edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Thanks man! Nicee! Glad you scored a new Keyton! I still don't have one of those, but I'm trying to hold out for a Patterned one. Hopefully Peter releases them soon :)

yeah I was super surprised I was able to, makes me 1 for 1! When I emailed him he said he didn't have any more plain ones, but that he had one in rose gold. I've never seen them in that color but I'm pretty stoked, throw some pics up when I get it.

Just copped a Corter Keyhook and a 4sevens Quark miniX 123.

Can't wait for the keyhook. Says they will ship late june.

The miniX is insanely bright for its size. I didn't think it would be this small when I saw the pics online.

Yep, it's the otterbox "defender" I just use mine for work, as it is a pretty tough environment for electronics..normally I use the case from Saddleback Leather. It is probably the best leather case available.

is that the otterbox for the ipad? have one of those for mine, bulky but gives me alot of peace of mind

^^stupidly immature reasoning (aesthetic) but your pocket dump is making me wish gun laws were different in aus so I could own a .45 like that one.

do you cc that? surely it'd be pretty bulky/uncomfortable inside the waistband and really visible anywhere else?

Yes, I carry it quite often. The 1911 platform is thin, for a full size pistol. If carried in a good holster, on a good belt, it is not uncomfortable in the slightest. If you were to meet me, you would have absolutely no idea that I was carrying a firearm. I carry inside the waistband, and the gun vanishes. I am quite tall, so that may be an advantage.

As to the aesthetic comment, I just added carbon fiber grips, and custom screws....

I assure you it's full size. I think it's just distorted from by the iPad camera I used. I've noticed it when photographing knives, they look either longer or wider. If I need accuracy, I use my dslr.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you that carry blades, what is your primary use/intended function for them?

ETA: the reason I ask is I took Shivwork ECQC class this weekend and it totally changed my perspective on knives, placement, and the ability for another person to grab your blade. I'll be changing up my EDC because of this.

Edited by 35percent

Two knives, because one of them is worth a substantial amount of money, and I work a job where I cut a lot of stuff, the more expensive (neither are cheap) gets babbled slightly. They are both used as tools.

I carry a gun because bad things happen to good people, all the time, I was raised around guns, and carrying for me has no downside. I'm responsible, obey laws, and will go out of my way to avoid any sort of confrontation. I'm not paranoid, or compensating, I carry for the same reason I have a fire extinguisher in my car/house, do I think my house WILL catch fire? Nope, but I'll be glad if I have the right tool to fix the problem if it does. Same goes for a pistol.

For those of you that carry blades, what is your primary use/intended function for them?

ETA: the reason I ask is I took Shivwork ECQC class this weekend and it totally changed my perspective on knives, placement, and the ability for another person to grab your blade. I'll be changing up my EDC because of this.

I carry a skeletool every day, not in any way, shape or form for self defense, but because I cut stuff, need the pliers, need the screw driver and generally like to have a versatile tool on my body at all times.

When it comes to disarming someone with a knife, I highly recommend training with a shock knife. Everyone I have invited to practice their "how easy it is to grab/disarm you"-techniques have reconsidered their point of view after testing with a knife that actually hurts when the edge hits.

• 2 weeks later...