edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Wanted to stick to getting a smaller knife but after watching reviews and hearing Sal talk about the FRN UKPK, I copped. It's 3" which is bigger than I would have liked, but there are a lot of things very attractive about it. Leaf blade, 1.9 oz, G10 grip pattern on FRN, wire clip, etc. And it was $40.

Also bought a Seiko 7002 diver. Dad has the 6309 turtle case but those go for a lot more than I got the 7002 for. Pepsi bezel and Singapore tho so :/ Figured whatever, pepsi bezel aint THAT bad and I got it for a decent price. Hopefully condition is okay. Think the seller uses stock pictures. Gonna have to wait like 5 weeks tho from the Philippines.

Probably going to pick up some cheap IEM's from amazon too. Looking at the MEElectonics M6 in black. Supposedly one of the best in the price range. Anyone got any other suggestions for entry level IEM's in the sub $50 range? My ipod + earbuds are constantly coming in and out of my bag which is why I dont want to spring for a more expensive pair that i'll probably bust.

I upgraded my pocket knife from Kershaw Chive to Spyderco Dragonfly with the G10 scales. I have to say I'm impressed. The quality and the finishing of the thing is like from a swiss watch! It's small enough for me to comfortably carry in every situation but has a big enough handle for my palm (compared to chive).

I was in the same boat as you a couple weeks back. My relationships with IEMs are too often short-lived so I wasn't looking to spend too much on them anymore.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-138-iems-compared-meelectronics-cx21-cw31-added-01-26

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/450407/multiple-iem-shootout-v-3

I found both of these good reads. Looked around the web and found that their positive reviews were echoed by many others.

Probably going to pick up some cheap IEM's from amazon too. Looking at the MEElectonics M6 in black. Supposedly one of the best in the price range. Anyone got any other suggestions for entry level IEM's in the sub $50 range? My ipod + earbuds are constantly coming in and out of my bag which is why I dont want to spring for a more expensive pair that i'll probably bust.

if anyones looking for a quality bag..

goruck is pretty legit. i did their challenge and the pictures are finally up.. we used the bags to carry some pretty heavy logs and held it at the straps... well its been almost 3 weeks since the challenge.. and my bag still looks new

179844_10100516799002534_8379167_70768253_7868940_n.jpg

first post makes it pretty obvious what the thread is about. and thats every day carry. there are 634 pages, thats a lot to go through about multitools. How is asking a question about something that you will potentially add to your EDC not on the subject of EDC?

perhaps ive been so overexposed to EDC that every question is a question ive seen answered before, sorry if i seem harsh

but the skeletool is a widely popular leatherman model and there is plenty of information about it on various forums, reviews and all

and if im not mistaken your man purse question derailed the thread into discussion of why to neg you and metrosexual american indians, smh.

from what ive handled i prefer leatherman to gerber, but from what ive heard, victorinox is even better

not a big fan of the skeletool

not very comfortable to use

and i don't like multitools with plain-edge blades (redundant since i carry a dedicated PE knife)

plus, the bit driver is annoying, hard to use without a bit extender, and not super functional unless you get the bit kit (which defeats the purpose of having a skeletonized lightweight multitool)

the victorinox swisstool spirit is great

it has a serrated butterknife (!) and everything i need in a multitool

plus it is comfortable to use

and not ugly (important)

Skeletool is cool at first, but once you realize you dont need pliers and a bit driver everyday (which I'm assuming you dont), then all youre left with is a sub par edc blade.

But if all the functions of the skeletool are necessary without needing additional tools, then its perfect.

EDC and metrosexual American Indians saved my life.

But yeah skeletool is a no go for me. I'd rather carry my wave. It has it's uses, but I just don't really like the features on it. Some people love them though, so it's hard say if you'll like it.

Not really EDC related, more backpacking/camping. I was on a weekend practical for my mountaineering class, and just as we started our midnight hike on our rope teams (4 people on one rope, equidistant apart) my headlamp flops down because the hinge came loose. Luckily I had my wave, and a secondary light, and was able to fix it in about 3 minutes.

Also used it to open a stubborn cap from a white gas bottle, which was needed to fuel our stoves to melt and boil snow.

just got an email from 4Sevens about the upcoming Maelstrom S12, which has an output of 800 lumens! :eek:

The S12 is the new benchmark for ultra compact, insanely bright tactical and duty flashlights. It is the smallest flashlight in the world to use the SST-90 emitter.

It features both current and thermal regulation - this means it can take serious abuse and be exposed to harsh conditions, but it will automatically control its output to protect its own guts. That means you don't worry about your light - you just use it.

The S12 also runs off one of our own special lithium-ion rechargeable batteries. It's called a 26650, and it packs enough energy to power the S12 at 800 lumens for an entire 90 minutes.

product page: http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?products_id=2583

and there's a limited edition here: http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?products_id=2584

I was in the same boat as you a couple weeks back. My relationships with IEMs are too often short-lived so I wasn't looking to spend too much on them anymore.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-138-iems-compared-meelectronics-cx21-cw31-added-01-26

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/450407/multiple-iem-shootout-v-3

I found both of these good reads. Looked around the web and found that their positive reviews were echoed by many others.

I'm not an audiophile but what is the word on Shures? I had a pair of the SE115s but lost them when they fell out of my pocket at some point. Are there other brands I should know of? I don't really want o have to join another forum and getting addicted another way to spend my money.

I've also had my eye on ThinkSound but not sure if they are form over function or not.

And before someone gets their panties in a twist... I carry headphones daily for when I'm on the train and at work.

perhaps ive been so overexposed to EDC that every question is a question ive seen answered before, sorry if i seem harsh

but the skeletool is a widely popular leatherman model and there is plenty of information about it on various forums, reviews and all

and if im not mistaken your man purse question derailed the thread into discussion of why to neg you and metrosexual american indians, smh.

from what ive handled i prefer leatherman to gerber, but from what ive heard, victorinox is even better

yea i dont really know why it went to that. i was obviously taken WAY to literally on the things i used as adjectives, sorry for that tho.

ill look into them all, ive never really carried a knife or multitool outside of boyscouts lol

^ nah. i won't carry assisted openers in my state.

i don't "get" ZT, or say, Cold Steel, or many of the other macho knives

i give strider a pass for reminding me of the late 80s side-scrolling arcade game of the same name; strider knives are cartoony in an appealing venice-beach graffiti kind of way

^ nah. i won't carry assisted openers in my state.

i don't "get" ZT, or say, Cold Steel, or many of the other macho knives

i give strider a pass for reminding me of the late 80s side-scrolling arcade game of the same name; strider knives are cartoony in an appealing venice-beach graffiti kind of way

They are somewhat overbuilt for most EDCers in here, but they just feel SOLID in your hand, can't really describe it. Kind of fun to know that you're carrying something that beastly.

I'll let you guys know how the S35VN steel holds up! I cut a fuck ton of cardboard at work so it could be a good proving ground for edge retention!

Unless no one gives a shit lol...

Shut up Loz (jk i still like you)