edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

8webh0.jpg

Here's my updated keychain setup. From left to right:

-key

-1/2 Micra

-Peak LED Eiger (#4 medium optic)

-Valiant Concepts pen (brane spload the spot on this a couple days ago)

Fits my needs pretty well and hasn't let me down yet.

edit: just got the hook in brass! excited.

just recently copped the new Emerson Roadhouse and i gotta say it is bad ass

have a custom cqc8 also on the way

sold the CF military because its too big and i hate tip down carry. Not willing to get it custom done because im not voiding the warranty on a knife with s90v steel....thats just idiotic.

On a sad note, a good family friend was randomly attacked last week in the middle of the day near a relatively busy street. He is an Orthodox Jew and was walking to his car after visiting an elderly friend and making sure he was doing alright. It was about 5 on Friday afternoon when he was punched in the back in the head, and then repeatedly punched and attacked. The guy was wearing a black hoodie, ski mask, and wearing either brass knuckled or something like that as there was some pretty bad punches/marks on him. He was able to pull off the mask and sort of roll into the road and drew enough attention to make the attacker run off. The guy had a darker skin tone, and a redish goatee. Don't know if it was hate crime/religiously motivated, or just a random attack because of halloween. There's a lot of orthodox jews in that area, so it's sort of hard to tell why he was attacked. He is doing OK now, but obviously very shaken up from the incident.

tl;dr - Family friend who is a orthodox jew was randomly attacked in broad daylight near a bust street.

Point of the story is that people are crazy, and be aware of your surroundings, even during the day. Again, I recommend everyone at least take a basic self defense class so you can protect yourself if you ever have to.

Keep safe EDCers

Check your state laws but in most states you can use force/lethal force if you are in fear of your life, the life of others, or imminent sexual assault. Legal or not, if I am being attacked I'm going to do everything I possibly can to save my life.

"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Weren't you hating on Emerson a few months ago??

yes i was

i didnt like the people at the USN and they really soured me on the whole brand

i went to the plaza show and actually met him and hes a nice guy so that changed my opinion on the company itself, the fanboys still suck

anyways

if you are serious about the cash stash, make plenty sure your split ring is sufficiently strong. would suck to have it slip off your keychain.

the important contact info is a great idea. props

I have lost track of the various knives and reviews you guys have run through. Can someone give me a heads up on a fixed blade with about 6" in blade length. Not too worried about price. Thanks.

Check out Busse Combat knives (if price is not a factor).

I would suggest a Boss Jack proto (you can find a brand new one for 280-320) or what ever in this thread hahaha.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=785630

boss1.jpg

The whole 'for sale' section is basically the only place you can purchase these knives since the designer only fabricates a limited run of these and sells them off very quickly.

Just a heads up tho, they don't come with sheaths unless the owner purchased one himself. There are plenty on ebay that you can snatch up for 40 bucks or so.

Also... Keep in mind that these are not made for delicate tasks so if you're looking for more of a camping knife, these are going to MUUUUUURDER everything out there!

Check out knifetests.com for some excellent examples of the durability of these knives.

My second favorite knife is the Fallkniven A1. It's not as expensive and is extremely performant. For that matter, any of their thicker longer knives are amazing. (Great video on this one on the website)

fallkniven%20a1%20blanco%20cuero.JPG

Also, I do like the Bark River knives as Ken mentioned. The steel isn't as amazing as the Fallknivens and the Busse but they are definitely worth the look! Beautiful craftsmanship, great overall performance!

The Fallkniven and Busse are more of a IT WILL NEVER FAIL YOU concept while the Barkriver is just a notch under these two beastly knives.

1040.jpg

busse is a sick knife company

the work out of their custom shop is unreal

the new bowie knife thats coming out looks bad ass!

bcsbattlepappy2.jpg

^ where did you buy from? fenixoutfitters?

i preordered from 4sevens but they didnt ship even tho they advertised shipping for 2 days ago

the point of my preorder was to get it before you guys bought it so i could tell u if it was worth it or not - _ -