edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

sup.

how do you (everyone) carry your light? i've been carrying my mini 123 on my keychain, but the janky little split ring busted yesterday. i'm just carrying in my back pocket opposite my wallet for now, but i'm curious how you guys carry. if anyone is doing a lanyard carry, how did you attach it to the light? the hole for the split ring is tiny.

Even though shipping is a bitch, this is the best price I could find:

http://www.combattactical.com/boker-voxknives-gnome-p-79483.html

It seems like a nifty secondary knife, and the canvas micarta looks gorgeous. Think it might have to be a birthday present to myself. Deciding between this and the Boker Rhino, which seems like the perfect backpacking cooking knife.

http://images.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/boker/images/02BO271.jpg

sup.

how do you (everyone) carry your light? i've been carrying my mini 123 on my keychain, but the janky little split ring busted yesterday. i'm just carrying in my back pocket opposite my wallet for now, but i'm curious how you guys carry. if anyone is doing a lanyard carry, how did you attach it to the light? the hole for the split ring is tiny.

i carry my regular 123 in my back right pocket wedged next to my wallet to keep it vertical. it's the most convenient way i've found so far. i've seen some decent looking lanyards tied on lights before, like at the midpoint of the mini (where its thinner) otherwise you have to attach to a split ring.

here's a question, anyone have any thoughts on preventing jean wear? i'm fine with denim wearing a bit but the lifespan of my jeans are usually determined by how long it takes for my wallet to blow out my back pocket. i've started to carry a diy handkerchief (just a folded up piece of old denim) very similar to branespload's last pick (swap phone for wallet) except i have the hanky on the outside of my wallet & quark to act like a buffer between them and the pocket.

here's a question, anyone have any thoughts on preventing jean wear? i'm fine with denim wearing a bit but the lifespan of my jeans are usually determined by how long it takes for my wallet to blow out my back pocket. i've started to carry a diy handkerchief (just a folded up piece of old denim) very similar to branespload's last pick (swap phone for wallet) except i have the hanky on the outside of my wallet & quark to act like a buffer between them and the pocket.

if you are really worried about it, stitch a cotton pocket liner into your back pockets.

Think this is the only code that could be working currently (EDIT: dammit bern). Only 10%

holiday2010

ps: the 4sevens satin Ti lights are kind of ugly..

ALSO. looks like x-kaijin-x is stocking some classy s-biners.

http://cgi.ebay.com/S-Style-SNAP-NICKEL-CLIP-HOOK-Key-Ring-Fob-Hardware-/220704708417?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3363069741#ht_4894wt_1289

nwklcm.png

I just got a black coolhook from =sumi=/x-kaijin-x in the mail (but I'm stranded on campus at the moment) so I will show you guys what I plan to do with that later…

going to try to get a pocket dump going for you guys one of these days~~

I am assuming it's anodized and not painted; oven cleaner. Let it sit on there for a a while, polish with Simichrome or other metal polish.

I have also heard of this oven cleaner then polish method. A bunch of people over on bikeforums have tried it on anodized bike parts with success.

^ lol too late, USN people already added me to their 'shit list' for not crediting that or something, as if i stole it. hate the internet

but yeah i already got that photo cred. thx anyway

Even though shipping is a bitch, this is the best price I could find:

http://www.combattactical.com/boker-voxknives-gnome-p-79483.html

It seems like a nifty secondary knife, and the canvas micarta looks gorgeous. Think it might have to be a birthday present to myself. Deciding between this and the Boker Rhino, which seems like the perfect backpacking cooking knife.

http://images.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/boker/images/02BO271.jpg

from my understanding combattactical is a shady site

http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297_429&products_id=2564

haha god.. sorry guys

this is kinda ridic. 4sevens is making new lights every week. this is the "Mini X" which uses the new XM-L package in a T6 flux bin. so all your R5s to S2s are dimmer than T6.

this is why im going to keep holding off on a new flashlight…

sorry if you guys already pulled the trigger on these 123s. the bright side (no stupid flashaholic pun intended) is that if you didnt hop on these just yet you're saving yourself money + hassle of buying new technology on launch.. 4sevens is still a new company and it's hard to standardize and QC bleeding edge tech. the tint on these might be atrocious or the beam pattern may be weird, nobody knows for sure…

/edcrandomthoughts

^ lol too late, USN people already added me to their 'shit list' for not crediting that or something, as if i stole it. hate the internet

but yeah i already got that photo cred. thx anyway

Haha for real? I could see if you were like trying to pass it off as your own, but you even said "photo cred not available" in your post, what a bunch of silly heads.

And as for the post about jean wear, I have a hole in my tellason strummers from where my military rubs. I'll take some pictures when I get a decent camera.