edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Hey Brane, my interest was piqued when you posted on your blog that aspheric lensed flashlight... Now i want one but I love small lights, so I am looking for something 1 or 2 cell.

Do you have any ideas?

1 cell you might consider the romisen rc-c6? it's not purely aspheric, but rather flood-to-throw...

im not too sure about aspherics because i was never really interested in them. you can probably get brighter/tighter with an XR-E emitter running on 1x18650 which is roughly the size of 2x 123.

if you got money to blow maybe a tiablo a9 + aspheric head. :||||

orly. has it been announced already? boo that. i'm not interested if it's going to be opaque.

Yeah, would not trust plastic(?) handle. I'm sure its probably fine for small daily tasks...like opening letters

it's a more durable plastic than the plastic you have in mind... the handles here are made of fiber-reinforced nylon (FRN), which is rather popular on many lower-end production knives.

it's a more durable plastic than the plastic you have in mind... the handles here are made of fiber-reinforced nylon (FRN), which is rather popular on many lower-end production knives.

Ahh I see. I personally, would just prefer something a little "more bomb proof" like f50fan said.

I'm down with the half serrated :cool:

if you want "more bomb proof" you could just get the original manix or manix 2 with the steel liners + g10 scales :)

i'm looking to purchase a new edc knife. is anyone interested in buying a knife or two? i'll post a list of knives i'm selling later.

my knife search is officially complete

now my only goal is to buy another one of these at some point in time as a safe queen

standard CQC-6 by emerson...got over all the bullshit on usn and made nice with the people on the emerson forum...they're cool guys just very VERY protective of Emerson Knives and Mr. Emerson himself...i can deal with that

finally...my search is complete

attachmentjj.jpg

attachment1.jpg

1 cell you might consider the romisen rc-c6? it's not purely aspheric, but rather flood-to-throw...

im not too sure about aspherics because i was never really interested in them. you can probably get brighter/tighter with an XR-E emitter running on 1x18650 which is roughly the size of 2x 123.

if you got money to blow maybe a tiablo a9 + aspheric head. :||||

Yeah that tiablo looks to be the wow factor i want. Its not that i exactly need it but i think you understand that little bit.

Thanks

alright knifefolks: I'm finally ready to move on from my opinel. I've been very pleased with it, but I'm looking for something that's operable with one hand and the lack of a clip has lately been driving me a bit nuts.

A long time back I had a gerber e-z out, which, despite costing 20 bucks was possibly the most useful knife I ever owned. Tough, quick to open, and the perfect size (about 3.5 inches.) I used it for camping and working on a farm for many years and continued to carry it for awhile afterwards. THIS is essentially the knife, although mine was an older model without the cutouts in the blade, just a hole for opening.

So I'd like to find something similar to the gerber in size and ease of use, but obviously of better quality and a little bit more refined now that I work in an office instead of a barn. I've heard mixed reviews of Emersons in general, but have never read anything on sufu regarding the a100. Both the regular version and the mini seem like they would suit my needs, but I wanted to check that no one here had any caveats first...

many thanks.

pretty cool, always nice to look at peoples carry's.

not when they're all hipster douchebags

thats why i havent blogged any of his diptychs on edc

except maybe markmonts, markmont is cool.

but i see ppl carry like, old game boy colors, cupcakes, popsicles cmon son u aint pocketing popsicles smh