Top Ten Movies List

BIGFISH_SMALL POND

What is Lucky Star?

Lucky Star is a silent film from 1929 directed by Frank Borzage. It's visually stunning... an amazing copy of it was found somewhere in Europe that hadn't deteriorated much at all... it's like watching a dream or something. It stars one of the greatest (and my favorite) actresses of all time, Janet Gaynor, and it's a beautiful love story. Probably one of the happiest movies you'll ever watch... and you will undoubtedly fall in love with Janet Gaynor. On top of that it's technically incredible as well, Borzage is a brilliant director.

Kind of ranting, but I really love it. And if you have the patience for a silent film I think you'll be glad you watched it. Just dedicate yourself to it, don't watch it and be on your comp or something haha.

not really movie savvy but here is my list in no particular order...

Party Monster.

The Football Factory.

Evil Dead 2.

Life Aquatic.

Death at a Funeral.

Y Tu Mamá También.

Paris, je t'aime.

Green Street Hooligans.

Slumdog millionaire.

The Hangover.

no clear order to these, just the first 10 movies i think of that i really enjoyed

y tu mamá también

paris, je t'aime

match point

closer

full metal jacket

up in the air is really growing on me

shawshank redemption

dave chappelle's block party

snatch

motorcycle diaries

My top 10 list (in no particular order):

The Beat That My Heart Skipped by Jacques Audiard

Fallen Angels by Wong Kar Wai

Paris, Texas by Wim Wenders

Y Tu Mamá También by Alfonso Cuarón

Stolen Kisses by François Truffaut

Cool Hand Luke by Stuart Rosenberg

Before Sunrise by Richard Linklater

The Last of the Mohicans by Michael Mann

The Royal Tenenbaums by Wes Anderson

Harold and Maude by Hal Ashby

diving bell and the butterfly

yojimbo

cool hand luke

pierrot le fou

masculin/feminine

city of lost children

hard boiled (fuck yearrrrr)

my neighbor totoro

rope

roman holiday

these are the ten movies I could watch every day, basically. Rope is brilliant, early hitchcock if you haven't seen it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Vanilla Sky (Never watched the french version but this is good... just keep thinking about it long after watching)

Hurt Locker (I was from the military and can relate to a lot of things in this movie and the atmosphere + pace is just gripping... really on the edge of my seat for some parts)

Click (Underrated film.. maybe because it stars Adam Sandler... sets you thinking about the definition of the important things in life)

The Family Man (I am sure its even more underrated than Click. Not many people even know this film exist but man its good... best film Nicholas Cage acted in for me... similar concept to Click.. maybe I am a sucker for all these)

Breakfast at Tiffany's (Just gotta include one Black and White film in the list)

Snatch (Pure fun to watch)

Rocky (Very inspirational)

Boiler Room (You will love this if you are in a Sales career)

Speed (Sandra Bullock! Woohoo! )

The Lives of Others (Gone in without expecting much... came out a very very satisfied movie goer... made me read about the history of Germany)

Vanilla Sky (Never watched the french version but this is good... just keep thinking about it long after watching)

Hurt Locker (I was from the military and can relate to a lot of things in this movie and the atmosphere + pace is just gripping... really on the edge of my seat for some parts)

Click (Underrated film.. maybe because it stars Adam Sandler... sets you thinking about the definition of the important things in life)

The Family Man (I am sure its even more underrated than Click. Not many people even know this film exist but man its good... best film Nicholas Cage acted in for me... similar concept to Click.. maybe I am a sucker for all these)

Breakfast at Tiffany's (Just gotta include one Black and White film in the list)

Snatch (Pure fun to watch)

Rocky (Very inspirational)

Boiler Room (You will love this if you are in a Sales career)

Speed (Sandra Bullock! Woohoo! )

The Lives of Others (Gone in without expecting much... came out a very very satisfied movie goer... made me read about the history of Germany)

Breakfast at Tiffanys is a color movie.

I already neg'd him Hocus.

In no particular order:

Shawshank Redemption

American Psycho

Oldboy (the entire Vengeance series)

Tokyo Story

Trainspotting

Il Deserto Rosso

El Espinazo del Diablo

The Shining

Dr. Strangelove

Lung fu fong wong

This will probably change in a couple weeks.

Guest fryafish

no order whatsoever:

the departed

toy story

fight club

pulp fiction

spirited away

the inglorious basterds

city of god

the prestige

v for vendetta

snatch

You think they remade that trailer for the eighties apparent recoloring? I'm sorry but your "mate" and an article that apparently lacks a fact checker do not trump all the other actual evidence. For example, can you provide a link to any footage from the black and white version, or a story of its coloring, or a copy of it in black and white?

• 3 months later...

1 American Beauty

2 Ghost World

3 The Shawshank Redemption

4 Fight Club

5 Animal House

6 The Endless Summer

7 A Face in the Crowd

8 Two Lane Blacktop

9 Life Aquatic

10 Band of Outsiders

hard to make a top ten, as there are films I like more than the 10 here. I simply put the first 10 which came to mind.

i mean, its easy to put a top 10 list out off the dome, but if you really think about it, how many times can you watch fight club? i love that movie and all, but i think id sit through forrest gump again before i really bit into fight club another time. there's cool movies and then there's movies where you just wouldnt be shit if you hadnt seen. fuck a shawshank, ya know.

• 4 weeks later...

My 10 favorites off the top of my head... in no particular order

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Talented Mr. Ripley (that movie is uncomfortable as hell to watch, but I loved everything about it)

Napoleon Dynamite (I'm always down to watch this)

Star Wars V (best star wars movie IMO)

Serial Mom

Clerks (Clerks and Clerks II are the only Kevin Smith movies I can really get down with... the others just don't do it for me)

CB4

Coffee and Cigarettes (I might not want to watch all of the shorts, but a big chunk of them are pure gold)

Pootie Tang (fuck the haters... this shit is a classic)

Platoon (way better than Apocalypse Now IMO)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...