edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

So I somehow managed to accidentally stumble across one of Peter Atwood's sales almost three days after all the stock had sold out. Snapped up a Wrunt quick-smart. Against all my expectations, it arrived today. Pretty pleased with myself.

Nice!! After the sale was over?! I never catch any of those! I did catch the last 3 sales when they went live though(friends ;)).

I love the Wrunt(mines the one with the red lanyard)! Its a great size for the keychain and the Raw Bar texture means it'll look new...for a long time.

6971152740_70a6f36b39_c.jpg

gotta say, the wrunts are sexy as hell, and I'm super glad i copped one :) basically perfect as a keyring tool for me too. good to see you managed to get your hands on one too, neonecko

but yeah, i was googling where to buy his stuff and the sale link to his website popped up first on the list. this was despite the fact that he had put the wraw bar wrunts up for sale on his blog (and then removed the link and posted they had "sold out") on wednesday morning my time and this was late friday evening...

so word to the wise, if you want any of his stuff, google around the time sale links have gone up and you might get lucky

edit: just tried it with the blue count sporkulas and the link is still there. sold out doe

http://www.atwoodkni...me/33486113.php

Edited by philosophiliac

I had never heard the acronym EDC before. But I started carrying essentials items in 1998 when we here in Eastern Canada had a big ice storm known as "The Ice Storm of 98" where we all lost power for several weeks in below freezing temperatures. Back then I carried a Gerber Multi Tool and cheep plastic flashlight. By the end of the power outage I decided to ramp up my "EDCs".

My first quality knife was the Gerber Air Ranger and a small Mag Light which served me well during the Northeast blackout of 2003. I was complimented and called upon for my gear and preparedness. But, I found the little Mag Light was not quite bright enough so when I saw the Inova X5, I bought it, along with the Benchmade 910 Stryker.

I carried the X5 & Stryker around Japan from 2005 to 2007 and found many an opportunity to use them in every day life, hiking and on mountain camping trips. However I found the X5 to be a little too big and bulky. So I gave my X5 to a friend in Japan and when I finally wore out the Stryker I bought the Benchmade 470 Emessary along with the Fenix PD22.

What I like about the Emissary and PD22 are; the small size and low fitting pocket clips to sit low in the pocket while still being firmly attached with the clip. Plus neither is large while remaining highly durable and functional.

EDCs (foreground):

• Benchmade 470 Emissary
  • Fenix PD22
  • Home made wallet
  • Seiko LandMaster Summiter Master (built in altimeter, Hands can be used as compass.)
  • Car key & Safety box key
  • Old durable BlackBerry World

Bugout bag (background):

• Arcteryx Silo 40
  • First Aid Kit
  • Emergency Kit
  • CRKT M16
  • Swiss Army knife
  • MSR MiniWorks Water filter
  • MSR Multi Gas stove
  • Garmin GPS60csx
  • Nexus compass (In mils)
  • Head Lamp
  • Infinity CMG (red LED)
  • GoPro
  • Tactical Gloves

Not in the photo is my small light weight sleeping bag, Ontario Pilot Survival Knife and MREs.

Thanks for reading, happy I could share.IMG_0177.JPG

Edited by Exploroman

Here's a group shot of the many things I carry around every day:

pockets.jpg

Most stoked on this little guy I made recently to hold my keys without all that janitor steez hanging from my belt loop. It used to be a little bike tool, but now it holds all but my car key + a little screwdriver.

clicktool.jpg

clicktool2.jpg

Love the key-chain design. Very smart. I think I'll copy. :)

Killer picture Nick.

So the company I am currently working for (Im a General Contractor) does not allow and retractable or folding blades. In other words, your blade has to be a fixed blade. Being in the industrial construction trade, I use a normal retractable box cutter style blade dozens of times a day. So I got my hands on a cheap, used ESEE 3. Made a kydex sheath for it that I incorporated my multi tool with. Put a new 44* edge on it with the wicked edge and my work EDC is ready. Used it for the first time today and it worked out nice...

2012-05-08_21-16-12_424.jpg

2012-05-08_21-17-44_360.jpg

Love the key-chain design. Very smart. I think I'll copy. :)

Indeed, me too, what did you use for lanyard-connection? looks perfect.

tumblr_m3qzrcgpT91qzbqkvo1_500.jpg

A friend at work let me have his nano charger and two rechargeable AW's for free! Says he doesn't like dealing with charging t hem. He's a regional manager for a vendor that handles arcades and crane machines so he's constantly using his flashlight, bought 40 Tenergy disposables and carrys 4 with him at a time.

Also got myself a SAK super tinker, fell in love with the thing, definitely carrying in lieu of my spyderco now on as an edc blade.

614ba984987c11e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

Not able to take any pics of my setup now now, but the Leatherman PST is my weapon of choice (will update with pictures of the actual tool):

leatherman.jpg

My dad bought this in the mid 80s, and carried it everyday for over 20 years. I have so many childhood memories relating to this tool, as he would use it almost every day. It's really beaten up now. The tip of the blade is broken and my dad has at some point sharpened the screwdrivers so that they can be used for adjusting eyeglasses. I still have the original leather sheath that my dad would carry in his belt every day. He gave me this when he bought the new Wave tool, but he always liked the PST better because of its smaller size.

Truly an amazing piece, so much more useful and durable than the Swiss style multi tools. Anyone else still using the pst?

sup guys, joined this forum to check out the leatherworking threads but stumbled on this one about 15 minutes into my browsing and have spent all my time here since. alot of EDC stuff i've never seen before like Peter Atwood's shit, fucking NICE. will throw a pic up soon of my plebian EDC gear.

