Buzz Rickson vs. Real McCoys Navy Pea Coat

chkamb

I'm a 40 in suits. My 40 Buzz Peacoat fits perfectly. The 40 RMC Peacoat fit about the same when I tried it on at BIG. The RMC felt a little heavier, but they're both pretty stiff and heavy - in a good way. I still feel the Buzz is a better value just because it's a couple hundo cheaper. I wear my Buzz pretty much every day in the winter unless it's really cold then I switch to one of my Canada Goose.

I'm a 40 in suits. My 40 Buzz Peacoat fits perfectly. The 40 RMC Peacoat fit about the same when I tried it on at BIG. The RMC felt a little heavier, but they're both pretty stiff and heavy - in a good way. I still feel the Buzz is a better value just because it's a couple hundo cheaper. I wear my Buzz pretty much every day in the winter unless it's really cold then I switch to one of my Canada Goose.

Do you find that being such a heavy coat, it sags hanging in the closet? Does the shoulder area wrinkle and stretch?

Its 37oz so the coat kind of can stand up on its own. It won't sag in the closet. Even vintage coats from the 60's still hold their shape. From my experience, Real McCoy's isn't the type of brand that would make anything that isn't close to, sometimes better than the original.

I imagine the only time the fabric will wrinkle is if you jump into a pool wearing it on.

if any london people want to try them on , american classics in covent garden have both, definitely full size run of the buzz, they had the mccoys in a 40. 

tried the buzz in 42, was a little tight & quite restrictive, the 44 was a bit too big on the shoulders and body. ah well.....

Hello all. I've just picked up a The Real McCoy's Pea Coat from Blue in Green, NYC. I'm a connoisseur of quality as well as accurate reproductions. Though I could have picked up a run-of-the-mill pea coat from nearly anywhere and at a bargain, it would not suit my taste and I'd eventually want more. I considered the Buzz Rickson model because its significantly less expensive, and more so because Self Edge was having a 13% off Black Friday sale yesterday, but my knowledge of The Real McCoys quality, both firsthand, and from my research, has led me to drop the dough and pick it up. They run a bit small, and I normally wear a medium. The size 44 was the best fit. Fit pics to come.

Here are some detailed pics: 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25623002@N05/sets/72157638228294886/

yes, on the inside; shouldn't be a problem unless one has xray eyes :ph34r:

Real Mccoys are also releasing a 1913 model this winter (84000 yen)

06261621_51ca9684c8eb7.jpg

Edited by SLAB

Hello all. I've just picked up a The Real McCoy's Pea Coat from Blue in Green, NYC. I'm a connoisseur of quality as well as accurate reproductions. Though I could have picked up a run-of-the-mill pea coat from nearly anywhere and at a bargain, it would not suit my taste and I'd eventually want more. I considered the Buzz Rickson model because its significantly less expensive, and more so because Self Edge was having a 13% off Black Friday sale yesterday, but my knowledge of The Real McCoys quality, both firsthand, and from my research, has led me to drop the dough and pick it up. They run a bit small, and I normally wear a medium. The size 44 was the best fit. Fit pics to come.

Here are some detailed pics: 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25623002@N05/sets/72157638228294886/

For some reason all i see is black. Did big have a black friday sale?

Are the photos not showing up? This was my first, and what a frustrating, time posting photos on superfuture. I linked my Flickr account, which perhaps needs a login. I'd appreciate any help with posting pics as I didn't find the tutorial easy to understand.

Moreover, no sale at BiG.  :sad: 

I've tried a vintage WWII peacoat but honestly the fit was horrible on me.

shoulders too wide, sleeves too short, sleeve width too wide

I'm eyeing a Real Mccoy's or Freewheelers coat instead; the RMC is supposed to be somewhat updated fit

• 10 months later...