Amoskeag XX brand

beatle

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, I really like the abstract nature of the videos. Can you say more about Kenji's role in this? How he got involved, etc?

Thank you for taking a look,

yeah they really were fun to make.

we are all close friends, and decided to do the films with chris for part of a commission he had been given by Ace Hotel to make 4 large canvases.

During the previous year I had meet Kenji when he opened the shop on my block and did a small shoot using Chris for Amoskeag and befriend Kenji from that project. Latter that year, we had spoken about the Love Kills Demon project with Chris, and Kenji was very interested to join..

Chris was already going to paint on 4 canvas, and was very interested in painting on other fabrics not normally used for fine art.. a conversation had started...

Kenji allowed us to go into his fabric room and look over cool textiles, and Chris did a few small tests to see what would be good to paint on...

then Kenji and him discusses what was available, and so the orders were placed from japan, italy, and cone, then Kenji donated all that fabric to the project.

it was super cool...

very very cool project, Davichan. I'm still sad that meeting Kenji in the summer didn't work out - too many things going on..

Beatle...

Thank you for checking it out..

wow...

now that i think back to it... i remember Kenji had mentioned you visiting him in the shop!!!

Yeah~ makes me sad as well..

Kenji possibly had too much on his plate this summer, and i wish he and the shop was still there as well..

regardless, i am sure he will turn up with things...

he is pretty resilient type.. :)

happy ya'll enjoyed regardless..

• 2 weeks later...

Aite-- just jumped on the Amoskeag XX train and I have to say-- these one wash Millworkers are a damn fine pair of jeans. Like another recent purchase, Triple Works, there isn't enough Amoskeag love on sufu. I wish there was more info and I wish I'd gotten the chance to visit the shop when it was still around.

I'm not even going to try to post macro shots-- joelz's shots on page 4 and 5 speak for themselves. Overall, I'm impressed with the slubiness and hairiness of the denim and am diggin' the looser fit. I was a bit surprised to find that these did not have a chainstitch hem. The hardware is top-notch. My favorite detail has to be the exposed crotch rivet. It's weird of me to say, but just a nice little detail. Anyways, here are some fit pics:

01.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

Oh, I like the white tag hanging out on the back pocket, too. Kenji-san, wherever you are, you're the man.

nice purchase grooveholmes!

i also have a pair of one wash Millworkers as well,

and def agree with you on the fine details of the jeans,

and joelz's shots are really good at sharing these as well.

they are a little gem in my opinion. and those who get them in their hands normally really appreciate all the subtle details that have gone into them.

personally,i keep them more for summer wearing, due to the denims particular good breathing i feel.. just kinda chilly in the winter months wearing it.

looking good

enjoy them...

and good to keep this thread alive..

best

Ok confession time. Between beatle's initial story and photos, joelz's amazing macro shots, and davichan's video and background story-- it wasn't too difficult to buy into these. So thanks guys-- your enthusiasm sold these.

Fortunately, it doesn't get nearly as cold as NY in NC during the winter months. I can get away with wearing a thermal underneath, but I've got 15oz. TW and Schaeffer's jeans in the mix.

I should probably give a shout out to Henry Wong's blog, too. He doesn't write often, but when he does... oh man. I start looking into whatever that fella recommends. That was where I first read about Kenji/Amoskeag XX.

Yeah-- I wondered about that too. I emailed and asked them what was up with the measurements and they said they were correct... next thing I knew they added a bullet-point to their write-ups:

"THE MEASUREMENTS LISTED IN THIS CHART HAVE BEEN DOUBLE CHECKED AND ARE INDEED CORRECT"

haha. I think I wasn't the only one asking about the measurements...

hahahahaha~

yeah, Grooveholmes...

i used to hang out in the shop with Kenji a few nights when it was around, working on projects with him..it was really cool, people would come in and chat for hours about stuff, have drinks.. it was a great spot.

now it is just empty space...

• 8 months later...