Thanks for the tip hai-san!

Great pickups! Your flashlight setup is almost exactly like mine(was)! Hard to see it, but I've got the same thumb drive and house key attached to the lanyard(behind the purple bead).

Do you actually use any of those Atwood tools? Seems like a multitool would be easier.

edc pics:

064.jpg

RayBan Wayfarers

Fenix LD01

Seiko "Orange Monster" w/rubber strap

Magpul Iphone Field Case

Spyderco Tenacious G

Ben Sherman Wallet (will be replacing with either Corter or Tanner Goods bifold)

Crappy keychain

065.jpg

I probably use this little knife the most, kershaw mini-carabiner.

The little fish used to be a cool bottle opener, now it's a real pain in the ass. Will be replacing with Corter's Bottle opener, pretty stoked for it

corter_leather_bottle_opener_keychain_1.jpg

i rotate my watches of course, but this one has been my favorite for the past month or so

Do you actually use any of those Atwood tools? Seems like a multitool would be easier.

I use the one I'm carrying on me all the time! Mostly as a bottle opener but I've actually used the flathead/pry-tip on multiple occasions. The Superbug I have has the added benefit of philips screwdriver or whatever hex bit I decide to put on there.

Multitools are also great and extremely functional! I've used everything from the Leatherman Micra(keep a full sized Juice in my pack) to a Victorinox Minichamp. But the Atwoods work well for me since I don't want/need another sharp on me. I usually have two so carrying a third may be overkill. Atwoods are small/lightweight/and usually multifunctional so carrying one really isn't a problem as they aren't very obtrusive. Still...Atwoods are not for everybody, but thats a great thing about EDC, its custom tuned to your personal preferences and there's an endless amount of options :). Not trying to convince anyone here to buy them, I just like sharing photos I've taken and Atwoods happen to be my latest interest.

Heres the latest Atwood acquisition. I had to sacrifice 2/3 of my collection to get this piece but I've always wanted a Ghost.

7206153488_1ba0c48cd1_c.jpg

Edited by neonecko

Speaking of EDC...

I was recently stopped (NYC Subway) and issued a pink summons in New York City (10-133 © ) for having a "knife outside clothing." It was in fact a Swiss Army Knife that was barely sticking out of my pocket. And she didn't confiscate. Definitely just trying to meet quota. Anyone know what to do here? I was friendly and polite (as we all should be trying to get off from a cop) but she was hearing none of it. She even had to look up in her little ticket book what the violation number was. Should I plead guilty or not guilty? I mean how can I argue to get it dismissed? She did say it would get dismissed (maybe she won't show up?)

Speaking of EDC...

I was recently stopped (NYC Subway) and issued a pink summons in New York City (10-133 © ) for having a "knife outside clothing." It was in fact a Swiss Army Knife that was barely sticking out of my pocket. And she didn't confiscate. Definitely just trying to meet quota. Anyone know what to do here? I was friendly and polite (as we all should be trying to get off from a cop) but she was hearing none of it. She even had to look up in her little ticket book what the violation number was. Should I plead guilty or not guilty? I mean how can I argue to get it dismissed? She did say it would get dismissed (maybe she won't show up?)

i would look up the violation # and see exactly what the details are. If it's not 100% true then plead not guilty. what a bitch cop

No activity in 4 days? This thread is dead so I'll use a Wedgie to bump this Pest to the top. ;)

very nice!

So I somehow managed to accidentally stumble across one of Peter Atwood's sales almost three days after all the stock had sold out. Snapped up a Wrunt quick-smart. Against all my expectations, it arrived today. Pretty pleased with myself.

gotta say, the wrunts are sexy as hell, and I'm super glad i copped one :) basically perfect as a keyring tool for me too. good to see you managed to get your hands on one too, neonecko

but yeah, i was googling where to buy his stuff and the sale link to his website popped up first on the list. this was despite the fact that he had put the wraw bar wrunts up for sale on his blog (and then removed the link and posted they had "sold out") on wednesday morning my time and this was late friday evening...

so word to the wise, if you want any of his stuff, google around the time sale links have gone up and you might get lucky

edit: just tried it with the blue count sporkulas and the link is still there. sold out doe

http://www.atwoodkni...me/33486113.php

read this tip from you the other day and I was 12 hours late checking in on his g2 keyton sale, emailed him and he said he had one left for me! so stoked, thanks for the tip bro

You guys must be tired of seeing me post Atwood stuff in here. Okay I will stop.

nice!

I use the one I'm carrying on me all the time! Mostly as a bottle opener but I've actually used the flathead/pry-tip on multiple occasions. The Superbug I have has the added benefit of philips screwdriver or whatever hex bit I decide to put on there.

Multitools are also great and extremely functional! I've used everything from the Leatherman Micra(keep a full sized Juice in my pack) to a Victorinox Minichamp. But the Atwoods work well for me since I don't want/need another sharp on me. I usually have two so carrying a third may be overkill. Atwoods are small/lightweight/and usually multifunctional so carrying one really isn't a problem as they aren't very obtrusive. Still...Atwoods are not for everybody, but thats a great thing about EDC, its custom tuned to your personal preferences and there's an endless amount of options :). Not trying to convince anyone here to buy them, I just like sharing photos I've taken and Atwoods happen to be my latest interest.

Heres the latest Atwood acquisition. I had to sacrifice 2/3 of my collection to get this piece but I've always wanted a Ghost.

7206153488_1ba0c48cd1_c.jpg

badass, man. stoked to get my Keyton