edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

With AW you've made a great (the right?) choice. If you take care of your light and avoid over-discharging, the batteries should last a while. I bought an AW since I got my Quark Ti like maybe last summer or even earlier, and I havent had to buy new ones. I charge once every.. 6 weeks? don't even know. and I usually use mine on max brightness… you should be good.

^ awesome. thanks for the info. i'm a little new to rechargeables (most of my portable electronics have plug-in chargers) so didnt know what to expect. overdischarging, i'm guessing means exhausting the battery, correct? so i should try to recharge before they're completely dead?

PS saw my pocket dump on everyday-carry.com - psyched i made it on!

can someone talk me through buying a cell phone stun gun?

I figure I wouldn't be the #1 target for a mugging since I'm an early 20's male that doesn't flash the cash or dress to impress

...but there will always be the bigger fish that eats the smaller fish...

though chances are ill get group gang banged if it does happen, making the stun gun useless...

worth it/not worth it?

only in the edc thread...

It's an easy way to get pulled around in fight as someone usually grabs for your shirt, not to mention the choking hazard, or inability to quickly deploy the weapon quickly.

Stun guns are (in my opinion) not useful as you have to be in VERY close range, i.e. an arms length, to use it. They're also quite bulky to carry, and I believe a very poor defensive tool.

I'd suggest (if you carry anything) the Pepper Blaster / Guardian Angel from Kimber. Two independent shots @90mph, 10% OC, 13foot effective range, and an integrated clip for carry. A friend of mine (who works at Raven Concealment Systems) saw it demo'd and said it was a quality product. Also, if you're going to carry anything like this, I would recommend taking a basic defense and a pepper spray class.

$40 http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=148914

http://www.pepperblaster.com/

148914.jpg

There's some corny manufacturer's vids on youtube, but this one shows how it shoots pretty well:

Dv6NmqIrCCc

Taken by my friend Tom at Raven Concealment Systems, they're now offering orange and pink kydex (great for training as your eyes will pick up the color in your peripheral vision and help you to learn muscle memory). They primarily do holsters and mag holders, but they also do knife, flashlight, and custom orders. All 100% made in the USA down to the screws and components, and one of the best in the business. Read some reviews on forums if you're skeptical. If you order anything tell them 35percent sent you :)

Some other more badass/training pictures here - http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Raven-Concealment-Systems/305851175686

16391248001977568630585.jpg

It's an easy way to get pulled around in fight as someone usually grabs for your shirt, not to mention the choking hazard, or inability to quickly deploy the weapon quickly.

it was for a photoshoot, dawg.

@solix: idk man, i wouldnt trust my IEMs to an s-biner. clip looks like it might cause more problems, maybe not

i'm looking for some keychain advice. i've got one of these shitty remote fobs for my honda and i'm trying to find the best way to carry it:

5283967112_5a85b6717b_z.jpg

it's an aftermarket remote entry that was installed back when honda didn't offer oem keyless entry. the oem systems that they now use apparently work on a different frequency so i cant get one of the newer integrated keys without swapping out the whole system. the fob is pretty thick so no matter where i put it on a split ring it sticks out. my keyed entry is broken on my driver's side door so i have to carry both the key and fob. i'm looking into the zissou keychains (are they summitcreekdrygoods now?) but was wondering how they'd work with both a large key and a remote. anyone have any experience with these keychains/lanyards and a similar key setup? or have any other clever ways to carry a remote fob like this? oh and i already looked into chopping down the key and adding it to my mulitkey but there's a chip inside so that won't work.

any tips would be much appreciated!

i'm looking for some keychain advice. i've got one of these shitty remote fobs for my honda and i'm trying to find the best way to carry it:

5283967112_5a85b6717b_z.jpg

it's an aftermarket remote entry that was installed back when honda didn't offer oem keyless entry. the oem systems that they now use apparently work on a different frequency so i cant get one of the newer integrated keys without swapping out the whole system. the fob is pretty thick so no matter where i put it on a split ring it sticks out. my keyed entry is broken on my driver's side door so i have to carry both the key and fob. i'm looking into the zissou keychains (are they summitcreekdrygoods now?) but was wondering how they'd work with both a large key and a remote. anyone have any experience with these keychains/lanyards and a similar key setup? or have any other clever ways to carry a remote fob like this? oh and i already looked into chopping down the key and adding it to my mulitkey but there's a chip inside so that won't work.

any tips would be much appreciated!

First Step Get a Dremel

Second Step TEAR SHIT UP.

Scion Key

2824092651_0ab87a1f2b.jpg

Stripped Key in fob: Dremel out a hole for the key.

2825554150_e1cb2ab72f.jpg

Key and fob: Together and Apart.

2828060577_08a5145754.jpg

Only problem is that you cant do it inside if you don't have space inside the fob. The key have a big plastic cap on it you can cut that off and reduce the amount of space it takes up.

@reckless: nice diy job on that

@joey: you are essentially looking at a bow shackle for your keys on a split ring with some 25mm mcgizmo clips made of stainless steel for much less than the cost of 4 mcgizmo brand clips on their own. i'd say at that price it doesnt hurtj just to try it -- if you dont like it at least you have some nice hardware to use on other stuff.

First Step Get a Dremel

Second Step TEAR SHIT UP.

Scion Key

2824092651_0ab87a1f2b.jpg

Stripped Key in fob: Dremel out a hole for the key.

2825554150_e1cb2ab72f.jpg

Key and fob: Together and Apart.

2828060577_08a5145754.jpg

Only problem is that you cant do it inside if you don't have space inside the fob. The key have a big plastic cap on it you can cut that off and reduce the amount of space it takes up.

how old is your scion? my honda element is an '03 and the manual said there was a chip inside the key that has to be present. is that in your setup somewhere? also, how do you attach that to your keychain? it doesnt look like there's any holes once the new key is in there.

how old is your scion? my honda element is an '03 and the manual said there was a chip inside the key that has to be present. is that in your setup somewhere? also, how do you attach that to your keychain? it doesnt look like there's any holes once the new key is in there.

it is an 05 Scion XB

The Scion uses the same housing that all Toyota used. I opened the fob up and it have a space that i could use to fit the key in because I don't have a trunk open button. I attached it to my keys with an eye that I stole from a neck lanyard.

Attached to the key chain.

2839791196_322818efb1.jpg

Inside.

2825554522_da0ea43938.jpg

If you have a Honda Element look into Acura's flip key. My brother converted his key over like that.

what do you mean by no color? the original leafstorm has a clear g10 scale.

the wilkinsgrip line might interest you:

http://www.wilkins-knives.com/griptilikins/griptilikins_e.html

there is no readily available handle replacement for the leafstorm, though.

for the balisong comb, i got mine from http://pinoysteel.com. Give Jay an email at sales [at] pinoysteel dot com and tell him Bernard sent you. I just got one in kamagong and stainless steel sent to me, really nice stuff.