edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

I don't like those Sakura Microns at all. The tip dries out too fast / the ink stays wet too long.

Yeah I actually hate it.

If my slicci had a stronger/more lo profile clip it would go in my pocket instead of my bag and the micron would get tucked away.

My main complaint is that the ink isn't even black! it's a dark grey almost.

The only upside for me is that I do a lot of drafting and often use a metal ruler which the micron works well for. Due to the tip being set back under the metal barrel I can get right up aginst the ruler without getting it all inky. But yes, in general, I agree.

img1206b.jpg

-zebra clip-on multi pen + pencil

-uniball jetstream (love this pen. Carry it in my front right pocket and use it constantly just jotting stuff down at work)

-wallet made from old Coors vinyl sign (right pocket)

-apartment building entry card (left pocket)

-iphone 3g (left back pocket - soon to be replaced)

-car, apt, work, bike lock keys (attached to my belt & tucked into back rear pocket. Not sure what they're called but I love the blue loop my keys are on. The actual attachment was awesome for a couple of months but in the last week I've almost lost my keys thee times. Not sure if it's just wearing out or what)

- miscellaneous dog fur

I don't like those Sakura Microns at all. The tip dries out too fast / the ink stays wet too long.

i like sakura microns. they're great for detail drawings, but i edc only for drawings, not for writing. maybe you're writing on waxy paper that isn't abosrbing the ink?

Saw this EDC post on the spyderco forums. What the fuck?

....what is so "what the fuck" about it? that can't be a one-day carry. it's gotta be his edc + rotations.

i like sakura microns. they're great for detail drawings, but i edc only for drawings, not for writing. maybe you're writing on waxy paper that isn't abosrbing the ink?

Ken: you don't find it annoying that it's not a true dark black?

oh and fwiw:

I use it on trace paper when I don't have my slicci or V5 on me and I don't really have a problem with absorption. Maybe it's slightly slower... but not terrible.

Ken: you don't find it annoying that it's not a true dark black?

oh and fwiw:

I use it on trace paper when I don't have my slicci or V5 on me and I don't really have a problem with absorption. Maybe it's slightly slower... but not terrible.

not really a problem at all. i don't usually do a lot of detailing, unless i'm drawing from a reference photo. here is an example of the micron at work:

http://kenthenoob.tumblr.com/post/476705018/boxer-2010-source

keycom or benchmite sounds cool. personally, i prefer a SAK, but totally depends on your needs.

Benchmite is cool, but very hard to open one handed and not made in US. SAK would be good, but I really want one-handed opening capabilities. I might just have to find something a bit bigger.

Benchmite is cool, but very hard to open one handed and not made in US. SAK would be good, but I really want one-handed opening capabilities. I might just have to find something a bit bigger.

bigger... dragonfly?

smaller... ladybug?

speaking of SAKs. i just bought another sak. this one is cool and you might like it, 35%. i'll show it off when i get it next week.

Talked to my sister and she's getting my my birthday present early. Spyderco sharpmaker and a Kershaw Chive. Just under 3" closed, blade is 2", 1.9 ounces. titanium nitride coating, 420hc steel, US made and $40. Has spring assist opening for easy one handed deployment, should be the perfect keychain knife.

kershaw20tini20chive201.jpg