edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

The constant discussion around here about what you're allowed to carry blade-wise had me look up the local (swiss) law. Kind of funny when you look at it.

"A knife is only a weapon, if it has an AUTOMATIC mechanism for opening AND the blade is longer than 5 cm/the knifeoverall is more than 12 cm". A small "automatic" knife is legal.

A weapon in this sense may never be worn unless with special permission.

So a manually opening knife with a 5 inch locking blade is not a WEAPON but a DANGEROUS OBJECT, i.e. an object that could easily be used to hurt/threaten people. This class also includes e.g. hammers or tire irons. When carrying such an object you need to be able to argue that you will only use it for its intended use. Now for an EDC knife this is no problem but I would seriously like to hear a plea that a 6 inch blade tactical knife is OK...

The constant discussion around here about what you're allowed to carry blade-wise had me look up the local (swiss) law. Kind of funny when you look at it.

"A knife is only a weapon, if it has an AUTOMATIC mechanism for opening AND the blade is longer than 5 cm/the knifeoverall is more than 12 cm". A small "automatic" knife is legal.

A weapon in this sense may never be worn unless with special permission.

So a manually opening knife with a 5 inch locking blade is not a WEAPON but a DANGEROUS OBJECT, i.e. an object that could easily be used to hurt/threaten people. This class also includes e.g. hammers or tire irons. When carrying such an object you need to be able to argue that you will only use it for its intended use. Now for an EDC knife this is no problem but I would seriously like to hear a plea that a 6 inch blade tactical knife is OK...

In my state, I can legally carry a handgun. It's intended use is to shoot/kill someone if they are a threat to my life. My knife laws are also pretty lax, no autos, no double edge knives.

My INTENDED use is for my knife is work and general utility. My UNINTENDED use could be for defense. I'm not leaving my house in the morning thinking that I will be using my blade for a crime, but rather for lawful purposes. Much the same way if a guy got mugged on the way home from a baseball game, his intended use for that bat was not to hit the mugger with it, but to play baseball.

I'm also a medic, and try to buy knives that have "rescue" or "service" in their names or something, something that I could say I need to carry while off duty.

In my state, I can legally carry a handgun. It's intended use is to shoot/kill someone if they are a threat to my life. My knife laws are also pretty lax, no autos, no double edge knives.

My INTENDED use is for my knife is work and general utility. My UNINTENDED use could be for defense. I'm not leaving my house in the morning thinking that I will be using my blade for a crime, but rather for lawful purposes. Much the same way if a guy got mugged on the way home from a baseball game, his intended use for that bat was not to hit the mugger with it, but to play baseball.

I'm also a medic, and try to buy knives that have "rescue" or "service" in their names or something, something that I could say I need to carry while off duty.

And knife/gun laws are in place to dissuade criminals, and to give cops a reason to further search/arrest you if they find an illegal knife/gun on you in hopes that you are a criminal, with the hopes of deterring and lessening crime. The problem with this is that criminals do not obey the law. They will carry handguns and knives, and dangerous weapons. They will carry them into school and hospitals, and "no gun zones"

http://wjz.com/local/doctor.shot.hospital.2.1916187.html

Hospitals are no carry zones, even in my state unless you're a cop on duty, you legally aren't supposed to carry a gun in there. But criminals don't care, they will not obey the law, and they will break it. This is why gun/knife limitations on law-abiding citizens is ridiculous. When I worked in Iowa, the ER had a security guard with pepper spray. Couldn't even have a taser. I felt so much safer with him there /sarcasm. And if a crazy guy walked in the doors of that hospital with a gun, guess who's the first person to catch a bullet? Probably that security guard with his awesome pepper spray.

And in the grand scheme of things, I'll carry my knife when it is illegal. My sister lives in Chicago, and the knife laws are similar to NYC, nothing over 2 or 2.5, and you might not be ably to have a lock. I still carry my 4" military, or 3.5" rescue there. I'll take my chances with the law knowing that I have what I need in case an emergency happens.

This was also the case when I was in high school. I went to a private school where you weren't supposed to have a knife. But I knew I my dean, my principle, and most of my teachers pretty well. They knew I was a boy (eagle) scout, and didnt care that i had my SAK on me. In reality a pair of scissors would do more damage than my skinny 2" SAK blade, but when people hear the word "knife" they get all protective and scared. My friend pulled out a 710 to cut an apple at Panera, and he got some weird looks, I would have like to see the reaction on their faces if we told them that 2/4 people at that table were carrying handguns.

