edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Might want to check the LA Police Gear 3 Day Backpack for $30.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/diplomat-3-day-backpack1.html

I might try out that LA police gear bag. anyone try it? 30 bucks? why not.

I'm honestly going to say that the rush backpack is one of the best products I own. Extremely nice construction and amazing compactness for it's storage capacity. It also keeps everything very well organized and easy to reach.

It's an easy 5 out of 5. I got the 24 for 100 shipped off of eBay.

I would suggest going for the 24 since it's an average sized bag already.

I think the 24 might be too big for me. I'm gonna use this for walking around campus for classes and whatnot. I'll only have a 16'' laptop and 3-4 notebooks. what do you think?

EDIT: just picked up the police gear bag. it was around 42 bucks after shipping and tax

Gerber has really inconsistent quality. At $30, your money is better spent elsewhere.

Assuming you already have a dedicated light, you could grab a Leatherman Juice S2 for only $5 more with better build quality and more tools. Or if you want something more full-sized, you can get a Fuse for under $30.

i lurked this thread pretty hard last night, and now i'm pretty sure i'm gonna kop a pocket knife and small flashlight at least. i used to carry shit like this all the time when i was younger, not sure why i got away from it.

fucking superfuture... always got me spending moneys and shit

Sweet mother of fuck. Pretty much the perfect band, IMO. Thanks to the $225 price tag though, it's unlikely I will ever own one...

that band is just the culmination of hype and trendiness tho

Anyone see this story: http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/01/27/utah.base.lockdown/?hpt=T2

At least when the zombie outbreak occurs, it's likely the people in this thread will at least be prepared.

plz stop derailing this thread with vaguely 'relevant' stories

this thread is not about zombie outbreaks or anything like that

and next time you neg me with 'who cares' for positively moderating this thread when nobody else does, have a big enough peen for it to show red

thx

Gerber has really inconsistent quality. At $30, your money is better spent elsewhere.

Assuming you already have a dedicated light, you could grab a Leatherman Juice S2 for only $5 more with better build quality and more tools. Or if you want something more full-sized, you can get a Fuse for under $30.

Have you seen the Gerber Kick-Axe? It looked so awesome, it was basically a collapsible/folding axe. Anyways... they never produced it probably because like you said they have really inconsistent production quality and someone would've probably ended up hurting themselves badly.

I'd post pictures but I don't know how? Do you just use html? Can anyone link me to a how to? (sorry n00b here).

plz stop derailing this thread with vaguely 'relevant' stories

this thread is not about zombie outbreaks or anything like that

and next time you neg me with 'who cares' for positively moderating this thread when nobody else does, have a big enough peen for it to show red

thx

Dude quit bitching, that story is completely relevant in that it's a joke. You must be a real fun guy constantly bossing people around and getting some superiority trip.

Get a life dude.

Dude quit bitching, that story is completely relevant in that it's a joke. You must be a real fun guy constantly bossing people around and getting some superiority trip.

Get a life dude.

sorry, don't mind me, i have nothing else to contribute to this thread

Just find the image location/url and wrap it in image tags or use the little button with the picture of mountains on the post options.

kick-axe.jpg

And yeah, idk.. Gerber offers some nice products, but every other product I've owned has something wrong with it: misfitting parts, stiff joints and pivots even after oiling and loosening, poor finishing, etc.

anyway..guys..looking for suggestions for a pocketable single battery clicky flashlight i guess battery type..aa, aaa, cr123..?

had extra money in paypal, picked up an atwood larva =\

There are quite few throughout this thread.

Check the Fenix site and the 4 Sevens site for starters. Single AAA will usually not be as bright/last longer than cr123 but that's totally dependent on settings. I'm not a true light geek, so I don't want to get too detailed. I leave that to some of the more expert contributors on this thread ( there are a lot!)

My philosophy after owning and handling several battery config lighs is that CR123 is the best output/size ratio for your money, especially if your carrying system is something like a pocket. the pocket is inbetween the keychain and the bag, so i would ditch a 1xAAA as those don't last too long and aren't too bright…

when you get to 1xAA vs 1xCR123 it comes down to what you want -- the AA will be slightly longer, and sometimes (rarely) slimmer than a cr123. unless the flashlights circuitry is regulated for the decreased 1.5v voltage vs the 3v cr123a, you wont get the same output. an exception to this is for example, the zebralight sc51. it gets 193 lm OTF off a nimh AA rechargable battery, very impressive.

however, i find for my smaller hands, 1xAA is too long, and the energy density isnt as great as what you can get from a primary cr123

the cr123 configuration usually offers more max lumens, more runtime, and in a smaller (well, stouter) package. it adds girth to the light which i find important in grip and it isn't too long either.

1xAA is a more versatile option for backup batteries tho.

there are plenty of 1 cell lights out there, but my top 2 recommendations for 1xCR123 would be the Quark 123 by 4sevens or the Zebralight SC30. they operate very differently tho..

gl

that band is just the culmination of hype and trendiness tho
Am I the only one that doesn't fap to that watch band? It'll look dumb as hell when it's actually worn, I guarantee it. Your watch will be sticking half an inch off your wrist.

That strap was made only to be posted on tumblr to see how many likes it can get.

edit: Berndog gets it.

hype.gif

All of this may be true to some extent, but I don't agree. I've always liked the Nato band, but fabric bands always get smelly and look like shit after a year. Sure, they are not expensive to replace, but I love execution in a high quality leather.

Yeah, the whole the Horween wave can be a bit much, but that doesn't take away from it being a piece that can really last. In fact, I imagine one of these will be a pleasing, well-worn piece long after all the Tumblr masturbating has died off.

I'm not sure your watch would be so high off your wrist. That would depend on the watch to some degree. Also, as the strap softens, I'm sure it would be mitigated.