edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

welp i have a d2 military and a cf/s30v military on the way

but i'll still hang onto the strider for now :)

welp i have a d2 military and a cf/s30v military on the way

but i'll still hang onto the strider for now :)

thats the spirit!!!

Finally sent payment to Rick for the XM-18 3.5 flipper. after 6 years its time for a new EDC knife...

chris reeves are nice knives...aesthetically. i guess they would be able to hold up to hard use, but nothing like a strider or hinderer.

personally, i think CR knives are overpriced for the purpose they serve.

but they are super nice.. i had a sebenza i couldn't justify keeping. thinking of getting an mnandi cause it's so damn classy

Token, have you ever considered a Chris Reeves knife?

I'm mainly holding off of them because I'm never going to pay over 150$ for a knife using s30v.

If he were to start using nicer blade steels... Yum!

sup brah

oh yea, ive had my fair share of sebbies in both s30v and bg-42 (old school)

i really like the feel in hand, fit and finish. HOWEVER

I think its absolutely ridiculous that CRK will void your "lifetime" warranty if you send it in and they determine you were "flicking" the knife open...basically if you dont keep your thumb on the stud the entire way through and your lockup wears out...you send it back...tough shit for you...

for touting himself as "the godfather of the frame-lock" its pretty fucking stupid that you cant flick the blade out in a speedy manner without wondering whether your lockup will ever be replaced...

the sebenzas are sharp as shit and clean looking, but another thing that just drives me crazy is that ever the SMALLEST rub against anything will cause scratch marks on the handle. Now i know many people will say "oh bro thats how you give it character" - well fuck that shit - i dont want "character" on my knife from a penny rubbing against it while its clipped in my pocket...thats just idiotic...i've seen a full DLC sebenza and that was the shit...not gonna lie about that

oh, and blade steel...the switched out to the s35VN but i HATE that "idaho made" stamp on the lockside...its hideous. fucking henious to put that shit there and totally ruin the clean lines of the sebenza...so disappointed that CR basically said "fuck you guys" on BF when everyone started complaining

how is your TSF treating you man?

ive heard from reliable sources that it is, infact the truth

i have no idea how they would actually be able to tell though...lockup shifts over time esp if the tang of the blade isnt ramped

maybe a wear spot develops where the stop pin hits...something like that

thats the spirit!!!

Finally sent payment to Rick for the XM-18 3.5 flipper. after 6 years its time for a new EDC knife...

mmm tasty

just my .02

i really liked the non flipper xm18 over the flipper

it feels like the balance point is off on the xm's...mine was really really stiff when trying to flip it...that was out of the box with no lubing on the pivot...so thats probably why

they are hardcore knives though...what steel will you be getting? The last one i got was cts-hxp, but i know he uses s35vn and standard s30v as well...what scale color??!

:D:D

I think its absolutely ridiculous that CRK will void your "lifetime" warranty if you send it in and they determine you were "flicking" the knife open...basically if you dont keep your thumb on the stud the entire way through and your lockup wears out...you send it back...tough shit for you...

for touting himself as "the godfather of the frame-lock" its pretty fucking stupid that you cant flick the blade out in a speedy manner without wondering whether your lockup will ever be replaced...

that's a myth that reeve debunked over at BF

he warns against wrist-flicking a knife open over and over while you watch nascar - there is no harm in thumb flicking

i thumb flick my sebbie all day and my lockbar hasn't traveled much if at all

i really like the sebenza a lot

i haven't had to use CR customer service, so i can't comment on that

Quick pocket dump. Im playing Mommy today so im lightening the load a tad. No 2 and 3 knives for today...

SDC10554.jpg

GoRuck hat

Marathon Jsar on Maratac Band

Quark R5

Fisher pen

Benchmade Auto Stryker

IH wallet.

Blackberry perl flip

Keys with;

-Brass trigger snap and brass split ring

-Copper maratac AAA flashlight

-CountyComm prybar

-Swisstech multi tool

-Handcuff keys

my daughter won't eat them with the skin on

:confused:

then i have to cut the apple into tiny pieces

this is a big part of what my edc knives have to do every day

See my 3 year old WONT eat the apple with the skin OFF. last time I skinned it for him about a year and a half ago he just looked at me crazy...

they are hardcore knives though...what steel will you be getting? The last one i got was cts-hxp, but i know he uses s35vn and standard s30v as well...what scale color??!

:D:D

Im 99.9% sure the current batch is cts-hxp. Got the Orange scales on order for right now. Next week I think Im going to cop a black, trans green, OD, and pond scales. Im a sucker for anything brass or Orange so I MAY just hold off and see how having just the Orange goes...

