edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

been had my eye on strider pt cc but honestly i have no justification for copping those higher end knives…

anyone got a personal limit for price on a piece of gear? for some reason, even though i like flashlights the most, i'd spend the least on one.. maybe $100 max.. then $150 max on a knife and maybe $200 max on a watch l o l

most my shiet ends up to be around the $50 mark :<

edit: also waddup early morn EDC fam

Haha don't get a Strider dude! Them fuckers are waaaaaay overbuilt for any type of EDC. Unless you're trying to murder people and your life depends on it, you would hate it.

They're amazing to look at tho... Yummmmm

that's what appeals to me

it is the other side of the coin to my repulsion of the idea of a macho warmonger knife

cartoon machismo

a knife designed to do stuff any knife-respecting person shouldn't ever do with a folding knife (pry, baton, throw, etc)

Then use a mousepad and sandpaper.

that's what i'm saying, i am down with that method because i like convexed edges, same effect with freehand sharpening on stones

Might want to read this before buying a Strider knife: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=453852

As far as price points on gear, it depends on what it is, how much I like it, and how much I'll use it, warranty issued, and reiews. My cutoff is about 150 for a light or knife, my manix that I just bought was American made, S30V, orange scales, sprint run and was $120, not too shabby in my opinion. I'd rather spend more money up front on something I like, know will work, and wont have to upgrade than saving some money on a piece I'm not 100% happy with.

also on my mind, strider sng (i love the con-artist fake spec-op mythos)

Might want to read this before buying a Strider knife: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=453852

yeah, read that

and i know about the QC issues

and their shitty attitude about customer service

and i'm not keen on the proprietary take down tool

and i am aware that their warranty is not as good as it used to be

DESPITE logic

i still want one

just to hate on, maybe

just picked up a mini CR2 Ti and a Worther aluminum clutch pencil. so far i'm stoked on both. i'm usually between $50-75 for my edc items. thinking about splurging on a leafstorm though.

5301082668_615afe51a6_z.jpg

anyone else with a Quark Ti notice a significant difference in smoothness of the threads? my regular 123 was pretty much butter right out of the box but the this new one seems really rough.

also, i can hear a high pitch frequency coming out of the light when its on low or med but not high. is this normal? my other quark doesnt make any noise so wasn't sure if it was something with the CR2s. sorry for the super specific questions, just thought i'd see if anyone else had similar issues.

lol wat dont you guys read reviews

even i personally said many times in this thread there is ti on ti grittiness and inductor whine unless you 'cleanly' switch modes (two hands, with good technique, etc)

but then again you guys are new here so eh idk

I feel the same way about Strider. I know they are a shady company to say the least, i know they are totally too much for my EDC needs, I know they are way overpriced. But I still want a PT like crazy, there's just something sexy about that thing. It's like the hot slutty girl you know you shouldn't mess with but you can't help flirting with her.

I was using the sandpaper/mousepad method on my Mini-Grip with no problems for a while, but I was given a Sharpmaker for x-mas and it's amazing how easy to use that thing is. Unless you are obsessed with learning freehand I highly recommend it for a typical EDC'er.

Does anyone else here have a Fenix PD30?

I am having some problems with mine. It doesn't seem to change brightness anymore. When I switch it to turbo it is the same bright as normal and when in normal mode and i tap the button to increase the brightness it stays the same. It still flashes under strobe and will still do the sos but it just doesn't get any brighter.

Could I need new batteries? I am a bit of a noob so I don't know how these better flashlight react when low on battery. I am used to it just shutting off one day.

Okay, sounds like your batteries are pretty much done. They don't have enough voltage to drive the max mode so you're stuck with the lowest brightness on every mode. Conversely, if you use RCR's with a max 4.2V you're gonna get max brightness in every mode.

Time for fresh batteries…

EDIT: the reason why the light dims instead of just dies is so you have some indication of when to change batteries. Imagine you're camping and using your light on full brightness then it immediately dies -- you're screwed… The dimming lets you know you can change batteries and at least gives you some light to locate your batteries and make sure they're oriented correctly etc…

^ how much did you pay for that keychain btw? that's just cordage with a bow shackle… o_O

crank bros? http://everyday-carry.com/post/858699772/submitted-by-twowords-picked-this-up-today

topeak? http://everyday-carry.com/post/1130813739/topeak-mini-20-pro-via-utility-journal-submitted

Regular price; I don't feel badabout supporting the company and don't have time to make one myself, but maybe in the future. Thanks for the terms (ie. cordage and bow shackle)!

The crank bros multi tool is solid and I'd definitely recommend it! I've had to use it to replace chain in a race and it worked perfectly.

Bought myself an orange manix 2 and a serrated native. Reviews/pictures when I get some extra time.

Happy holidays EDCers!

Thanks for the reply! Look forward to the reviews and pictures.

Haha that strider and slutty girl comparison is gold.

Same here... I would always love to have one or always want to 'upgrade' my knife.. Yet I know it's useless to get anything better than a Benchmade 940.

My ranges are about 150 for a knife, 60 for a light and I'm hoping 150 for watches but I might have to jump up to 250 :( Fuck trying to look steezy.

Oh and 50$ for a pen since I've tried ones made of metal. So good.

I personally dont give a fuck about what their history is...shit i dont even own any striders anymore...but with that being said..this is why the price is what it is...most people hate on strider because they cant afford it...thats the truth of the matter.

1) Thick, s30V bladestock...thicker than any spyderco, benchmade, or anything else out there...other than a hinderer..but then again, they are the same price

2) Solid, 1-piece g10 backspacer/handle slab = more materials used, more tools needed for clean milling and fitting

3) Thick framelock - the thickeness of the framelock is unparalleled - also, it is the highest quality 6al4v obtainable.

you tell any other knife company to produce the exact same specifications and mark my words, the price will be the same - if not more. I like the fact that i can do whatever i want to it, including trying pry, baton, pick, scrape, stab and maim the shit out of anything i want and if it gets fucked up i just send it back...how could you go wrong.

TokenIndianKid - Calm down, you're making it seem like people can't afford a $400 knife and are bitching because of that. i can respect the pricepoint because of the quality of build and materials, but as Lozinski said, it's overbuilt for a EDC blade. I also wouldn't want to carry a 9oz knife, or a blade much thicker that 4mm. If you want to, cool, go ahead, more power to you.

Started to carry my native, and although it's a bit smaller I think I'll be carrying it for a while. Serrated blade is nice, although I know it's going to be a bit of a pin to sharpen. It's also about 2 ounces less than my military and much shorter, so it's more comfortable to carry IWB.

This is my on-person EDC.

img0939e.jpg

Alfred sung watch

Benchmade 940

Iphone 4

AA Black wallet.. Probably going to get some random ass black leather wallet. My cowhide wallet was just too big...

In my bag and coat, I always have a spare blade (Spyderco T-MAG), my murdered out Sharbo X, my monster turbines with my MURDERED OUT slim ass ipod nano and my AA Fenix light. Can post pics later if I'm that bored.