And knife/gun laws are in place to dissuade criminals, and to give cops a reason to further search/arrest you if they find an illegal knife/gun on you in hopes that you are a criminal, with the hopes of deterring and lessening crime. The problem with this is that criminals do not obey the law. They will carry handguns and knives, and dangerous weapons. They will carry them into school and hospitals, and "no gun zones"

http://wjz.com/local/doctor.shot.hospital.2.1916187.html

Hospitals are no carry zones, even in my state unless you're a cop on duty, you legally aren't supposed to carry a gun in there. But criminals don't care, they will not obey the law, and they will break it. This is why gun/knife limitations on law-abiding citizens is ridiculous. When I worked in Iowa, the ER had a security guard with pepper spray. Couldn't even have a taser. I felt so much safer with him there /sarcasm. And if a crazy guy walked in the doors of that hospital with a gun, guess who's the first person to catch a bullet? Probably that security guard with his awesome pepper spray.

And in the grand scheme of things, I'll carry my knife when it is illegal. My sister lives in Chicago, and the knife laws are similar to NYC, nothing over 2 or 2.5, and you might not be ably to have a lock. I still carry my 4" military, or 3.5" rescue there. I'll take my chances with the law knowing that I have what I need in case an emergency happens.

This was also the case when I was in high school. I went to a private school where you weren't supposed to have a knife. But I knew I my dean, my principle, and most of my teachers pretty well. They knew I was a boy (eagle) scout, and didnt care that i had my SAK on me. In reality a pair of scissors would do more damage than my skinny 2" SAK blade, but when people hear the word "knife" they get all protective and scared. My friend pulled out a 710 to cut an apple at Panera, and he got some weird looks, I would have like to see the reaction on their faces if we told them that 2/4 people at that table were carrying handguns.

Online is fine too so thanks.

]: I'll do it then.

Kutters is located in Nepean http://www.kuttersknives.com/

They offer a great selection but the pricing is a bit high. I'd recommend to check them out and then buy from ebay unless you don't paying the extra 30-60$ on knives costing over 130$.

This user has amazing prices and is extremely kind when it comes to making everything duty safe. I purchased my Benchmade 940 for 160 shipped compared to the Kutters price of 200 w/o tax.

http://collectibles.shop.ebay.ca/Folding-Knives-/43328/i.html?_catref=1&_dmpt=Collectible_Knives&_fln=1&_ipg=&_ssn=outfittercountry&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

Online is fine too so thanks.

]: I'll do it then.

Kutters is located in Nepean http://www.kuttersknives.com/

They offer a great selection but the pricing is a bit high. I'd recommend to check them out and then buy from ebay unless you don't paying the extra 30-60$ on knives costing over 130$.

This user has amazing prices and is extremely kind when it comes to making everything duty safe. I purchased my Benchmade 940 for 160 shipped compared to the Kutters price of 200 w/o tax.

http://collectibles.shop.ebay.ca/Folding-Knives-/43328/i.html?_catref=1&_dmpt=Collectible_Knives&_fln=1&_ipg=&_ssn=outfittercountry&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

recently began carrying my new phone and leadholder so I figured I'd snap a photo. (+ freshly polyurethaned woodgrain needs to be admired.)

DSCN6342.jpg?t=1285102494

-cheapo sunglasses from the grand canyon gift shop

-1$ bandana=iphone case

-micron 05 (huge improvement for everyday use over the 005. I'm now a convert.)

-staedtler mars leadholder loaded with HB

-emerson mini a-100

-tanner

-black diamond mini carabiner + keys

recently began carrying my new phone and leadholder so I figured I'd snap a photo. (+ freshly polyurethaned woodgrain needs to be admired.)

DSCN6342.jpg?t=1285102494

-cheapo sunglasses from the grand canyon gift shop

-1$ bandana=iphone case

-micron 05 (huge improvement for everyday use over the 005. I'm now a convert.)

-staedtler mars leadholder loaded with HB

-emerson mini a-100

-tanner

-black diamond mini carabiner + keys

^ While they are in the Toronto area, S&R knives is fantastic, and they sell on-line as well:

https://www.srknives.com/

SR Knives is where I go. You have to be careful though with them. Their online price is cheaper than in the store. They mark them up really high in store in hopes to give you a "deal" which ends up being the online price. As long as you do some research and see how much what you are looking for is elsewhere you can get a deal from there. They kind approach people like a used car salesmen so there is always a deal to be had. They are Fenix dealers now so.

Pen nerds, I need your assistance.

Picked up a Zebra Clip-On Eco. Its basically the Clip-On Multi, except without the pencil component. Anyway, it uses the SK inks, which I guess is the ink line for the crappier Zebra multipens. I ended up not liking how the pens wrote. The lines were too fine and the black was very light. They call the inks "0.7 Fine" or something like that.

I'm used to 0.5 to 0.7 liquid ink pens like the Pilot Precise line and G2's. Just wondering if the Sharbo ink (4C I believe) is any better than the SK inks, or if there's any multipen system with inks that wont make me compromise too much from reasonably dark, medium strength lines?

New one should be out before long....

moskeyto3qtrright.jpg

I kinda prefer the key designs, plus they are metal, that's a plus in my books