edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

post_new.gif 08-20-2010, 10:47 PM

image.php?u=107656&dateline=1275217813 ninemm user_offline.gif

Supporter-1.gif

faint.gifMy T1A just saved my life...kind of

Below is the story about how I my DaFAB XP-G modded T1A saved my life...

Well maybe "saved my life" is a bit dramatic, but it definitely saved me from screaming like a girl, rolling around on the ground, and quite possibly loosing control of my bladder. Not to mention many months of avoiding trees, trash cans, confined spaces, and perhaps the outdoors in general. It will all make sense you'll see.

So, my dog and I are taking a midnight potty break/excursion (for the record she uses the bathroom outside, I don't ). In my apartment complex there is a tree line between us and a sparsely used road. The roads/parking lots of our complex head straight toward the tree line and stop. At the end of each road is our dumpster and recycling containers. In search of the perfect spot to pee my dog and I are merrily walking and proceeding to go behind said containers/dumpster.

Seems safe doesn't it?

SAM_0362.jpg

I've got my T1A, with it's wonderful neutral XP-G beam on a lowish setting. We have some ambient light from the floods on the apartment buildings. As I shine the light ahead something shiny at about chest height catches my eye. At this point I'm approximately 3-4ft from going behind the first recycling container. I immediately pause and with a quick motion ratchet that T1A up to high.

SAM_0363.jpg

SAM_0364.jpg

This guy was chillen in the middle of this huge elaborate web that spanned the distance between the recycling container in the first shot and the tree line on the right...directly in the path we were headed. If I had not had the T1A I would have been ensnared in that web just like Frodo in LOTR. I'm a borderline arachnophobe and this would have freaked me out beyond belief. Thankfully, my trusty T1A was there to alert me that something pure evil was in my path! Anyway, that's my story for tonight...off to bed.

Custom T1A Tailstanding Tailcap Feeler: Check it out - Click here!

quote.gif

from cpf lol

Used my Military to break up a fist sized chunk of ice into 5 smaller cubes for drinks at a party last night.

My Ex10 flew off my keychain but the ring was still on the main ring, soo i was super pissed but I later found it on the porch. SMH for not having a backup and making it easier to find. #One is none.

just came back from LA and i was able to use some of my edc:

victorinox bantam to cut things and open beers

eagletac m2cx4 to find bed after turning off the lights

i did always forget my wallet.... but that's okay if i'm not driving and paying for food :P

brane's dreams have just come true

picture10v.png

Dang. If I hadn't buzzed my hair a few weeks ago I'd want this! How much??

On a different note......

My little girl's first knife!

15588e5e.jpg

She promised not to open the blade unless I'm around. Sniff, A chip off the old block :D

^ it's called inductor whine and yeah it's normal, some are more sensitive to it than others, though. i think it has to do with the pulse width modulation (their way of dimming the light), so it will only be audible on non-max settings

i get mine to sound a lot worse if i activate using thread play and not by cleanly twisting the threads, but ymmv

A++++ thread will reblog again

but on a somewhat serious note i was in chinatown yesterday actually lookin for switchcombs and i found nada, everyone was sellin mac makeup, dick bongs, BB gunz and cantopop CDs

I always find myself in need of a sharp knife to open things with

would the Byrd Cara Cara ($25) fit the bill, or is it best to spend a whole $70 on something like the Endura, Delica, Griptilian/MiniGrip? (or even $100 on an SS Police)

I'd rather go out of budget then buy something cheap and unexhilarating

i wanted to contribute to my bffls thread (Y)

jLS0o.jpg

just a few things... not v cool but yea...

keys: car, bike lock, door

8 gig usb -- so useful for uni

small crkt knife, pretty handy every now and then. got the smallest one i could find cos of realllllly strict knife laws in aus

iem's, ipod nano 16gig -- only really carry when i have a bag or car to leave them in

wallet

cigarettes, RAINBOW zippo (yeah brane bitch)

crappy nokia phone, want a new one but i cant afford it cos i spend all my money on cigarettes.....