Buzz Rickson vs. Real McCoys Navy Pea Coat

chkamb

I'm seriously thinking I'd trade my MFSC pea coat for a BR one. Too much denim in my closet (blasphemy, I know), and that 36oz melton sounds toasty!

• 2 weeks later...

xpost from a few others..

wearing_4.jpg

Real McCoys knit cap

BR Naval Clothing Pea Coat

(i am small size 36, worn for 2 winters now, got it in tokyo, best non-down winter jacket i have owned)

Wool Knit gloves

IH 301 jeans

Real McCoys Rigger Boots

An-chan the wirehair Jack Russell wearing Puppia yellow down jacket

:D

They do say that people grow to look like their pets, but this is quite extraordinary!

xpost from a few others..

wearing_4.jpg

Real McCoys knit cap

BR Naval Clothing Pea Coat

(i am small size 36, worn for 2 winters now, got it in tokyo, best non-down winter jacket i have owned)

Wool Knit gloves

IH 301 jeans

Real McCoys Rigger Boots

An-chan the wirehair Jack Russell wearing Puppia yellow down jacket

:D

Hi Slab,

Thank you...

i got the Real McCoys only two months ago, so i am gonna put some winter wear into them and then start to get some post up to share soon as they earn their keep!!! i def look forward to seeing how the "glass finish" evolves on them.

nice outfit David! You should post some pictures of those Real Mccoys boots on the boots thread

• 2 months later...

I wanted to bump this, since the RC peacoat is 37 oz. these days. I think I'm going to scoop whichever size 44 ends up fitting better.

I will say though, trying on a Buzz 42 in Selfedge San Fran, I felt a little disappointed. The arm holes seemed low, the wool felt strangely stiff, and the corduroy lining was very thin. Not exactly on par with my expectations.

• 11 months later...

You won't be disappointed with the RmC's. Shit is amazing.

FINALLY got my hands on a RMC's pea coat size 44. one of the pieces you give a personal name to after wearing it the first time.

i was not 100% happy with BR pea coat, so i waited ... and waited - it was definitely worth it!

will try to post a pic asap ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I saw the Buzz and the WG peacoats at SENY this past weekend. The WG one is black, while the standard Buzz one is navy. The WG one also appeared a bit shorter, although I'm not entirely sure. Also, the triangular pocket reinforcements at the top and bottom of the handwarmer pockets is leather on the WG, while it was just a stitched triangle on the Buzz. I didn't notice anything else

I saw the Buzz and the WG peacoats at SENY this past weekend. The WG one is black, while the standard Buzz one is navy. The WG one also appeared a bit shorter, although I'm not entirely sure. Also, the triangular pocket reinforcements at the top and bottom of the handwarmer pockets is leather on the WG, while it was just a stitched triangle on the Buzz. I didn't notice anything else

Thanks for the info. That makes sense. The William Gibson collection is always black, whether it's the A-2, the N-1, the MA-1 or the PeaCoat. Normally the WG one is longer, I think. But it might be different with the peacoat.

• 7 months later...