edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Obviously not brane but the Arc AAA light is highly recommended: http://www.arcflashlight.com/arc-aaa.shtml

I think it's the smalled AAA light available, or that I know of.

I have a Fenix LD01: http://www.amazon.com/Fenix-mini-LD01-Lumens-Flashlight/dp/B001K3HJXM

I am not sure how many lumens the Arc has but the LD01 has 80 (max).

both of those lights are practically obsolete models. Arc AAA is still using 5mm nichia LEDs, they are like the enthusiast's Fenix E01, on paper anyway.

the LD01 isn't too remarkable compared to the Preon offerings from 4sevens and there is a huge market of those mid-range 1xAAA anyway...

but you missed the point that he asked for a FLESH light and not a flashlight. ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

both of those lights are practically obsolete models. Arc AAA is still using 5mm nichia LEDs, they are like the enthusiast's Fenix E01, on paper anyway.

the LD01 isn't too remarkable compared to the Preon offerings from 4sevens and there is a huge market of those mid-range 1xAAA anyway...

but you missed the point that he asked for a FLESH light and not a flashlight. ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I did miss that. **swoosh**

Anyways, the reason I like those lights is their size. They fit in your pocket without being intrusive and bulging out.

I actually haven't ever looked at the Preon before, just the Quark. I'll pick up a Preon in the future though.

^ i believe they come with the swivel and the gate clip isn't included. you can buy swivels here and gate clips here although that clip on the lummi looks bead blasted.

Thanks Dufman! Appreciated. Picked up a couple swivels to play with.

I picked up an LD01 for like $10 from REI online and I agree that it's a little weak even for a backup/AAA light. I'm glad to have it on my keychain, but I'll look for something like the Preon in the future.

im going to honduras for a a week and a half. Apparently the area im staying in is pretty rough and doesn't always have electricity or clean water...

Could you guys give me some suggestions on some essential stuff i might want to have on me? Much Thanks.

im going to honduras for a a week and a half. Apparently the area im staying in is pretty rough and doesn't always have electricity or clean water...

Could you guys give me some suggestions on some essential stuff i might want to have on me? Much Thanks.

You could get a steripen to sterilize the water: http://www.backcountry.com/hydro-photon-steripen-adventurer-opti

Or a Katadyn water purifier: http://www.katadyn.com/usen/katadyn-products/products/katadynshopconnect/katadyn-water-filters-ultralight-series-products/katadyn-mini-1/

And a USB solar charger would be handy: http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/travelpower/c5a7/?cpg=froogle

Other than that...

Backpack

Camera (extra batteries!)

water bottle

pocket knife/multi-tool

handkerchief

flashlight

Made this today.

Been using my ladybug and persistence to cut 13 oz leather. Surprisingly even the ladybug slices through quite nicely, although with less leverage. The ladybug is a lot easier for cutting curves because of the skinny blade, but for straight cuts flat grind wins.

Using another strip of leather to strop.

15yjho3.jpg

And i'll throw in a watch lume for fun.

dy93r4.jpg

I have that particular toothbrush and am generally happy with it. I keep it in my bag for those times when I am out and about and need to clean my teeth. It is one of my most consistently used pieces of EDC - much more than something like a knife or flashlight.

It is worth noting that it is not stainless steel - it is a chromed plastic - if that really matters to you. Also, it is not as small as it might appear. I feel like it could have been made smaller with a bit more design revision.

ordo, thanks for chiming in.

I don't necessarily need stainless steel, and I don't need super compact either, so I okay with those apsects of that toothbrush. The only thing I find offputting is the handful of negative reviews for it on Amazon, specifically the ones saying it broke after a few uses. However, I'm not really that rough on stuff (especially toothbrushes??)

I'm mainly looking for something with an appealing looking design and a decent build quality. If nobody chimes in by this evening with a better option I am going to pick up the OSHO.

got my leaf storm over the weekend. took a little while to get used to (the action is a bit different than my dragonfly and it's a lighter) but so far i'm diggin it. i've seen some negative reviews on the lack of a choil but personally i like it without. especially for food prep it seems to keeps any liquids (say, juice from slicing an apple) further away from the pivot and out of the inside of the knife. not sure if that was the intent or not but wilkins does make a lot of kitchen knives.

5426475072_6b6519eb89_z.jpg

the blade stock is super thick and the hollow grind along with high quality steel makes for crazy sharp edge.