edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

I wanna hear about dem crazy Eneloops :)

GIVE MAH DOUBLE A FENIX SOME MOAR POWWWWWWA

Eneloops don't provide more 'powa' (i dont think power applies here). they are still normal 1.5V chemistry, so same voltage, and probably less energy in general compared to say, a lithium primary

eneloops are just low self discharge and last a good long time. if u want more power, look into 10440 li-ion for AAA and 14500 li-ion for AA. these are 3.7V under load, 4.2V max tho, so beware if ur electronics can only handle 1.5-3V max.

@vitasoy: apparently fenix didnt ship 4sevens their stock -_-.

Eneloops don't provide more 'powa' (i dont think power applies here). they are still normal 1.5V chemistry, so same voltage, and probably less energy in general compared to say, a lithium primary

eneloops are just low self discharge and last a good long time. if u want more power, look into 10440 li-ion for AAA and 14500 li-ion for AA. these are 3.7V under load, 4.2V max tho, so beware if ur electronics can only handle 1.5-3V max.

@vitasoy: apparently fenix didnt ship 4sevens their stock -_-.

I meant that new battery they were going to release. AA light compatible but some huge output. Totally forgot the name or power output... (I would've googled that shit if I did)

http://www.eneloop.info/products/batteries/xx-powered-by-eneloop.html

you are throwing around terms that are not consistent in this context, thats why..

the 'output' you are referring to is the 'capacity,' in this case something like 2500mAh as opposed to 2000-2200mAh. 'power' is energy/time, whereas batteries in a way report total charge (current x time = charge). but its more useful to think that batteries are a source of a certain current for a certain amount of time

lol anyway i would generally reserve 'output' for when referring to flashlight lumens and 'capacity' or energy density when referring to batteries

wait wat

Fuckin suck...

For you edc self defense purposed knife carriers:

If you guys seriously intend to use your knives for self defense, PLEASE know what you're doing.

I just saw some shitty fight between a white dude and 3 mexicans.

One Mexican had a damn kitchen knife (4-5 inch blade max) try to stab the dude in the shoulder, and most likely missed. The kid didn't stagger or look to have any blood coming out of him or anything. Yes, I know adrenaline couldve been in play making him not flinch and what not. But fuck, if you carry a knife for those purposes, fucking know how to use it. I wanted to crack dude in the head for handling a knife like a dumbass.

Though I wouldve sided with the white guys, since the one guy with a knife tried to be sneaky... This was a bunch of pussies trying to act tougher than they could handle.

Not trying to promote you guys getting into fights. But if/when the time comes, make it not suck.

I just saw some shitty fight between a white dude and 3 mexicans.

One Mexican had a damn kitchen knife (4-5 inch blade max) try to stab the dude in the shoulder, and most likely missed. The kid didn't stagger or look to have any blood coming out of him or anything. Yes, I know adrenaline couldve been in play making him not flinch and what not. But fuck, if you carry a knife for those purposes, fucking know how to use it. I wanted to crack dude in the head for handling a knife like a dumbass.

Though I wouldve sided with the white guys, since the one guy with a knife tried to be sneaky... This was a bunch of pussies trying to act tougher than they could handle.

Not trying to promote you guys getting into fights. But if/when the time comes, make it not suck.

So you're saying that one of those three mexicans was carrying a (kitchen) knife to defend themselves against one white dude?

or are you just complaining because there wasn't enough bloodshed?

Man, I really wish Spyderco would have made a knife exactly like the cricket except with a leaf shape blade instead of the raptor clawish curve. I drawer'd my etched cricket after I heard they were being discontinued, but I kind of want a regular SS one for a beater. Too bad theyre so expensive nowadays on ebay. (got my etched for $39.99)

Are there any knives out there as thin as the cricket? (I know the answer is probably no)

So you're saying that one of those three mexicans was carrying a (kitchen) knife to defend themselves against one white dude?

or are you just complaining because there wasn't enough bloodshed?

He wasn't defending, since he jumped into the mix.

What I'm saying is, I know more than half of the people in here probably think they'd be able to use their knives in a physical altercation. And if you do intend to, when the moment comes, know what the fuck you're doing.

This guy thought he was gonna get the better of the white guy, tried to stab an went for the fuckin shoulder. What the fuck is that?

If you carry a knife for self defense purposes, seriously... Know what you're doing.

Just for the record so i know, when i stab, where do i aim if not at the shoulder?

Just for the record so i know, when i stab, where do i aim if not at the shoulder?

There's a pressure point near the shoulder, but not quite. If you stab there, it'll bring more pain, than stabbing plain meat.

Or you could jab the handle into the same spot, and it could potentially drop the person.

HELLA GOES HARD IN DA PAINT.

i shall attempt to get this back on topic. im suprised no talks about cell phones here. other than my wallet its the one thing i ALWAYS carry with me. i have an htc evo and since i got it i stopped carrying a flashlight around. though i know theres a big disparity between the brightness between my preon 1 and my evo, for about everything ill need a light for where i live, so cal, its more than enough.

the pics were taken at a distance of 20 feet or so with a slr on fully manual setting so the brightness levels are accurate

DSC_0554.jpg

DSC_0555.jpg

it came in handy when my buddies and i took a spur of the moment hike up this somewhat rocky hill in the middle of the night in irvine. the evo is definitely brighter than those hand crank flash lights and k-pop glow sticks. o and it also scores bonus points because it uses android and thus u can identify stars and planets using google sky maps.

I remember seeing someone post a photo of their EDC with a KOR bottle, but was inside some kind of bag. Any directions to this?

Was thinking about latching a carabiner to the KOR bottle, then have it latch onto backpack. But I think it might cause the container to pop open so maybe have a bag to carry the bottle then carabiner to attach bag to backpack instead.