edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

That Jeremy Robertson is about perfect. Wow. Definitely going to pick one up with my next Paycheck.

dude the robertson is an absolute bull of a folder

in terms of bomb-proof, this thing wipes strider, grayman, les george, crk off the face of the earth - and whats every better is that every piece of it, from the blade to the pivots, to the screws ...is all made by Mr. Robertson himself. Anyone that puts in that much work and has that type of business ethic i will gladly be a customer of for life. I'm seriously considering withdrawing myself from some makers books and just using that money to get more robertsons...i cant wait to see what his tanto folder is going to look like...i have yet to handle a flipper but i have one on order in starfire damascus and mokuti accents that i'll be taking delivery of, along with its twin non-flipper!

Like I said earlier too, Jeremy is a great guy and I cant think of a better 'up and coming' maker to support. Truly a top-notch, class a operation he has going on. Simple, extremely robust and handsome ...all in one package.

effing beautiful man...if you dont mind me asking

did you get that TAD direct or did you get it on the secondary market?

i can imagine that if you got it secondary it cost you quite the pretty penny

either way its bad ass!

Thanks man! I was lucky enough to score one of these directly from TAD. I know what you mean though. The secondary market pricing on TAD knives can be insane! I can't pay those overly optimistic asking prices! Would gladly pay retail however. ^.^

Here it is with my very first Strider!

7888921538_7bf467b3d2_c.jpg

Man those Jeremy Robertson blades look fantastic! I definitely need to look into those again later :)

Edited by neonecko

I got my first couple sets of custom 3D printed SAK scales in and confirmed they fit well, so I just put them up for sale on Shapeways. I'll see about making them available in stainless and bronze, but I don't want to do it until I get a pair in my hands and on a knife. Metal doesn't really give if the fit is tight, so I'd hate for someone to spend the money for them not to fit on the studs.

http://www.shapeways...ctronicnonsense

T1Iuc.jpg

E1Tzr.jpg

Edited by eNonsense

So finally resolved my pink summons in NYC for my EDC knife. Swiss Army knife sticking out of my pocket cost me $50, 2 court appearances, a new hatred of the "justice" system & police. I was never just going cave in without going to summons trial.

@neonnecko those knives and beautiful, too bad I have no reason to use a knife :/

@neonnecko those knives and beautiful, too bad I have no reason to use a knife :/

Thanks man! There are plenty of good reasons to carry a knife...probably less reasons when your 15 y/o though(I've carried a blade(SAK) since I was 10, so it really just depends on your individual needs).

7904945298_11925a1a3b_c.jpg

Edited by neonecko

ADH, Get the frikky...

In my humble opinion, the Sebenza has gotten to be the trendy knife to have. Its like the Macbook of the knife world. Especially when the maker says "If you flick the knife open it voids all warranties because that is considered abuse..."

Not saying Sebenza's are garbage, Not saying Macs are garbage (Hey, I have 3) but that is just the way things are...

I have a large Sebenza 21, and it has seen a ton of actual use, not just opening a box or letter here and there. I haven't been carrying it very often, as I've been more focused on custom pieces. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to somebody though. They work, and they are solid, well executed tools. There is no reason to give any concern to the no flick rule, as they are so smooth, they blade simply flies open with the thumb stud. I'd say if the design is appealing to you, go for it, if not then pass. I decide to buy knives based on what I like, not whether it is a trendy design.

Here's my Sebenza:

7f51f54c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lost both my EDC lights in one week right before Hurrican Sandy. Quark minix and maratac AAA. the quark keychain ring holder bit had broken months ago. maratacs bulb unscrewed and fell off somewhere. I am pissed off by this. But I just ordered another MiniX and a Maelstrom X-10.

Edited by JackCrank

HUGE HUGE thanks to Tactical LEDs out of PA! This guy is an amazingly nice guy and is donating 5 headlights shipping it out overnight free to help with Hurricane Sandy relief.

It is dark, disgusting work out in the rockaways and the ability to not have to work in the dark or hold a light in your teeth makes it so so much easier. Most of the work we're doing out there is going house by house dealing with flooding. This basically means standing in 2-12" of sewage water lugging out crates of people's possessions ranging from christmas decorations and ruined TVs or pieces of busted drywall and wood. You're in a respirator most of the time and thick ass work gloves all of the time. Thanks to TacticalLEDs help, at least we'll be able to see what the hell we're doing.

Please support this guy and please please donate to the relief effort. The scale and scope of this disaster is beyond belief.

Speaking of Sandy, so thankful to Bern for putting me onto EDC/CPF/flashlight knowledge in general.

That week my entire area was pitch black at night(felt like the movie I Am Legend) and the torches I've bought so far really came in handy. Whereas other people's flashlights/cellphones could only light up the first three or so feet in front of them, my lights were able to light up the entire street/block, lol. Felt very safe knowing that I could see everything. :)

Edited by willy cheesesteak