games ruined my life

DüM

yea have finished the campaign. thanks for the recap, made it a bit more clear, though I still think the way the story is told and evolves is very confusing.

I guess I'm used to being at least decent in pc games but playing a fps on a console is pretty new to me :o

Lol, sorry bout that. Thought that when you joined sessions, it'd throw you into a party. Next thing I knew, I was having to jump over your bullets and shoot you in the face. ;)

As for the killstreaks thing, I think I've figured it out. They count toward your streak ONLY IF:

-The killstreak reward was from your own killstreak; doesn't include any rewards gained through crates, whether it be your own or stolen

-The killstreak reward being used is used during the current killstreak. Unlike CoD4, you can't call in any saved rewards from previous lives to build up a new streak

Lol, sorry bout that. Thought that when you joined sessions, it'd throw you into a party. Next thing I knew, I was having to jump over your bullets and shoot you in the face. ;)

As for the killstreaks thing, I think I've figured it out. They count toward your streak ONLY IF:

-The killstreak reward was from your own killstreak; doesn't include any rewards gained through crates, whether it be your own or stolen

-The killstreak reward being used is used during the current killstreak. Unlike CoD4, you can't call in any saved rewards from previous lives to build up a new streak

Same, since we were in the same party in the game before i thought we would be in the same party in the next game too. :( Were you using a silencer Solix?

Same, since we were in the same party in the game before i thought we would be in the same party in the next game too. :( Were you using a silencer Solix?

I always use silencers unless I'm using the barret or wa2000 bling'd with thermal + FMJ. Always normally use cold blooded as well, unless I'm leveling up non-silenced weapons to get the silencer.

Solix I like using the silencer too. But sometimes even when i get the jump on them I still can't kill them. :( I do have the silencer on my p90 though and it rapes. Do you know how much dmg the silencer reduces?

royale, the M21 is a sniper right? I just can't snipe in this game, im horrible at it. Even when holding down R3, i still miss. Only time when i can kill someone with the sniper rifle is when they are absolutely standing still.

yeah it's a sniper rifle, if you put an ACOG on it though you can use it as more of a mid-range rifle, i also rarely use silencers, they seem to take away too much damage, whenever i have them equipped it seems like i'm not dropping guys as fast, only use them on certain sniper rifles

iGiIT, try firing right in front of them if they're moving forward. I'm not bad at actually hitting people while sniping, but I have no patience and I am constantly scared someone is coming behind me to knife me.

I still have the silencer on my Scar. You can def feel it takes a little away. I tried the silencer on my AA12 and that basically took the range down to like 2 feet. It was so bad. I usually get lots of long shots, but I like using an AR rather than a sniper.

iGiIT, try firing right in front of them if they're moving forward. I'm not bad at actually hitting people while sniping, but I have no patience and I am constantly scared someone is coming behind me to knife me.

I still have the silencer on my Scar. You can def feel it takes a little away. I tried the silencer on my AA12 and that basically took the range down to like 2 feet. It was so bad. I usually get lots of long shots, but I like using an AR rather than a sniper.

I use the silencer on my scar too. Silencer on a shotgun is horrible. Shotgun range goes from 10-20 feet to 2-3 feet with the silencer. AA12 is a cool shotgun though for close range. Just gotta be careful because the recoil is crazy on it if you go all crazy like with shoooting.

Silencers don't reduce damage, they reduce range. It's not as noticiable at closer ranges, it'll be as strong as an unsilenced weapon, but it'll take another 1-3 extra shots from even mid-ranges than it normally would.

My tips:

- Try strafing more while hipfiring, most people tend to aim down the sights, which (considering all things are on default, ie sensitivity, which most people have) tends to have slower horizontal movement than the walking speed of the strafe. Also, try drop-shotting, it's surprisingly useful when done correctly.

- Like shotgun strategy, if you feel you lose the jump on an opponent or someone spots you at a further distance, bait and trap. Retreat around a corner and wait for them to be at a more favorable distance for you. Going prone while waiting also puts you in a better position to get the first jump.

Lowrey, don't even bother with the killcam unless it's the same guy that keeps killing you over and over from a place you can't find. The collective minute or two spent watching the killcam per match can be used to get another handful of kills.

Silencer on a shotgun is horrible.

I use the silenced shotgun like a madman. I pretty much only play hardcore and it's deadly effective in that. It's fun as hell sneaking into an enemy building and shooting people with it from behind. Not to mention the fact that you feel like a beast running through buildings with a pump silenced pump action shottie(I wish a muth%$#@ would come around the corner). Makes a cool ass sound too!

- Try strafing more while hipfiring, most people tend to aim down the sights, which (considering all things are on default, ie sensitivity, which most people have) tends to have slower horizontal movement than the walking speed of the strafe. Also, try drop-shotting, it's surprisingly useful when done correctly.

The first thing I do in any shooting game is turn the look sensitivity all the way up. You gotta get used to it, but when you do it's the shit. If your using an smg or shottie you can actually hold the left trigger down the whole time while clearing rooms and you will be stupid accurate.

going to try upping my sensitivity because I find alot of times I spot someone first but cant get a shot off fast enough. I really need to be more patient. A lot of the times I'm dying it's because the other dude was able to just chill a second longer and wait for my ass.

I'm trying to use my AA12 more often in close quarters and it's awesome. I copped a triple kill in those tight streets in favela with hip shots.

I really need to be more patient. A lot of the times I'm dying it's because the other dude was able to just chill a second longer and wait for my ass.

This reallly applies for me too. I was playing terminal and I kepted trying to flank them but kepted dying. I got angry and play to agressively. My score like was 2-8. Then i chilled for a bit and relax and my score ended up being 14-10. A big jump up all because i played it safe. Wasn't camping or anything, just was playing as aggressive.

Silencers don't reduce damage, they reduce range. It's not as noticiable at closer ranges, it'll be as strong as an unsilenced weapon, but it'll take another 1-3 extra shots from even mid-ranges than it normally would.

Actually like in MW1, silencers don't reduce range (the same way scopes don't increase it). Bullets travel forever on all guns except shotguns, but depending on the attachment damage is either increased or decreased earlier or later (for ex: if you put a silencer on a weapon, damage decrease kicks in earlier).

Got this from gamefaqs. damage goes from close range to far range. these guns were also tested without silencer or stopping power. If you guys don't know how to read the chart it goes like this. take the scar for example, each bullet does 40 dmg and each person has 100hp. it would take 3 bullets to kill someone with a scar because that would be 120dmg. But take the m4 for example, each bullet does 30 dmg so it would take 4 bullets to kill someone.

40dmg = 3 shot kill, 2 with stopping power

35dmg=3 shot kill stopping power or not

30dmg=4 shot kill, 3 with stopping power

20dmg=5 shot kill, 4 with stopping power

Weapon damage chart.

Assault riffle:

M4: 30-20

Scar-H: 40-30

FAMAS: 40 (35?)-30

ACR: 30-20

TAR-21 : 40-30

FN FAL: 50-35