edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Ship it to your destination. Trying to sneak a weapon (to the TSA/Homeland Security a knife is a weapon) onto an aircraft, especially post 9/11, is a stupid thing to do. Best case scenario would be losing said knife, from there the potential outcomes get much worse...

New from Blade, Emerson CQC-5

A little late, but I went to the Blade show here in Atlanta as well. I picked up a D25A Ti and a Swiss Bianco Alox Rambler SAK, which was the last one of their small batch in this color. I also picked up a DMT sharpening stone. I'll come better prepared to buy a fancy new knife next year. Soooo many beautiful knives at that show. bladegasm.

KMbHX.jpg

Edited by eNonsense

A little late, but I went to the Blade show here in Atlanta as well. I picked up a D25A Ti and a Swiss Bianco Alox Rambler SAK, which was the last one of their small batch in this color. I also picked up a DMT sharpening stone. I'll come better prepared to buy a fancy new knife next year. Soooo many beautiful knives at that show. bladegasm.

KMbHX.jpg

I wish I could've went to Blade. I'm sure it was a fun time!

Alox scales are definitely the way to go! I've got an +B silver Alox Minichamp and it still looks like new. So much nicer and thinner then the regular 'cellidor' scales(if you can sacrifice the toothpick & crappy tweezers)!

It still looks like new because it's silver. These colored ones are annodized, so after a few weeks of bumping into this flashlight there's a good deal of silver starting to show through as the anno wears off the raised parts. This photo was taken when it was new.

I made a good choice then ;). Mine rarely gets used anyhow. I usually have a better blade to cut with.

^That thing is a fuckin beast. A bit too big and too rare for me though. I'm saving my pennies for the production Dauntless :)

It is definitely a handful...I think there was fewer than 10 made, and they sold out in about 15 seconds. I haven't used mine yet, just getting a feel for it, to make sure I will use it, if not I'll try and trade it. I really want a cqc-6.,,

It is definitely a handful...I think there was fewer than 10 made, and they sold out in about 15 seconds. I haven't used mine yet, just getting a feel for it, to make sure I will use it, if not I'll try and trade it. I really want a cqc-6.,,

Man I'm right there with you on that one. A CQC-6 with custom grind is my holy grail. Unfortunately I'll probably never own one unless I happen to win a lottery to buy it direct.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

gotta get back into this thread

img0873w.jpg

Knife - Lucas Burnley Kwaiken w/IKBS, 154v Viral Etch Blade, Lightning Strike CF Scales, Superconductor Bolsters and Purple Ano Ti Liners

Flashlight - Lenslight CR123 x 2 High 400Lumens / Low 5Lumens, Bronze Anodized Al

Watch - Nixon 'Fade to Black' : gift from my amazing gf

Keys - TAD Gear Skeleton Key in Ti v2.0 and CountyComm Delrin CR123 Battery Locker

img0868yz.jpg

Knife - Jeremy Robertson 'El Patron' Custom Ti Framelock Folder in D2 steel and 6Al4v Ti slabs. This knife is an absolutely ridiculous beast of a knife. For a full custom blade, the price is only 25 bucks more than a sebenza and Jeremy is a kick ass maker and super nice guy. This knife has booted all my other folders out of my rotation and i have 2 in damascus on order from him. Check him out at http://www.calaveracutlery.com

Flashlight - Lenslight Mini CR123 w/high of 300lumens and low 5lumens

Watch - Zodiac Diver

Keys - TAD Gear Skeleton Key in Ti v2.0 and CountyComm Delrin CR123 Battery Locker

Wallet - Ghurka Leather Bi-fold aged 8 years

img0879g.jpg

Knife - Three Sisters Forge 'SUPERBEAST' 1/14 in the world. This one has 3v steel, 6al4v Ti slabs and framelocked

Flashlight - Surefire Backup E1B

Watch - Zodiac Diver

also have a custom cqc6 on rotation along with a fellhoelter FLG - hope to get a horton tac4 and a new steven kelly lightspeed xl

hope you enjoyed!

Edited by TokenIndianKid

Hopefully going to place an order on one of the Filip de Coene knives this week. Does anyone on here EDC one? It's either a de Coene or a large Sebenza (the Sebenza will probably win...).

Did you ask him how much they cost? Lovely design.

Got this response. His orders are pretty backed up, but certain items he can turn out quickly.

"The hybrid friction S30V , 275 USD / 210 euro

The hybrid friction PM suminagashi , 345 USD / 262 euro

Hybrid linerlock is possible but has longer delivery times , price starts at 400 USD / 310 euro

The kaiken friction S30V , 350 USD / 275 euro

The kaiken friction PM suminagashi , 395 USD / 300 euro

Kaiken linerlock is possible but has longer delivery times , price starts at 475 USD / 365 euro

The friction folders have no lock , design based on simplicity , social accepted , easy to understand ( safety starts here ), use and maintain, timeless !

For a order I usually ask 100 USD pre payment."

ADH, Get the frikky...

In my humble opinion, the Sebenza has gotten to be the trendy knife to have. Its like the Macbook of the knife world. Especially when the maker says "If you flick the knife open it voids all warranties because that is considered abuse..."

Not saying Sebenza's are garbage, Not saying Macs are garbage (Hey, I have 3) but that is just the way things are...

VECP by Les George and El Patron from Jeremy RObertson are like a sebbie on steroids

about the same price, and no bullshit on the warranty = both made to beat the shit out of it

whereas ive been reading more and more about how soft the new CR s35vn is, and how some people actually get the blade re-heat treated?

fuck that

effing beautiful man...if you dont mind me asking

did you get that TAD direct or did you get it on the secondary market?

i can imagine that if you got it secondary it cost you quite the pretty penny

either way its bad ass!