edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Wait what? You think I'm trolling? I linked those because they're relevant, people were discussing grappling hooks. Those grappling hooks collapse and would easily fit into a messenger bag or backpack.

My point is, having one on hand if you work a high rise would actually be fairly useful in the event that something happened. Even if you fucked up your hands and even fell the last 3-4 stories, at least you'd survive. They would definitely increase your chances of survival.

But yeah... fine let's move on.

I'm sort of interested what you would do with the grappling hook if you had to escape your building? Really, what maneuver would you be doing? Zip-line from your window to the building across the street?

I'm looking to switch up my back up blade (Spyderco T-Mag) for another knife.

I'm stuck in between the Spyderco Manix 2 or the Sog Visionary 1.

If you guys have any experience with either one of these, let me know what you think!

I'm leaning towards the Sog right now just because of the VG-10 blade.

so i was using my mini cr2 (only a month or so old) tonight (turned on for about 5 min, on high) when the beam starts to falter and flicker slightly. It has probably seen <1hr of use, so i doubt it's the battery, but i've got a bunch of spares. It also got very hot after only being on for a few minutes. Is this common for the light or is this thing faulty?

Picked up a few new items...

Fenix E05 R2 keychain flashlight

Leatherman Micra (black)

Thermos 18oz stainless steel water bottle (charcoal)

Survival Strap (black w/ stainless hardware)

Will post a pocket dump one of these days I swear.

I'm looking to switch up my back up blade (Spyderco T-Mag) for another knife.

I'm stuck in between the Spyderco Manix 2 or the Sog Visionary 1.

If you guys have any experience with either one of these, let me know what you think!

I'm leaning towards the Sog right now just because of the VG-10 blade.

I have sprint run Manix 2 with orange g10 and ffg s30v. I couldn't be happier with it. The ball lock is awesome, and the ergonomics are great. The choil and jimping are aggressive which is nice. When it's in my hand it just feels very natural.

so i was using my mini cr2 (only a month or so old) tonight (turned on for about 5 min, on high) when the beam starts to falter and flicker slightly. It has probably seen <1hr of use, so i doubt it's the battery, but i've got a bunch of spares. It also got very hot after only being on for a few minutes. Is this common for the light or is this thing faulty?

Not sure about the battery, but it may be dead depending on consumption, but most lights will get hot if they're on max for more than a few minutes.

were you holding the light at all to heatsink it? if you left it on high for 5 minutes out in the open air, it can get pretty warm

try cleaning the threads and contacts of the light -- if theres a buildup of metal shavings or something somewhere, it could cause a short… i havent heard of parasitic drain in 47 lights but if u have that, it could be the culprit.. unlikely tho

Aight guys, I've narrowed down my satchel (YES satchel, not man purse. Indiana Jones carried a satchel and NO ONE fucked with him) choice to these two, but im torn from here.

The first one is 6"x8" and if I get it I'll probably get dark coffee brown. im worried that this one may be too small for what i want to carry and I might look too american indian

http://www.amazon.com/Saddleback-Leather-Co-Pouch-Chestnut/dp/B001M5A2XW?&camp=212361&creative=383957&linkCode=waf&tag=legstalkcom-20

The second one I'm looking at is about $150 more, is 8" x 10" x 3" and I'll probably get the tobacco brown or dark coffee brown. maybe black but imo blacks a bit TOO gay and i can only pull off so much metro

http://www.amazon.com/Grain-Leather-Satchel-Chestnut-Theyll/dp/B002VI927Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1296357964&sr=1-1&searchContext=B002VI927Q,B001M5A2XW,B0041E5DF8,B001GLGW0O,B001GLMTRY,B001GLGV7I,B0024YXG10,B003F9VP6G,B004EB8SS2,B002VIEFIC,B002VIB5MQ,B003JX0T1U

both have 100 year warantees (wtf lol)

I'll be carrying in it:

A knife

Wallet

Phone

Condoms

small CIAK

gum

deck of cards

Aight guys, I've narrowed down my satchel (YES satchel, not man purse. Indiana Jones carried a satchel and NO ONE fucked with him) choice to these two, but im torn from here.

The first one is 6"x8" and if I get it I'll probably get dark coffee brown. im worried that this one may be too small for what i want to carry and I might look too american indian

http://www.amazon.com/Saddleback-Leather-Co-Pouch-Chestnut/dp/B001M5A2XW?&camp=212361&creative=383957&linkCode=waf&tag=legstalkcom-20

The second one I'm looking at is about $150 more, is 8" x 10" x 3" and I'll probably get the tobacco brown or dark coffee brown. maybe black but imo blacks a bit TOO gay and i can only pull off so much metro

http://www.amazon.com/Grain-Leather-Satchel-Chestnut-Theyll/dp/B002VI927Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1296357964&sr=1-1&searchContext=B002VI927Q,B001M5A2XW,B0041E5DF8,B001GLGW0O,B001GLMTRY,B001GLGV7I,B0024YXG10,B003F9VP6G,B004EB8SS2,B002VIEFIC,B002VIB5MQ,B003JX0T1U

both have 100 year warantees (wtf lol)

I'll be carrying in it:

A knife

Wallet

Phone

Condoms

small CIAK

gum

deck of cards

Can everybody neg this dude please? Bolded for your convenience.

Aight guys, I've narrowed down my satchel (YES satchel, not man purse. Indiana Jones carried a satchel and NO ONE fucked with him).

Actually TONS of people fucked with him: Nazis, angry native tribes, bullwhip-wielding dudes, ghosts of the knights of the round table, etc. But, I get your point.

2nd bag is better. Looks like vintage camera bag, and will be more versatile. 1st one looks too Pony Express meets German tourist (no offense to the fine Deutsche-landers out there)

Actually TONS of people fucked with him: Nazis, angry native tribes, bullwhip-wielding dudes, ghosts of the knights of the round table, etc. But, I get your point.

2nd bag is better. Looks like vintage camera bag, and will be more versatile. 1st one looks too Pony Express meets German tourist (no offense to the fine Deutsche-landers out there)

thanks. im leaning that way too. comments on colors?

Can everybody neg this dude please? Bolded for your convenience.

hey its bad to put them in your wallet and stuff, they ruin that way. and I can only pull off so much metro.

can we PLEASE go back to talking about grappling hooks, or possibly which skateboard decks are best in a self defense situation?

I'm gonna go w/ longboards, since they give you extended reach.

Back on track: My Fenix LD-20 came today! Excited to get a battery in it. Pocket dump to follow...

Quick question for you EDCers. Does anyone know if there is a specific name for the "weave" knot (maybe its not considered a knot?) that you see on some survival bracelets?

I want to make one and from what I read, this weave allows you to carry a longer length of cord then the normal cobra knot. But I cant find any good "how-to" sites for the weave. im thinking if I have an actual name for it I can find some good instructions. Instructables has a good one but since I dont have an account, it wont let me expand 80% of the pictures.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.