edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

the sharbo is a multipen, it uses refills.. its not like it writes amazingly but i love the design, construction, heft, and incorporation of 2 pens and pencil all in one. ideal for edc.

i'll try to get kenthenoob to chime in, he's a big pen nerd.

i had a look at the sharbo. im not sure how keen i am on the multipen thing...

the quest continues

Without handling the Sharbo I can see why you are reluctant, it really doesn't feel like a multi though.

and also! SCORE@!!@@#jrdsf

my dragonfly rocked up today, must have spent a week in Australian customs as outlined by the fancy green we inspected your package for potentially dangerous items sticker.

IMG_0473.jpg

Pretty small, pictured with a mini aa and victorinox manager. Need to source some brass coloured split rings too, any idea where to cop?

for ne americans with sharbos

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_025V043921600000P?vName=Computers%20&%20Electronics&cName=OfficeProducts&sName=Writing%20&%20Correction%20Supplies&sid=KDx20070926x00003a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=025V043921600000P

this stuff will work in our sharbos. i imagine if kmart has it, at the very least a staples or an office max will have it. its like a buck more expensive than if u buy the 10 pack off ebay. and at least this way u get it right away. i mean if u go the store.

can you only use zebra refills for the sharbo or will any other generic brand work too?

I am also on the fence about multipens. Would love a sharbo as theyre nice and compact compared to other multi's. But I just cant love ballpoint as much as rollerball. I dont really care about how long the ink lasts because I pretty much only write class notes. Trying to work my cheap Zebra Clip-On Eco into my writing habits but the size is what's keeping it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320587957754

have to email the seller to get him to list one for you.

edit: actually he now sells them here:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRASS-WIRE-COIL-FISHHOOK-Key-Ring-Fob-Holder-Vintage-/320596586494?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa50baffe

if you end up buying, please say "Callum" told you about them

I am also on the fence about multipens. Would love a sharbo as theyre nice and compact compared to other multi's. But I just cant love ballpoint as much as rollerball. I dont really care about how long the ink lasts because I pretty much only write class notes. Trying to work my cheap Zebra Clip-On Eco into my writing habits but the size is what's keeping it out.

get the gel refills then from jet pens then. they write a lot better than this ballpoint refill i have....but like i said the gel inks dont last long

I was hesitant to buy it at first, but then I thought... Fuck it, its only money.

Really nicely made, solid construction, my light/sak wont be going anywhere.

edit:

It will also live for years, 17 dollars over 2 - 3 years is pretty minuscule :P

get the gel refills then from jet pens then. they write a lot better than this ballpoint refill i have....but like i said the gel inks dont last long

Thanks for the tip. If I do end up copping a sharbo i'll def try the gel inks. (although you saying they dont last long and seeing the price at $2.40 each isnt encouraging hahaha)

Any other multi's use gel inks? Quick browse through jetpens and found the sharbo gels, sliccies. Are those Coleto's gel? They dont note what it is.

http://www.jetpens.com/index.php/cPath/91_731

energel multi.

energels are the best writing instrument ive used. in particular the energel needle points. (tho i dont think they have a needlepoint multi) the best part about energels is that you can get them now in america (pen and refills). im pretty sure thats why most of the energel line was taken off jet pens.

Thanks for all the help, will rep right after I post this.

Ordered the red Energel Multi and 2 black inks. Pen looks humongous but I guess if it ends up replacing my main black and other color pen, it will work out. I really liked that the inks were so cheap, which was pretty much what sold me. I ordered from www.stationeryart.com because it was slightly cheaper than jetpens. (wish I could have ordered from jetpens because theyre awesome, but since im still just trying pens out I want it to be as cheap as possible). I hope the pen comes with 1 black 1 red and the pencil component because i'm assuming it does from the description. Otherwise I just have a multipen with black ink in it. Anyways, will update later.

Came out to $10.10 for the pen and 2 black inks with international shipping. Not bad.

haha. passionate stuff. ill stear clear then. can you suggest anything else that looks as impressive as the pico?

in hindsight the pico looks wonky as fuqq. but if you like that aesthetic iono, fisher space pens kinda look like that.

whoa, didn't know energel made multis.

their singles are thick as fuck to house all that liquid ink, wouldn't be surprised if the multi either:

a) runs out super quick since it can't house nearly as much or

b) is thick and unwieldy as fuck

gluck with that

but fuck an energel, wirtes too smooth for my tastes

edit: via reviews- "nice sleek design the bad part is that u might get addicted to using it and I almost ran out of ink in 3 days"

yeah so it's a

a flashlight? Really? you carry a flashlight everywhere you go? WTF for?! do you live in alaska during winter solstice?

i'm all for these 'what's in your ____' posts and can find them entertaining, but with random crap thrown in they become retarded. and what's up with the first picture? are there 5 different knives?! c'mon!

WHAT A HATTEUR

@brane that nitecore d11 you posted looks nice.

Buy it so I can live vicariously through you. Been wanting a D10 from long time ago but cant justify getting another single AA light, even though the Nitecore's seem wonderful.

ordered these antique gold split rings in 5mm

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350368005486

anyone know if they will fit mini aa, 123 or victorinox? they look like they should.

LOL 100 of them? and dunno bro.. 5mm is really small. just measured the diameter of my extra split rings and theyre 10mm.

If the 5mm really is the diameter (dont know what else it'd be) it may be too small. The split ring that came with my miniAA is 8mm in diameter. All I can help with basically. 5mm diameter would be REALLY small.

I was going to be like but what about that very large number next to shipping? and then I looked at your location.

Yeah, if its that cheap, I guess what the hell. For outside of australia though, shipping itself is $14 haha.

That's the only reason I went the 5mm's, Ordering the 10mm from the states had pretty outrageous shipping charges.

SMH though, spent like 7 bucks on split rings yesterday, just so they matched my key hook :P

I guess that's what makes EDC so appealing, you can customize/personalize it to your aesthetic.