EDIT,

Im glad to see a few other people think CR knives are overpriced for what they are. When I posted that I was sure I was going to get a bunch of "your a fucking idiot" comments...

The TSF is holding up excellent!

I havent had the opportunity to use it enough for me to be able to comment on the edge retention but other than that, it's pure genius.

Also, the knifemaker checked up on how I liked the knife and I told him that the longer thumbstud was making it a tad more difficult for me to slip the knife into my jeans ( oh hai sufu!) so he's sending out a shorter one for me.

Now that's some good service! ;)

The TSF is holding up excellent!

I havent had the opportunity to use it enough for me to be able to comment on the edge retention but other than that, it's pure genius.

Also, the knifemaker checked up on how I liked the knife and I told him that the longer thumbstud was making it a tad more difficult for me to slip the knife into my jeans ( oh hai sufu!) so he's sending out a shorter one for me.

Now that's some good service! ;)

that is damn good customer service for sure...s35vn blade right?

that's a myth that reeve debunked over at BF

he warns against wrist-flicking a knife open over and over while you watch nascar - there is no harm in thumb flicking

i thumb flick my sebbie all day and my lockbar hasn't traveled much if at all

i really like the sebenza a lot

i haven't had to use CR customer service, so i can't comment on that

i was not aware of this...thats good to know

so basically as long as you're not doing it compulsively then you should be ok...very nice

i still hate the 'idaho made' stamp that shit is just downright UGLY

oooh but i did see a sebenza with a carbon fiber scale...that was dead sexy

Im 99.9% sure the current batch is cts-hxp. Got the Orange scales on order for right now. Next week I think Im going to cop a black, trans green, OD, and pond scales. Im a sucker for anything brass or Orange so I MAY just hold off and see how having just the Orange goes...

EDIT,

Im glad to see a few other people think CR knives are overpriced for what they are. When I posted that I was sure I was going to get a bunch of "your a fucking idiot" comments...

very cool, ive heard great things about the cts blade steel..i had the manix sprint run with the xhp and just a few swipes on the sharpmaker got it back to razor...

speaking of brass...did you see the new lanyard beads hinderer knives just released? They are pretty nifty...although i am not a big lanyard fan...the beads are just downright cool AND they come in brass, flamed ti and standard ti

dont forget to get the carbon fiber scale too!

Just went to Hinderers site, I kind of miss the old shitty one, haha.

Might get a xm24 this summer, would be nice.

i was fortunate to get an xm-24 when they were first released...i was not impressed. A knife that is already as overbuilt as a hinderer just becomes prohibitively bulky when manufactured to those dimensions. The flipper action on it was not phenomenal either...just too large and heavy of a blade for it to be a decent flipper in any way...maybe a non flipper would be better

i really like the ruggedness of the hinderers but i think nowadays the only way i would spring for one if if i got a custom handground with a thinner edge...or different grind style...the slicers or spantos come to mind...

that, and the damn thing kept on pulling my pants down...they are REALLY heavy...and this is after i had been messing with a framelock AR...even the AR carried better than the xm-24

for the cost (i believe from Rick they are around 700ish) there are MANY better knives out there for that price...

I'd have to get my hands on one, and I thought they were more in the 500 range. It's one of the few knives that I wanted immediately when I saw it. I need to get some other gear before then.

Mystery Ranch 3 day assault. MR is the 'next level' of gear from Dana Gleason, formerly of Dana Design. I have 3 Dana Design packs, and they are well worth the money.

http://www.mysteryranch.com/s.nl/c.999464/sc.12/category.1975/.f

Mmmm multicam...

media.nl?id=763&c=999464&h=4824f843710a468e275f

very cool, ive heard great things about the cts blade steel..i had the manix sprint run with the xhp and just a few swipes on the sharpmaker got it back to razor...

speaking of brass...did you see the new lanyard beads hinderer knives just released? They are pretty nifty...although i am not a big lanyard fan...the beads are just downright cool AND they come in brass, flamed ti and standard ti

dont forget to get the carbon fiber scale too!

I did see the beads and almost bought like 5. Even though they are only 10 bucks a pop I still backed off.

For some reason, CF is just not my thing. Ti yes, CF not so much...

for the cost (i believe from Rick they are around 700ish) there are MANY better knives out there for that price...

But the only way to get them from Rick is if you are military, LEO, Fire or paramedic. And if you are you get a 10% discount. So you would actually get it for 630. Still steep for it IMO.

I ended up getting the 3.5 for 350.