edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

i think its silly that ur using the knife and for that matter ur scissors on ur juice when u have a knife right next to u and probably have a real pair of scissors somewhere in the kitchen.

i think youre silly for thinking things are silly with a username like greasypeanut which is obviously a silly username silly (10)

my everyday carry is kinda half-assed I have to admit. but here's what I've got.

5313604951_34c47e143d_z.jpg

it's halfassed in the sense that it's my carry for when i actually remember to carry. the only things that are everyday without fail (mostly) are my watch, wallet, keys, and iPhone. and more or less my headphones.

I sure as hell need to remember to carry a knife though, or at least my micra, because I keep needing to use it.

come on brain how you going to post that and not drop some knowledge:

5314600671_6d0791c2ee.jpg

i understand that is some kind of ipod case you are using as a card holder? that's cool

is that a denim handkerchief? (Hill Side?) Been looking for something like that, especially during the summer

and what are the 2 flashlights?

currently looking for a edc bag (mainly to school and work)

anyone have suggestions?

i'll be riding my motorcycle to school and work on some days also....

was looking at the goruck bags and was thinking about doing the goruck challenge so i could get the bags for 50% off... let me know what you guys think

http://www.goruck.com/

did some research on the goruck bags too.. so far i've gotten mix reviews since they're so new...

currently looking for a edc bag (mainly to school and work)

anyone have suggestions?

i'll be riding my motorcycle to school and work on some days also....

was looking at the goruck bags and was thinking about doing the goruck challenge so i could get the bags for 50% off... let me know what you guys think

http://www.goruck.com/

did some research on the goruck bags too.. so far i've gotten mix reviews since they're so new...

go to ebay search "vintage leather backpacks" cop a dope unique deal.

Just throwing it out there, if thinking about ordering one, just note that these things are (kinda obviously) slow. I had a 4GB one wasn't liking the write/transfer speeds, so I just gave it over to my brother. I'd much rather have my Sandisk Cruzer that may be bigger, but still can fit on my keychain and perform well.

^ good looking gear, brane. i like the tinker on the hook. i used to try and keychain everything myself but have lately switched to clips. that way i can go back and forth between pocket carry and keychain depending on what i'm doing/wearing. here's what came to the office with me today: iphone in vaja case, worther clutch pencil, kaweco fountain pen, wallet by property of..., quark CR2 Ti, spyderco dragonfly, keychain w/ multi-key & SAK minichamp, eyeglasses, neuvo wristwatch.

5321634285_df831925e0_z.jpg

after getting my hands on a quark Ti, i really wish my 123 was Ti as well. hopefully they'll make some more one day.

nice one tigerprawn

the shot of green from the case mini trapper really steals the show

you gotta check out their chrome vanadium steel if you haven't already

really a lot of fun watching CV develop a patina and it gets scary sharp pretty easily - and it holds its edge. it put me off stainless steels for a while, but i recovered.

glad you like the dragonfly. it really kicks ass. it just jumps out of my pocket and cuts the shit out of everything. for 9 out of 10 things i cut in a day, the dragonfly gets to it first; the other one time, it is a bigger knife that hangs out in my backpocket.

anyway, nice set up.

Get Surefire batteries from them directly. They're the best 123a in terms of reliability and performance (imo) and also cheapest, USA made as well. I'm sure brane can chime in, but i just prefer to use Surefires as they are tried and true and have never failed me or my friends.

http://www.surefire.com/12-Pack-Batteries

ETA: I should also mention that the energizer e^2 batteries are identical to surefire batteries, but the surefires are much less expensive.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=67078

Tiger: your mini will scream off of RCR123s, they'd be visibly brighter than the primaries they came with. the tradeoff is you cant use the hi mode as long and youd have shorter battery life overall. if u want more lumens and less battery life, go for the rechargables.. if u dont mind and just want battery life you wont have to worry about as much, buy primaries.

i think like 35percent said, surefire is cheapest, but if for whatever reason you need other battery stuff, batteryjunction has 11% off right now til the 9th:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/sf-12-123a.html

code: THANKYOU2010 11% off your entire order

I dread my Gerber Shard. The only thing that it's really useful for is a small pry-bar or to use it as a small scraper. The weird curve makes the bottle opener nearly useless, so I end up just using my teeth or another bottle. The flat head is too thick and is at the end of the curve, too close to the other prong that creates the wire stripper. The Philips works okay, but making it relatively flat hinders it's usefulness because of the small threads.