Amoskeag XX brand

beatle

just picked up a pair of Mill Workers (like these, but without front pleats) - it's a brand new style that they just introduced in the past month or so, they seem great, really slubby denim, 12.5 oz or so. One of the partners actually designed/made the denim himself, he said it was based on denim produced in the earlier period (i think 1930's or 40's but it could be earlier), he also gave me a hearty shot of sake when I bought them

If anyone wants detail shots, let me know what you want and I can post it.

Here's some shots

DSC_2371.JPG

DSC_2376.JPG

DSC_2377.JPG

DSC_2378.JPG

DSC_2379.JPG

DSC_2381.JPG

denim

DSC_2384.JPG

DSC_2386.JPG

Cinch

DSC_2389.JPG

DSC_2390.JPG

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're a tagged 32"x34" - I'm about a 32" cuff so they are double cuffed, I have to go back in a month or so to hem them (Kenji - the owner/designer of these wants to make sure they get all their shrinkage out), in terms of fit they are excellent, I'll do measurements this week too.

These are one wash too - so he said not to expect much/any shrinking, but they aren't sanforized so there could be some happening

Pocket Bags

DSC_2644.JPG

Inside details

DSC_2645.jpg

The denim (inside)

DSC_2649.jpg

More pocketbag

DSC_2650.JPG

Cinch

DSC_2652.JPG

Indigo Arcuate

DSC_2654.JPG

Selvedge Coin Pocket

DSC_2655.JPG

Hardware

DSC_2657.JPG

This denim is amazing - there's already some great blues poking through

DSC_2661.JPG

more fit pics soon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Amoskeagxx.png

Slide2.JPG

Just got an email from them - black mill workers, aged mill workers and a whole bunch of shirts

Still working on my pair, they are pretty tough to fade because they fit more like trousers than tight denim on me.

• 4 months later...

So ... the bad news first: the Amoskeag store in the LES is gone - it's been closed for a while now. The good news: the jeans are still available on context: http://www.contextclothing.com/brand.php?brand=Amoskeag+XX

I was going to provide some form of an update in terms of picture but there isn't much going on fade wise - these are the softest jeans I own and were a fantastic weight for the summer

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed that too - I'm not sure how they are doing, but the best people to talk to may be context - they seem to be one of the few people who have the denim: http://www.contextclothing.com/brand.php?brand=Amoskeag+XX

I'll try getting some outside pictures of my denim soon.

These are one of the softest pair of jeans I own and thanks to a very trouser like fit they don't really fade in the tradition way - this is one of the best pair of summer jeans I own - they breathe exceptionally well

• 2 months later...

Hi Forum,

sad to witness the Amoskeag XX shop close down.. it really was a small gem in the LES. But i wanted to share this with ya'll..

I have befriended and worked on this artist project with Kenji from Amoskeag XX last year that has recently been released!

He is a real special kind of crazy guy..

super smart about mills and textiles from Italy, Japan, and US, and such a giving person, if you ever meet him, you would understand..

that guy was really alive with fabric in his hands...

He got involved with our project of these 12 short films.. and supplied us all with Amoskeag XX garments to wear, and more amazingly supplied the artist Chris Rubino with rolls of amazing selvedge Cone denim / old dead-stock military canvas, and other rolls of amazing fabrics.

this is not a fashion film, but series of short experimental films, you can see the artist painting all over plenty of Amoskeag's fabrics .. if you are interested, please check em out.. and spread the love...

start off watching us bring rolls of raw denim and other textiles into the artists studio and working direct with Kenji.

in film #5

EMBRACE CHAOS

then if you like you can watch them all here..

LOVE KILLS DEMONS

All 12 | Love Kills Demons | Films from Jim Helton

Visit the official site lovekillsdemons.com

Apparel and all Denim and textiles - Amoskeag XX

hope you enjoy!

MUCH RESPECT!!!!:D

Here is Kenji prepping some of his fabrics for us in the artist studio we shoot in.

Amoskeag_XX_Love_Kills_Demons_001.jpg

Amoskeag_XX_Love_Kills_Demons_002.jpg