edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Anyone still in the flashlight game?

Want to pick up a powerful light with AA option.  Looking at Nitecore's MH line.  MH1A and MH2A.  Both are micro-usb rechargeable and can also take AA's as a backup power option.  MH2A rated at 600 lumens for 1 hour 15 minutes.  Sounds pretty good to me.

1-1_MH2A_EN2.jpg

conq - where/how do you get locking folders in the country now with all the crazy knife legislation they've brought in in the last few years?

i don't know, i've never had a problem ordering knives online - saying that, i've never tried ordering some huge rambo bowie knife or anything. the biggest thing i've ever carried in public is an opinel no. 8 and if i was busted with it i'd probably be in some trouble.

Edited by conqueror

My friend made this for my birthday....278" thick, 3 15/16" long D2 blade, All Ti frame lock, amazing compound grinds. Pure badassery. Oh, it's also one of the first 4 folders he's ever made. He's going to blow up fast with stuff like this coming out of his shop.

Made by Patrick Doyle, Doyle Knives:

978400504d79cd9d4242442f50be7a28.jpg

6bc94b641f1729695f58af1866aad579.jpg

1d89092814856dc80c9427981ebf4fea.jpg

5f91721ce024a8be404364176e2cecc4.jpg

95adb1c1db5c96088b137eca6dc581de.jpg

4346688e7d636e6291854f540404e381.jpg

93614fbb58a8cea2aa82877e0bae5f72.jpg

We're heading to Atlanta in a couple weeks for the Blade Show, it should be a great time.

Yesterday's pocket dump, after running downtown Detroit, getting tattooed, and home to fire up the grill. (And yes my steak got cut with the new blade)

99DC5989-48F6-4A6B-B70F-3E55CB696299-428

i don't know, i've never had a problem ordering knives online - saying that, i've never tried ordering some huge rambo bowie knife or anything. the biggest thing i've ever carried in public is an opinel no. 8 and if i was busted with it i'd probably be in some trouble.

fixed blades aren't an issue (though "swords" do get seized so depending on the rambo-ness of your blade...)

any locking folder that is openable with one hand is on the restricted items list nowadays :( so any spydie, benchmade, etc etc etc are all liable to be seized.

friction folders, SAKs and other multitools (even those with locking blades that are one hand openable) are generally still ok, though customs in this country has always been ridiculous - shit will get seized on questionable legal basis and there is next to no administrative appeal possible. occasionally it's dickish customs officers taking stuff for themselves (apparently), though generally it's just subjective application of the law.

• 2 weeks later...

pocketdump_zpsfadd3235.jpg

iPhone 5 (naked and cracked)

Muji passport style notepad + zebra F-301 pen

Lexcocase for TRICHOME joint holder

NUMBER(N)INE guitar lighter

Gerber multi tool

NiteCore EZ AA flashlight

Paul smith sunnies

Muji pillbox (“ashtrayâ€)

The Flathead feather ring

Undercover fuck goyard wallet 

Stripped down PAX unit for R&D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

pocketdump_zpsfadd3235.jpg

iPhone 5 (naked and cracked)

Muji passport style notepad + zebra F-301 pen

Lexcocase for TRICHOME joint holder

NUMBER(N)INE guitar lighter

Gerber multi tool

NiteCore EZ AA flashlight

Paul smith sunnies

Muji pillbox (“ashtrayâ€)

The Flathead feather ring

Undercover fuck goyard wallet 

Stripped down PAX unit for R&D

yo sell me n(n) guitar lighter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No knives or guns just whats in my pockets.

YKljLtZl.jpg?1

Wallet made of chinese currency of some sorts.

Basic Blue Blocker sunglasses.

Small Moleskin book for doodles and notes.

16gb Iphone 4.

Pilot Vball Fine.

Black standard size Deco Color.

Kgo VV Battery with ViVI Nova and 2.8 atomizer.

Old illest keychain lanyard with an old RC Car shock on it.

my dumpy pockets. a friend just hooked up this le thiers after he lost my trusty eka. he made it on the cheap at some workshop in le thiers. its lovely but i prefer the lightweight all wood construction of the eka, its bad enough that i have to lug around a fucken cell phone in my pockets.

DSC_0176_zps000b448e.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i recently lost my sanremnu so am looking for a new cheapish knife to fuck around with - does anyone have a higonokami? i'm thinking of getting a cheap one from ebay (there is one from japan seller 'akagi-hamono'for $25 inc postage to australia) but i figure i would ask on here. i still use my opinel for edc and i doubt that'll be changing soon.

Edited by conqueror

i recently lost my sanremnu so am looking for a new cheapish knife to fuck around with - does anyone have a higonokami? i'm thinking of getting a cheap one from ebay (there is one from japan seller 'akagi-hamono'for $25 inc postage to australia) but i figure i would ask on here. i still use my opinel for edc and i doubt that'll be changing soon.

i have a 5 year old 80mm blue steel brass folder higo as well as 704 and 710 srm's.  just get another srm. the higo's really are "disposable knives" and blue steel rusts even with lemon juice treatment, etc.

One of the realities of EDC is that shit breaks, goes missing, etc. Over the last year I've had to replace pretty much every piece of what I carry for one reason or another. But, silver lining is that I had a chance to upgrade a few bits here and there.

Some of the new gear

- Back to Maratac AAA for everyday in the pocket from my Quark MiniX. Quark's keychain holder broke, twice. Plus it only uses "nonrechargable" 123's and is bigger. I'll stick with the Maratac

- Backup Maratac AA that lives in my messbag

- Benchmade Mini-Barrage 586BK, M390 Steel for everyday in the pocket to replace the SOG Twitch I. Miss the small size of the sog but the Bench is an infinitely nicer knife and the m390 steel is rad as fuck...

- Benchmade Mini-Grip CM154 for backup and for when I have to send the MB back for sharpening.

- Polarized Oakley Frogskins in black

11225116024_32767d7491_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...