edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

• 2 weeks later...

Double post for thread revival?

Same friend introduced me to the Maxpedition bottle holder and it's freakin' perfect for my EDC needs including gym time. I plan to carry it while traveling overseas too while out exploring.

Super modular, I added the shock cord and also added another "cocoon" pouch to the side (not pictured). Really like that it carries my nalgene, keys, pocket for passport/field notes, light, keys, knife, etc.

outlier ftw. What do you own of theirs?

Don't know if this is everyone's thing, but I love fixed blades. Also, if any of you have one of Jerry's knives you know how quality they are. I'll definitely be getting my hands on one of these.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1036746-The-Anni-Mean-Street-Is-Coming!!!-The-Anni-Mean-Street-Is-Coming!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i was going through some old boxes of my crap and i just found my favorite pocket knife [eka swede 88] that i was sure got jacked. i know its not one of those titanium boners but what can i say, i love me some wood. :)

photo12_zps72d35779.jpg

the dude seems nice, i just wish these knife dudes would get to the point instead of blabbering on for 15 minutes.

check out stephen schmalhaus knife reviews. theyre well crafted and researched, and he's got great taste in knifes. at least in my opinion. in any case, theyre well made and interesting videos.

i'll try

8612210432_3c7d452dd6.jpg

in no order at all so you can figure out whats what for yourself :)

iphone5, macbookp, sanrenmu710, tombow mono eraser, rotring 600 newton lava finish fountain pen, rotring 600 0.5mm pencil, couple of moleskines, sailor nano kiwa-guro ink, engineering pad and ruler, nuvigil, saki p666 roll case, barely visible hokkaido cherrywood audiotechnica sovereign ath-ew9, ma+ one piece origami wallet, and my number (n)ine x tai hachiro frames with cracked lenses :(

in the gyokuroen tin: higonokami knife, charcoal matte lamy safari, rotring 600 0.7mm pencil, rotring rapid pro ballpoint pen, and assorted pencil leads

putting together this edc pic made me realize that i may have lost/misplaced my julius nail ring :(

i also sometimes edc some sakura sj-100 erasers and iroshizuku ku-jaka ink but they arent pictured

schmalhaus has the best knife reviews

watching his videos is the closest i get to having a vacation

i've got a Compagnon by Chambriard in ebony (i am referring to his review upthread) and it is really a great knife for the money

as far as french regional knives go, i most recently picked up a basque yatagan by thiers issard with a ram's horn handle. it is even larger than the Compagnon. but it is really pleasure to hold and use. unfortunately, the "pocentage" isn't great and the knife blade is really close to the backspring when closed, so you have to take unusual care in closing it. there's no room to even wedge a bit of cork in there. so yeah, the tip is a bit rounded off and blunt. with the Compagnon, i did manage to wedge some cork against the backspring to prevent the tip from dulling. probably not necessary but gives peace of mind. i don't know why other french cutlers haven't resolved that issue like fontenille pataud has.

i am talking with someone from Sardinia who will be procuring my first resolza, a friction folder. i am looking forward to this one...

@ work pocket dump:

762c416c85c54739d14f4b23a05c85cb.jpg

Custom Emerson CQC-5

" " CQC-8

Surefire 30th anniversary edition pen

Triple Aught Design LensLight 2 cell light

Saddleback Leather wallet

Persol glasses

Key with Ti/Tritium lantern by Pete Gray

T.A.D. "Skeleton Key"

• 4 weeks later...

my spyderco bug somehow broke today - is there anything similar i can get in size/weight? the only thing i've seen that's close is a sog micron. would a boker keycom be too big for a keychain worn on my beltloop?

Edited by conqueror

68zxjr.jpg

these are my actual every day carry items;

a pen, wallet, chapstick, cash, piece of paper collecting indigo stain (replaced every so often), and a sacred bracelet. (not pictured: my phone (samsung galaxy note 2))

Edited by fatKARLOS

Do you not want to get another bug because this one broke?

correct - that and i can't find one for less than $20 shipped to australia. even if i could, i'm disappointed it broke after less than a year of semi-regular use. maybe i should go back to a small SAK, even though it annoys me when i lose the tweezers due to them always falling out.