New logo sux ;(

Left pocket - streamlight, phone, speed strip

left hip on belt - knife

aiwb (appendix inside waist band) - gun

back left pocket - wallet

back right pocket - keys clipped to belt loop tucked in pocket

left jacket pocket - surefire

right jacket pocket - kimber pepper blaster

Most of my friends know that I have a lot of stuff on me but can never tell where it all is. I conceal it all. I'm out of town for a week but when I get back I'll take some pictures of how I carry it all, with good gear it's not hard and pretty comfortable. And I wear pretty slim fitting pants and shirts too. Tacticool hipster.

The bottom right is a Kimber pepper blaster, an OC unit that can individually shoot two pyrotechnically fired jets of gelatin pepper spray. It's the best OC unit to carry aside from a JPX projector in my opinion. All the benefits of an intermediate response without the drawback of traditional pepper sprays like secondary contamination. I've taken a pepper spray hit and it sucks.

http://www.pepperblaster.com/

Where the fuck do you live? Guatemala?

Hey, guys. Total edc noob. I was looking for recommendation for a knife, was looking at spyderco, and a flashlight. Trying to spend as least as possible for both but want something quality. Both just for regular use and nothing really specific. Thanks

tumblrm0gjpzer7t1qzbqkv.png

Here's my current rotation:

• Hollow’s Leather Snap Billfold w/ Aqua Stitching
  • Rogue Territory Cherry Blossom Handkerchief
  • Notebook with Self-made Leather Cover
  • Pilot Hi Tec C (G Tec C4) Gel Pen
  • Hard Graft iPhone Sleeve and iPhone 4
  • Backup 1400 mah battery
  • Square Reader
  • Blissex Lip Balm
  • Self-made Belt Snap Keyhook, McGizmo clip on car key and remote
  • Corter for Japan Bracelet
  • Nooka Watch
  • Spyderco Sage 2 w/paracord Monkey Fist

Quark Mini 123 or Preon 2 next. Iffy about using CR123's. I want to swap out the Nooka with a Braun or Seiko watch someday.

Edited by hai-san

Hey, guys. Total edc noob. I was looking for recommendation for a knife, was looking at spyderco, and a flashlight. Trying to spend as least as possible for both but want something quality. Both just for regular use and nothing really specific. Thanks

san re mu makes pretty good quality knives for super cheap - if you're just after a beater then they're probably a good place to start.

not an expert on blades myself though

My current carry:

Packing super light these days:

• Banana Republic card wallet
  • Leatherman Micra keymod with USB drive, bike lock key and Innova clip
  • Spyderco Jester w/ Spyderedge (no longer in production)
  • Apple iPod Nano 6G

*Missing is my iPhone 3Gs

tumblr_m0spj7Au5Q1rn4s9zo1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1331681981&Signature=cInjvnlCgaCv3yE4Sg48nEXqPB4%3D

Edited by velopang

san re mu makes pretty good quality knives for super cheap - if you're just after a beater then they're probably a good place to start.

not an expert on blades myself though

Oh, okay. Thanks. I'll look into it. Anyone have recommendations on cheaper spyderco or kershaw knives and a surefire or fenix flashlight?

Edited by tu_madre51

You can either check the previous pages (this has been discussed many times) or you can give us details on what you're looking for.

Budget, size, preferences and all that jazz

A small knife and flashlight. It's mostly for whatever I encounter during backpacking trips and such like hobos and shit haha. I'm looking to spend probably less than $50 on each of them. And any recommendations on a multi-tool, too?

A small knife and flashlight. It's mostly for whatever I encounter during backpacking trips and such like hobos and shit haha. I'm looking to spend probably less than $50 on each of them. And any recommendations on a multi-tool, too?

Lol... thanks for being specific!

With your specifications, I can tell you to buy any 4sevens, fenix, zebra or surefire that use a single battery.

Also, look into any spyderco or kershaw under 3.5'' in blade length and 50$.

As for multitools, check out leathermans. The Juice line is fairly small, they recently came out with other smaller ones that are in that price range too.

If you come up with actual specifications, I or any other person here, or google can help you out!

Where the fuck do you live? Guatemala?

I live in the metro Detroit area but I would have the same loadout wherever I lived/go. On the weekends I usually have a rifle or two in my car, and my friends do as well, but that's because we're going to classes and such.

I value my safety and carry the necessary tools and have the proper mindset and training to protect myself and loved ones. I'm not super paranoid or anything, just realistic.

He clearly lives wherever the fuck he wants to with that loadout. We're lucky he doesn't have his 2nd gun on him D:

Amen brother.

Really any Spyderco at the $50 price point will be decent, same with Kershaw. Try to go to a camping or outdoor store to get the feel of sizes as that's the biggest. 4sevens, Fenix, Streamlight, and TruNite are good options for a light, I'd go with a AA to start. If you want to get a dependable EDC light get a Surefire E1B, LX2, E2D led, or something else by Surefire.

