Cone Denim Mills thread

erk

Some Cone denim is generic, just as some denim from, say, Edwin, is generic. That's what you had on your Gustin's. You have to compare like with like - look at, say, Roy's loomstate or LVC 1915, and compare that with the best Japanese denim. I was looking thru photos recently, and was struck by how the Roy contest jeans looked great at absolutely every stage of their wear - not all denim does that.

I put this piece up to educate people and it's really worth reading, to get a feel for what varies between denims (yarns, then dyeing), and what doesn't really (how the denim is loomed).

Very nice story about Cone Denim Paul T, I wonder if you were thinking about the "new" 1915 from last year, a denim that i really love for it´s slubby, unsigned and pale blue denim. Especially now while it´s becoming too warm for my Sugar Canes...

Also wonder if you got any information, that LVC is going for new and "better" Cone denims in future.(1915&1890 beeing revised recently). Would be nice seeing the 1947 made from a heavier version of the 1915 denim. ;)

I honestly don't know. But I'm hopeful there will be revisions and improvements to LVC. This interview was before the 'new" 1915 which I don't know anything about; I think it's safe to say now that the Roy x Cone contest jeans used the XX15 warp yarn, and that counts as some of the best denim I've ever worn.

• 2 months later...

^ Many thanks for the wonderful reading Paul! Very informative.

By the way, if you are still curious re: old Sugar Cane jeans with 100% Ai denim, I can try and scan from their old catalogues for you. There were 4 top of the line models I believe that used the pure natural dye. Let me know.

• 7 months later...

I seem to wear through Cone denim much more quickly than Japanese denim...

I just hope that my new 3sixteen+ prove the exception...

• 4 weeks later...

My 3sixteen577bsp are Cone and I love them, but generally prefer Japanese denim..

image.jpeg