Buzz Rickson vs. Real McCoys Navy Pea Coat

chkamb

I am wondering what the main differences between these two Navy Pea Coats are: one by Buzz Rickson, one by Real McCoys:

Buzz Rickson Navy Pea Coat - USN 1910's Model (at selfedge):

www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78&products_id=361

Real McCoys U.S Navy Pea Coat (at superdenim.co.uk):

www.superdenim.co.uk/prodpage.asp?productid=409

Any ideas, experiences, suggestions? OK, sizing is different, price, too, but what about the rest?

C

In Japan, they are only about ¥20000 difference, but I find the Real McCoy's stuff a bit more solid. (I'm a bit biased since I'm a big fan) I also find that the RM's quality control is a bit better since all the product is made under one roof. Some of their stuff is insanely priced though.

I've had issues with some of the Toyo stuff in the past in terms of construction, but you probably can't go wrong either way.

I would go with what you can afford, since the steez is so similar. I'll get a better impression next week when I check them out overseas.

Maybe Kiya can chip in since SE carries both lines?

• 2 months later...

where did you buy the BR coat beatle? Its probably not going to happen anymore this year but I'm going to buy a peacoat myself as well; just doubting between BR and RM, I think the BR is alreadt crazy expensive but then if the quality difference is big enough (like with the N-1 jacket), I might go for the RM.

I doubt I'll spring, given a closet full of coats and my few months per year in winter zones, but I HAVE been drooling over the BR pea coat for some time. I outgrew my Dad's real peacoat, which was simply the greatest coat ever. (It's still in use by a friend's teenage daughter, who loves it.)

Where can I see the best pics and details on the RM version?

And, if anyone springs, pics please!!!

(okay. Duuuuh. In the opening post. I get it. But if any OTHER sites, photos, details, we'll all appreciate. sorry 'bout dat...)

Guest patchmb

There's 1 here beatle. Not the best but I can take more. For reference mine is a size 40 & I wear size 44 in flat head shirts, Large in buzz sweatshirts, mr freedom & self edge shirts. The 40 is a snug fit & I probably could have gone up to a 42 for a little more room though I think they look good fitted.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=2033832#post2033832

i am currently looking for size/fit information on the same buzz peacoat.

thinking between 42 and 44, but not sure so far.

the schott (slim fit) version fits me perfectly in a size L.

according to the measurements I found so far, a 42 in the buzz could be quite tight for a winter jacket, whereas the 44 could be too roomy.

if somebody could help it would be very appreciated!

I wear xl iron heart shirts & the 40 is fitted on me if that helps tt.

f%&$ yes, i wear xl in iron heart shirts too!

would you describe the IH shirt fit tight, perfect or roomy on you?

thx patch, mad helpful as always!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to patchmb again."

I wear 44 in flat head shirts and 42 in the BR sweat and I have the 42 BR peacoat. It is a spot on fit, fitted but with some room for layering.

Ive only ever tried on the IH heavy chambray shirt in L and that was way too small for me.

i love my BR peacoat. have not seen the RM version so i can't compare.

i posted fit pics on the military/inspired thread. as for sizing, i wear a 40-42 in BR sweatshirt and a 40 in the BR peacoat.

looks pretty big on you - i guess you could have sized down?

nope. broad shoulders.

i'm 5'7" and 150lbs. haven't measured chest circumference.

here is some input from hinoya, i just found (crude google translation with editing):

Model: Yama (height 168cm, weight 52kg): XS (34) tight size, S (36) just in size

Model: Morley (height 174cm, weight 60kg): M (38) snug size, S (36) tight size

Model: Takuzo (height 180cm, weight 72kg): L (40) snug size