Not sure if I posted this before, but it's an excellent read. It goes into the mindset of criminals and their mindset on their victims. Take a few minutes and I'm sure you'll find it interesting.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1285487_Street_robberies_and_you___The_Basics.html&page=1

Streamlight - Apple - CORBON - Blind Horse - Smith & Wesson

Surefire - wallet - keys - Kimber

wood grain

P1000750.jpg

Thoughts on the pepper blaster? Been thinking about picking one up and velcro-ing it to my motorcycle for those ridiculous road rage moments.

And why not a speedloader for the revolver? Granted if you can't get a job done without reloading, should have ran...

Thoughts on the pepper blaster? Been thinking about picking one up and velcro-ing it to my motorcycle for those ridiculous road rage moments.

And why not a speedloader for the revolver? Granted if you can't get a job done without reloading, should have ran...

The pepper blaster is great. My friend has taken 20 OC hits and he says the pepperblaster and Freeze +p are the two worst he's felt. It's thin and easy to carry, and has the least risk of secondary contamination and isn't effected by wind. range is about 10-15 feet, the only downside for some is you have to aim with it. for me i like it because its very natural and akin to shooting a gun.

As for the speed strip, I rarely carry carry that revolver, and like the speedstrips more than a speedloader. I usually carry it when I can't carry a fullsize semi auto, so i can just drop the strip into my pocket instead of having something bulky. if I need to reload a revolver, i'm running as well, so the estra few seconds doesn't make a difference to me.

AW rcr123a nano charger + AW rcr123a do it

got it, thanks. Is there a reason to get the AW oppose to, say, the charger + 6 x 750mah bundle for 24 bucks on amazon?

i remember reading around that boker's knives and the more meaty blades are very useful. Why is that?

Edited by hai-san

Ended up picking up a Preon 2 from the www.goinggear.com 4sevens clearance for my dad. If you order from goinggear make sure to also use the spring10 coupon or whatever it is to get another 10% off!!! Works on clearance items!

got it, thanks. Is there a reason to get the AW oppose to, say, the charger + 6 x 750mah bundle for 24 bucks on amazon?

i remember reading around that boker's knives and the more meaty blades are very useful. Why is that?

Not quite sure what charger and batteries you're talking about. The thing you need to be careful of is that Li-ions are very tricky business so its best to buy a brand that you really really trust and has a lot of people backing. You should really do research into them before making your decision. Check out http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/content.php first. There are different chemistries such as LiFePO4's which are supposed to be safer but offer less voltage and subsequently less output. There are protected and unprotected cells, etc.

So yeah, there is some research to do as li-ion rechargeables arent just like buying batteries from the drug store. Worst case scenario they explode.

I just trust AW because 4sevens sells them from their own store, which means that 4sevens trusts AW to a certain extent. Its the only brand of rechargeable they sell. I got my AW nano charger and rcr123a directly from the 4sevens store and when I found my charger was defective, 4sevens replaced it. Also AW's seem really popular. So thats why I went with it.

However, you've got a mini123. 4sevens rates the mini123's head to only 3v, which is regular non rechargeable battery voltage. Using the regular li-ions like the AW's would be overdriving the head which could lead to damage if you let it get too hot. So you might consider the LiFePO4's because they only put out 3v and are rechargeable. My Quark 123 tactical is rated up to the 4.2v that regular li-ions can put out.

But yeah I suggest doing some research on candlepowerforums first before you decide which battery and charger to buy. Very important decision.

(man where's branespload when you need him)

like f50 said, AW is higher quality, has protection in their circuits, have good reputation/reviews, etc. When dealing with li-ion batteries it's important that you get high quality ones that you can trust to avoid the possibility of explosion or frying your pocket/or light. There's no real need for 6x750mahs especially if you have a 1x123 light. You'd need maybe 2 and you're fine. The 750mAh might also be overreported and it would underperform.

Remember though that if you have a mini 123 it's rated for 3.0V not for the voltage, because the circuit can handle the voltage, but the actual mass of the light is so low there's little mass to act as a heatsink in thermal dissipation (q=mc∆t). so if you want, you CAN use the aw rcr123s which reach a max of 4.2V, just make sure you properly heatsink the light and don't run it on turbo for extended periods of time.

also sorry i havent been checking in or updating the blog as much, im busy with finals and such.

getting the hook ups on a xm18 for $350. only problem is it's got a flipper ;-;

The xm18 looks like a great knife. Even with flipper! And you can't beat $350! I would've of gotten that instead of the sebenza to save some money. But civilian price tag is too high T_T.

you get that from goinggear.com? grabbed some 4sevens gear myself there last week - super keen for it to arrive

i got it from amazon 3 days before finding out about the sale. oh welll

and thanks f50 and branes, a lot of helpful info

The Preon 2 I ordered for my dad came in today. Man this thing is awesome. 160 lumens just on AAA's? Makes my Quark 123 tactical kind of jealous........................ It's such a great size too. Shorter than a pen, and not too thick. Thick enough so that it provides a really nice beam; wide coverage but still a lot of light at the center.

His birthday isnt for another couple of weeks so I'm thinking if he comes up with something that he wants, I may just be keeping this baby.

getting the hook ups on a xm18 for $350. only problem is it's got a flipper ;-;

That's a great price, almost unbelievable as it is lower than table price. Just double check to make sure it's not a counterfeit, as there are some pretty good ones out there.